Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 616 617 [618] 619 620 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15862142 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #9255 on: May 11, 2010, 06:18:29 pm »

Just invested in a nice replacement card. Thank you Moore's Law for keeping prices the same as technology progresses. Upgrade was for the same price as if I were replacing it at the time of initially getting it.

Unfortunately, it's out of my pocket for now, but I can at least relieve some weight from my sister who'd normally be getting it for me as a gift anyway. Now she can pay me back for it whenever she can afford to instead of waiting for a good opportunity to purchase after earning enough, and remembering to do so.

Add to it, I can get a free game downloaded with the purchase now, and the card has a nice rebate to go along with it. :)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 06:35:27 pm by Itnetlolor »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9256 on: May 11, 2010, 06:48:06 pm »

My right hand is a withered claw.  I don't know why I have such a problem with essay exams.  I take notes like a madman all the time, so it's not like I just can't write.  But they're not the same thing.  My notes are thick and informative, but not that long, because I don't use grammar or structure and cram words into little spaces only I can read.  Writing an exam at the spur of the moment is a problem, because I have at least try to write legibly and properly (and I can be a verbose motherfucker if I get carried away).  Nonetheless, it's like being under a graded time constraint just causes all the muscles in my hand to cramp up and I can't write very quickly.

Those exams I mentioned went about as well as I hoped.  I got a little more critical studying in, but not enough.  Ironically, I think if I had studied more for the history exam I would have done worse.  I didn't know how to answer every question, but I was never once spaced out or at a loss for words because I knew enough about everything else.  Did try to answer everything though, and successfully chatted up the professor after class (as I was the last to finish right at the wire, and damn he's wordy).  Second exam did alright, but I was under the impression that I'd have an actual final-exam amount of time and not an hour short, so the last (and most point-intensive part) was rushed.  Said what I wanted to though.  Woo, I'm Riding the Lazy-Train to B Town One More Time.

Maybe I finish reading the textbooks over summer.  They're quite interesting.

Man, I hate textbooks.  Why can't they compress their thousand page books into 200-page outlines?  I can't study this, they're too busy talking about stuff that's not on the test.  Every time I have to look something up in a textbook, my pinky twitches as I automatically try to hit Ctrl-F.

Anyway, something that makes me happy.  Due to my intense boredom and the urging of someone I met on Omegle, I'm going to start playing a MUD.  Specifically, Lusternia.  If I come back rail-thin and greasy with a ponytail, you know what happened.
Shoes...

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9257 on: May 11, 2010, 07:18:06 pm »

Nothing changed?
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9258 on: May 11, 2010, 07:23:07 pm »

You just started some SICK FIRES

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9259 on: May 11, 2010, 07:26:54 pm »

Shoes...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9260 on: May 11, 2010, 07:33:26 pm »

You want some SICK FRIES with that

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9261 on: May 11, 2010, 07:33:57 pm »

My right hand is a withered claw.  I don't know why I have such a problem with essay exams.  I take notes like a madman all the time, so it's not like I just can't write.  But they're not the same thing.  My notes are thick and informative, but not that long, because I don't use grammar or structure and cram words into little spaces only I can read.  Writing an exam at the spur of the moment is a problem, because I have at least try to write legibly and properly (and I can be a verbose motherfucker if I get carried away).  Nonetheless, it's like being under a graded time constraint just causes all the muscles in my hand to cramp up and I can't write very quickly.

Those exams I mentioned went about as well as I hoped.  I got a little more critical studying in, but not enough.  Ironically, I think if I had studied more for the history exam I would have done worse.  I didn't know how to answer every question, but I was never once spaced out or at a loss for words because I knew enough about everything else.  Did try to answer everything though, and successfully chatted up the professor after class (as I was the last to finish right at the wire, and damn he's wordy).  Second exam did alright, but I was under the impression that I'd have an actual final-exam amount of time and not an hour short, so the last (and most point-intensive part) was rushed.  Said what I wanted to though.  Woo, I'm Riding the Lazy-Train to B Town One More Time.

Man, I hate textbooks.  Why can't they compress their thousand page books into 200-page outlines?  I can't study this, they're too busy talking about stuff that's not on the test.  Every time I have to look something up in a textbook, my pinky twitches as I automatically try to hit Ctrl-F.

Anyway, something that makes me happy.  Due to my intense boredom and the urging of someone I met on Omegle, I'm going to start playing a MUD.  Specifically, Lusternia.  If I come back rail-thin and greasy with a ponytail, you know what happened.

You realize that your requested avatar is now gonna have a greasy ponytail.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9263 on: May 11, 2010, 08:00:41 pm »

I never understood the ponytail stereotype. Is it like the hankie system, to immediately distinguish another of your kind from the crowd?
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9264 on: May 11, 2010, 08:05:40 pm »

Pwease don't  :c
Shoes...

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9265 on: May 11, 2010, 08:22:24 pm »

Pwease don't  :c

A greasy ponytentacle.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9266 on: May 11, 2010, 08:23:38 pm »

A greasy ponytentacle.
Hm, I wonder what that might look li-

Tarran has been struck down.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9267 on: May 11, 2010, 08:54:02 pm »

Spoiler: Errrrrrr (click to show/hide)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9268 on: May 11, 2010, 08:55:15 pm »

My new little kitten makes me happy with his jumping and hopping.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9269 on: May 11, 2010, 08:58:07 pm »

Spoiler: Errrrrrr (click to show/hide)

"LOVECRAFT! Yours are the books that will pierce the sanity!" the betentacled creature bellowed.
Pages: 1 ... 616 617 [618] 619 620 ... 13326