Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15882062 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #6015 on: February 24, 2010, 04:40:54 pm »

Finally made a decent origami crane!  Looks pretty good, although the fact that I made it out of tissue paper means its wings are hopelessly limp.  Ah well, a disabled crane then.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My first attempt, made out of graph paper was... less successful.  However, it looks sortof like a dragon, so I'm keeping it next to my monitor anyway.

I'm happy because Leafsnail just reminded me of the bar napkin rose, which was something I was going to show off at school before I forgot the name.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6016 on: February 24, 2010, 05:08:58 pm »

A while back I made a semi decent looking helmet, since it's a hell of a lot easier to do it with proper origami paper.
I didn't mean to get that alien abduction scene in the background, but whatever.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #6017 on: February 24, 2010, 06:46:01 pm »

Can someone remind me why we all use Steam for chatting anyway, as opposed to something actually good for chatting? Personally, the only reason is that it's the only way you guys are reachable much of the time.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #6018 on: February 24, 2010, 06:47:43 pm »

Can someone remind me why we all use Steam for chatting anyway, as opposed to something actually good for chatting? Personally, the only reason is that it's the only way you guys are reachable much of the time.
Because you can chat while you play, I think. I haven't actually used Steam to play anything for a year or so.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #6019 on: February 24, 2010, 07:08:18 pm »

Oh! I almost forgot to mention! I bough a new mobile phone today! Not only that, but my first "real" phone, being that the one I had before was a vacuum tube thing I inherited from my mom a few generations ago.
It's an android, 3g, touchscreen... cost only somewhere around 5 starving children*, so it was quite a good buy I hope. :D

(* the unit I internally use to represent money, for psychological reasons. It represent the money that if donated could save the life of some starving person in Africa. Thinking of all your finances in this unit is a great way to avoid unnecessary stuff.)
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6020 on: February 24, 2010, 07:18:05 pm »

Ah, origami. I know how to make paper airplanes though. Really good ones while at it.

At times, I can just fold up an F-15 just out of boredom. I think I even tried to launch one with bottle rockets during 4th of July, or at least my siblings did, and nearly burnt the yard down; according to their side of the story.

I can make a few others, but that is my better known papercraft. I'll see if I can craft one and post it soon. I'm still unwinding from work at the moment (nearly 11 hours straight; but hey, even quicker debt climbing out). I've also been offered some additional hours for the week as well. Yay!

To further unwind after that, or even for tonight, I might be willing to Livestream something. Maybe some emulated games. Nothing too powerful. Maybe a playthrough of Mega Man (X, X2, or X3, depending on the audience's choice). I dunno, I also have some SMW mods in stock, except for Kaizo and some of the more completely unfair ones. I could play through some of that, or regular vanilla. Kinda burned out, so playing some of those could help wake me up.

I'll maybe plan on playing at around, I dunno 9pm (-5 GMT). Maybe even a surprise somewhere.

EDIT: Nevermind about the livestream. Not gonna happen. Too tired. Might hang around Uru instead. It's peaceful enough a game to play. Plus, anyone that has it, I'd like to make contact/have a contact.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 09:23:48 pm by Itnetlolor »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6021 on: February 24, 2010, 09:03:51 pm »

(* the unit I internally use to represent money, for psychological reasons. It represent the money that if donated could save the life of some starving person in Africa. Thinking of all your finances in this unit is a great way to avoid unnecessary stuff.)

Interesting... I've represented costs in the number of books I could buy instead ever since I was a little girl.  Made me extremely frugal.

As far as origami, I'm currently folding a round of senbazuru :D
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6022 on: February 24, 2010, 09:09:42 pm »

Well, I'm only 997 off a wish now.  Although one of them is messed up so badly it looks like a dragon and I managed to get the wings and tail/ head the wrong way round on another.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6023 on: February 24, 2010, 09:14:45 pm »

Well, I'm only 997 off a wish now.  Although one of them is messed up so badly it looks like a dragon and I managed to get the wings and tail/ head the wrong way round on another.

Hmm... I have a few hundred, I think.  They're filling up three drawers >_>  I really need to go finish that project at some point, but I'd also like to count them first.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #6024 on: February 24, 2010, 09:18:13 pm »

My sister has been asleep all day. For me, that means a loooooong use of the computer.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6025 on: February 24, 2010, 09:35:07 pm »

My sister has been asleep all day. For me, that means a loooooong use of the computer.

Hehee, I have more computers than I have people in my house.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #6026 on: February 24, 2010, 09:40:31 pm »

Hehee, I have more computers than I have people in my house.
I have 2 computers. It's just that her computer is the only one in our house that has internet access. :\
The 3rd of March is probably the day I'll get my precious, precious, desktop internet! ;D

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6027 on: February 24, 2010, 09:42:48 pm »

5 computers. One of them is hooked up to the 42 inch high definition TV. I play Dwarf Fortress on there.

Outcast Orange

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETIMES_SQUID]
    • View Profile
    • The Outcast Orange
« Reply #6028 on: February 24, 2010, 09:45:19 pm »

5 computers. One of them is hooked up to the 42 inch high definition TV. I play Dwarf Fortress on there.

I can see how that would make you happy today,
 but did you really have to go and make everybody else feel sad? : (
[7:53:55 PM] Armok, why did you demand that I don't eat you?
[7:54:34 PM] [Armok]: woooooo

Burried Houses - Platform Explorer Demo H - Cloud Scream

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6029 on: February 24, 2010, 09:46:04 pm »

I find it funny that I never play nicer looking games on it. Just the matrix that is DF.
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 13326