Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5906 5907 [5908] 5909 5910 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15799245 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #88605 on: September 17, 2012, 01:56:57 am »

Under the auspices of picking apart Uematsu's style, I'm listening to the entire FF6 soundtrack for the first time in decades... trying to ID the character he assigns to each instrument track to create his songs, how he shifts from idea to idea, etc. Really though, it's all just a thin shell to hide a bout of classic game nostalgia. All these feels!

Just to make sure I'm not dating myself yet... you guys have all played FF6, right?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #88606 on: September 17, 2012, 02:00:21 am »

Under the auspices of picking apart Uematsu's style, I'm listening to the entire FF6 soundtrack for the first time in decades... trying to ID the character he assigns to each instrument track to create his songs, how he shifts from idea to idea, etc. Really though, it's all just a thin shell to hide a bout of classic game nostalgia. All these feels!

Just to make sure I'm not dating myself yet... you guys have all played FF6, right?

Of course, we've gone over this like five dozen times by now.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #88607 on: September 17, 2012, 02:02:17 am »

Yeah, beat it easily, which was very impressive since I was 2 at the time.  :P

Jesus, time goes so fast. The years just slip through my fingers, I can only imagine what it will be like when I am 40 or 50.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #88608 on: September 17, 2012, 02:04:10 am »

Why, of course!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W06JEVZPGHk

Someone else did a similar job on the other FF6 songs, and it is probably one of the best orchestrated versions I have ever heard.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88609 on: September 17, 2012, 02:17:16 am »

I thought FF6 wasn't a thing in 'murrica.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #88610 on: September 17, 2012, 02:27:43 am »

What a coincidence!  I was just popping in to share this image :)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #88611 on: September 17, 2012, 02:33:10 am »

Final Fantasy in: JP - US

1 - 1
2 - x
3 - x
4 - 2
5 - x
6 - 3
And rest goes normally.

Just saying :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88612 on: September 17, 2012, 02:38:42 am »

What a coincidence!  I was just popping in to share this image :)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Game utility notwithstanding, that's got to be one of my favorite jRPG moves ever.

EDIT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W06JEVZPGHk

Someone else did a similar job on the other FF6 songs, and it is probably one of the best orchestrated versions I have ever heard.

Everyone always has a hard-on for Uematsu's last boss songs... Dancing Mad for Kefka, One-Winged Angel for Sephiroth, etc. Personally, I've always loved his Overtures, and world exploration themes, particularly the one for after you screw up in FF6 and the world goes to hell. After the dreary tunes that open the post-Kefkapocalypse, the song evokes this feeling of pushing forward, despite not knowing how or if you can make things better... this little thread of hope despite all the horribleness.

...the feels! They keep happening!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 02:45:58 am by Solifuge »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #88613 on: September 17, 2012, 02:45:00 am »

WANT AS WALLPAPER
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88614 on: September 17, 2012, 02:49:32 am »

I have, but I first played it on the GBA, so you're still kinda dating yourself. :P
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #88615 on: September 17, 2012, 02:56:17 am »

I have, but I first played it on the GBA, so you're still kinda dating yourself. :P

I remember the wait for the game on SNES, drooling over articles in game magazines for over a year.  I was about 10 years old.

I remember doing the same for FF7, raging out when Square abandoned Nintendo, and then being unable to maintain interest past the first disc.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #88616 on: September 17, 2012, 02:57:10 am »

My special childhood memory is still Legend of Dragoon. :)

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #88617 on: September 17, 2012, 02:59:57 am »

My special childhood memory is still Legend of Dragoon. :)

It's really weird to think about how special Chrono Trigger and FF6 are to my generation, but that same status will be held by other things if you shift age just a couple years in either direction.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88618 on: September 17, 2012, 03:02:24 am »

I remember the wait for the game on SNES, drooling over articles in game magazines for over a year.  I was about 10 years old.

I remember doing the same for FF7, raging out when Square abandoned Nintendo, and then being unable to maintain interest past the first disc.
So...many....ellipses!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88619 on: September 17, 2012, 03:14:07 am »

Oh wow new SMBC theatre.
Pages: 1 ... 5906 5907 [5908] 5909 5910 ... 13325