Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4817 4818 [4819] 4820 4821 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15769133 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #72270 on: February 22, 2012, 03:46:43 pm »

Then five minutes later, my boss emails me that I've been awarded a $1000 merit award for all my hard work. Day got MUCH BETTER.  :D
Things like that happen in the real world!?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #72271 on: February 22, 2012, 04:00:41 pm »

Then five minutes later, my boss emails me that I've been awarded a $1000 merit award for all my hard work. Day got MUCH BETTER.  :D
Things like that happen in the real world!?
Iknorite? I actually emailed my boss saying, "....this isn't one of those deals where I have to send my bank account details to Nigeria to claim the money, is it?"  :P

Not sure if he nominated me or someone higher up the chain. Admittedly, I've had a few high-profile "save everyone's asses" moments in the past few months, like organizing an ad hoc team on a weekend to migrate the entire damn ATF website, one file at a time by hand. That got some kudos. But yeah...I'm still a little bit in shock. Good shock though.

Sadly, as much as I'd love to spend it on toys for me, I know that we really need to use it to pay down debts. Might have a nice dinner or something to celebrate, then sink that sucker into the mortgage or student loan or credit card.  :-\

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #72272 on: February 22, 2012, 08:08:52 pm »

Whoo! Number 7 on TTFAF pro guitar leaderboard, right above Mexican Beatles, and my left wrist has a horrible twinge!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #72273 on: February 22, 2012, 08:15:22 pm »

Hahahaha!

Hatoful Boyfriend full version Let's Play :D

And it's hillarious as ever! :D

Fat bird is there tooooo D:

Thanks, there goes any chance of productivity tonight.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72274 on: February 22, 2012, 08:24:07 pm »

So MGS5 has been announced--it's another Big Boss game, but it at least looks like they're trying to bring back the concept of "hunting stealth."

:D :D :D
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72275 on: February 22, 2012, 08:24:45 pm »

I'm surprised they let Snake out of the nursing home for this one...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72276 on: February 22, 2012, 08:27:29 pm »

So MGS5 has been announced--it's another Big Boss game, but it at least looks like they're trying to bring back the concept of "hunting stealth."

:D :D :D
Thank god. I don't think I could deal with the Raiden samurai game being an MGS title.

And some more enjoyable Big Boss funtimes. Snake was like a hopeful old tool, trying to make the world a better place. Big Boss is much more bitter and vengeful. It's gonna be great.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72277 on: February 22, 2012, 08:31:34 pm »

The first Google result was from November, where Kojima said "We'll probably have to make it at some point."  I need more news.  Hell yes, Metal Gear won't have to trust in Raiden's good looks to carry it into history, and it's fucking Caveman Snake.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72278 on: February 22, 2012, 08:36:47 pm »

@Max: Nah, this (the fans speculate~) going to be set in the 1980s, so ... Oh god, we might get to see young Liquid.  That would make me laugh to the point of vomiting.

@Duke: Yeah, I'm still feelin' left out because I haven't even gotten to play MGS3, but this looks cool.  Apparently one of Kojima's ideas was to do the Normandy invasion as The Boss, which I think would have been awesome (late pregnancy female soldier shooting things?  Yes please).  Still, this sounds good.  Oh, man.

Oh, and would anyone like a job?  His Twitter feed is buzzing with this stuff, seriously.  So exciting.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #72279 on: February 22, 2012, 09:31:46 pm »

Friend: One of the hearing officers we weren't in front of had an odd last name, "Zlojutro" means "evil morning" in Serbian.
How the heck do you get a name like that?
Me: Well, you know Grumpy from the seven dwarves? Act like him in the morning but worse because he's seen Brittany Spears which excuses anything he could possibly do.
Friend: lol
Me: lol, sorry I'm terrible. :P 
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72280 on: February 22, 2012, 09:45:23 pm »

I just realized that I've been sigged again :3
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72281 on: February 22, 2012, 09:53:58 pm »

Oh, and would anyone like a job?  His Twitter feed is buzzing with this stuff, seriously.  So exciting.

Game Designer
Desired skills and pluses:
Previous professional experience as a game designer

HNNNNGGGGG...I want to do that so very very baaaaaad, but I'm so underqualified... ;_;

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72282 on: February 22, 2012, 09:58:18 pm »

By who, Phantom~?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #72283 on: February 22, 2012, 10:01:14 pm »

Apparently one of Kojima's ideas was to do the Normandy invasion as The Boss, which I think would have been awesome (late pregnancy female soldier shooting things?  Yes please). 
I'd also love to see a game featuring The Boss in WWII, but I fear that it may not be possible to effectively put the player in the shoes of someone so impossibly awesome.

I think it would be better to have the player character be The Sorrow, since he was still alive back then. Kojima used a similar dynamic in MGS2, where Raiden was the player character because Solid Snake was being too awesome to play as. Then accelerated aging took hold, and Snake's awesomeness was reduced to playable levels for MGS4.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #72284 on: February 22, 2012, 10:10:31 pm »

Game Designer
Desired skills and pluses:
Previous professional experience as a game designer

HNNNNGGGGG...I want to do that so very very baaaaaad, but I'm so underqualified... ;_;

Me too :(

Job postings like this make me feel horrible for not trying harder to practice and improve over the last couple years.

But realistically, this thing is going to get applications from top notch quality artists from all over the world.  There's just no way to reach that level without being able to dedicate yourself to it full time, i.e. having professional work experience.

So tonight I'm going to go home and.... tend to my usual responsibilities and eventually get a couple hours to relax with some Dwarf Fortress so that I'm not too much of a mess at work the next day.  Repeat.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 4817 4818 [4819] 4820 4821 ... 13325