Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4657 4658 [4659] 4660 4661 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15750185 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #69870 on: January 25, 2012, 02:09:42 am »

I think my internet just stopped being utterly shit.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69871 on: January 25, 2012, 02:11:50 am »

A random number sent a few pictures to my phone,
upon opening them I found they were naked pictures of the girl sitting 5 feet to my right.

...... good day ...

don't really care who sent them, and i'm not going to tell her
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69872 on: January 25, 2012, 02:12:40 am »

o.O
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69873 on: January 25, 2012, 02:32:19 am »

Wait, what?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69874 on: January 25, 2012, 02:37:29 am »

That would qualify as a pretty fucking epic day, yes!
Was she cute?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69875 on: January 25, 2012, 02:38:24 am »

Well, that sounds just slightly unethical.

In new news, I think I've found two good replacement courses, so I'm going to wind up learning about

a. The history of the English language
b. Programming.

As some sick, misguided, childish part of me holds the dream of everyone else on this sorry asteroid B(6)12, that is, to work in games someday (though it need not be negative, in my part it's a bit of a puer eternis thing), and knowledge of etymology is a serious prerequisite for rhetoric and philosophy, I'm seeing all of this as an unexpected boon.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69876 on: January 25, 2012, 02:40:54 am »

The correct answer is b. English is great, but building entire simulated realities out of logic? How could you pass such a thing up?
Also, it might sound unethical, but this is all relative. What if she is comfortable with such photos? What if she sent them out?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69877 on: January 25, 2012, 02:43:01 am »

No, I mean--those are the two courses I am going to take, should all turn out well.

Both :D

As far as ethics, I'm kind of worried about the "hoho, I don't care who sent me naked pix of this girl" attitude.  Sure, she might have sent them.  That would've been my assumption.  But, explicitly, "It doesn't matter if she wanted me to see her naked or not, I'm just glad I've got the goods" seems a bit... sketchy.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #69878 on: January 25, 2012, 02:44:55 am »

My bed doesn't smell like me oil anymore. That was kind of weird.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69879 on: January 25, 2012, 02:45:12 am »

No, I mean--those are the two courses I am going to take, should all turn out well.

Both :D

As far as ethics, I'm kind of worried about the "hoho, I don't care who sent me naked pix of this girl" attitude.  Sure, she might have sent them.  That would've been my assumption.  But, explicitly, "It doesn't matter if she wanted me to see her naked or not, I'm just glad I've got the goods" seems a bit... sketchy.

Welcome to the cool kids club, here is your foam hat and official 'Fuck objective c!' bumper sticker! You can pick up your JDK on the way out.

Also, if you can't be cavalier about sexuality, what is left to enjoy in life?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #69880 on: January 25, 2012, 02:45:26 am »

Aye. If someone else sent them without her consent, that would be a rather bad situation for all involved.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69881 on: January 25, 2012, 02:46:32 am »

That would qualify as a pretty fucking epic day, yes!
Was she cute?

Yes, yes she is,

And it'd only be unethical if I sent them to other people/posted them online

I was guessing it wasn't her but it could have been as I don't have her number, I'll try texting the number that sent them tomorrow
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69883 on: January 25, 2012, 02:49:38 am »

Awkward as it'd be Valid Dark, I'd ask her; great if she sent them to you intentionally (you could ask her out or something), and if not, you can save her some embarrassment from whoever's passing them around.

Even if you don't plan on passing them around yourself, if someone else is doing it maliciously, you could put a stop to it.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69884 on: January 25, 2012, 02:51:37 am »

Yea, I don't see how you could not talk to her.
Seriously, either she sent them, and in that case FUCKING JACKPOT!
Or somebody else did, and you can go all white knight and maybe pick up.
Pages: 1 ... 4657 4658 [4659] 4660 4661 ... 13325