Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4471 4472 [4473] 4474 4475 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15746790 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #67080 on: December 01, 2011, 03:45:08 pm »

It's actually quite big (~22 inches by ~12 inches) so I need to find a big scanner first, heh xD

I'd use a camera or something but then the quality would be crap.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #67081 on: December 01, 2011, 03:55:37 pm »

It's actually quite big (~22 inches by ~12 inches)

That's what she said.  (I am a blue whale)

Got another spam email, this one from China.  I'm interested in his offer but I'm Lu Bu so I don't understand "phones" and all this nonsense.  The antics will be exceptionally zany.

Shoes...

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67082 on: December 01, 2011, 03:56:36 pm »

Terraria~
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67083 on: December 01, 2011, 03:58:52 pm »

Finally, my teacher says: "I respect you and I respect this piece. Why? Because you like what you like and don't give a damn what other people think."

Cue standing ovation from the class.

Final grade: A.

/happy

That is just awesome.  :D
probably a good thing you don't go to my school then.

on topic: Turns out the astronomy unit of geosystems will be taking up most of a quarter when we get to it. And Space Engine was installed on most of the computers.
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67084 on: December 01, 2011, 04:03:52 pm »

Got bored and modded an ore tree into minecraft.

I can finally say that I have an orechard, h-*shot*
*Hugs*

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67085 on: December 01, 2011, 04:17:02 pm »

I now legitimately have a lame webcomic due to forum game shenanigans.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #67086 on: December 01, 2011, 04:19:51 pm »

Attempting to figure out how much to charge someone who heard of me secondhand (read: I don't actually know this person.) to do a virus removal and software upgrade and simple stuff.
Apparently, it was worth 2 venison roasts, a squash, and $50. ^_^
Man, you get paid a lot better than I do.
Maybe you should freelance? That's what this job was... :P
Yeah, you gotta love freelancing. I do some myself (for graphic design stuff). Pays well, provided you can find the right jobs and clients (and know where to look, and understand how royalties, fixed-rates, and fixed-payments work), and sometimes a fun challenge while at it. Personally, freelancing has to be the best career choice I've made so far.

I like the fact that I don't need to split my profits, unless I hire some help myself, I can control (or at least negotiate) the pricing (plenty fair while at it), no uniforms necessary (unlike just about every other job I've had), and no inter-office politics/competition. And my personal favorite thing, I have all the free time in the world, an uber-flexible work schedule, and I have a system so streamlined, you'd think I don't work at all.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 04:25:41 pm by Itnetlolor »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67087 on: December 01, 2011, 04:36:22 pm »

Critiques on the model drawings we did.

Holy shit this one dude. He started the class with stuff less than stick figures. This class was obviously out of his league, he was getting nowhere with the assignments.

But the moment the model went up he suddenly understood the beauty of drawing what you see and not what you think. I'm talking exact outlines of everything. He still needs work on understanding the underlying structure and making the figure pop out, but it's pretty inspiring to see this burst of understanding.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #67088 on: December 01, 2011, 06:41:43 pm »

I just watched Ong Bak 2.

1.  There's no way Tony Jaa is a real person.  He's some kind of CGI special effect that came to life.

2.  What the fuck is up with the ending?
Shoes...

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #67089 on: December 01, 2011, 06:45:57 pm »

1.  There's no way Tony Jaa is a real person.  He's some kind of CGI special effect that came to life.

I'll have to check that out.  The first one was pretty cool.  I like how his fighting style is sort of 'smash through everything because your muscles are carbon nanofiber'.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #67090 on: December 01, 2011, 07:09:34 pm »

Watching times square on earthcam, and saw a taxi speeding towards a guy on a bike. At the last minute, the taxi swerved around and narrowly missed the cycler. How did this make me happy? Because the ridiculousness of new york traffic made me lol.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67091 on: December 01, 2011, 07:21:18 pm »

You should see Chinese traffic. They don't have to stop for things, they just need to swerve around them.

And fuck yeah math test you are a joke. Two hours? More like 45 minutes of making sure everything is labeled in the word problems.

I guess this is the first time since my outlook on life has gone positive that I've gotten good results from it. Pulling on ahead in life. And both my sisters, who jumped straight to UMD because their math scores were pretty great, hate this subject of exponents and logarithms. I am having no problem whatsoever.

You know how good it feels to be better at something than people you always regarded as better than you in that field? Is this what it feels like?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67092 on: December 01, 2011, 07:23:05 pm »

You know how good it feels to be better at something than people you always regarded as better than you in that field? Is this what it feels like?

Fuck yeah it is.  Hubris that shit for all its worth.  Best feeling in the world, being good at something you're supposed to suck at.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #67093 on: December 01, 2011, 07:48:34 pm »

I'll have to check that out.  The first one was pretty cool.  I like how his fighting style is sort of 'smash through everything because your muscles are carbon nanofiber'.

I liked it more.  Calling the storyline for number 2 bad implies there is a storyline, so I won't call it bad.  The action is incredible though, and he doesn't just use Muay Thai anymore, he basically uses everything.  There's a scene where he fights two guys with two different martial arts at the same time because he's Tony Jaa and can do whatever he wants.
Shoes...

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67094 on: December 01, 2011, 07:54:48 pm »

Incredible display of procrastination today, managed to finish four separate assignments within five or less minutes of the time they were collected.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.
Pages: 1 ... 4471 4472 [4473] 4474 4475 ... 13325