Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13270 13271 [13272] 13273 13274 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15905009 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #199065 on: July 28, 2023, 03:46:21 pm »

The worst week of the year just ended.  At least, I hope it is the worst week of my year.

Please dont take that as a challenge universe.

P:  wrong thread for that lol.  I am quite happy with this bird's eye veggie mac and cheese meal.  mmmm
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 05:01:17 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199066 on: July 28, 2023, 05:48:57 pm »

Oh haha, I assumed you were being ironic.  Like, technically it's good that it ended! *hug*

Someone wanted to voicechat about dreams (they have similar bizarre ones) and they immediately complimented my voice O_o  Specifically that it's "So much nicer" than they expected, lol, okay??  Flabbergasted me for a bit and then we chatted about regional accents (apparently I cover my drawl well until I say "Southern drawwwl").

It's funny because I studied some voice training basics a few days ago, but I'm mostly happy with it already?  I'd like more control (and to be able to switch my voice on command like some people) but I used to record videos and audiologs a lot.  I... think it's naturally a bit high "for a guy", but then goes real low when I'm upset and trying to emphasize how serious and deliberate I am.  IDK.

Voice gender is actually not nearly as much about pitch as people think, though.  I just learned this trick where you do most of a yawn, which shrinks the size of the "pipes" by moving something up the throat, then speak- and the resonances are all different.  Feminine.  Somehow doing that reliably seems to be the key thing, rather than falsetto.

What I'm wondering now is whether I naturally learned to do that, a little, making my voice a bit ambiguous and thus euphoric to me.  I don't know though.  I'll have to make some more recordings.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199067 on: July 28, 2023, 10:33:55 pm »

SLC has approved the tuition fees now, so I'm all set for uni.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199069 on: July 29, 2023, 03:07:42 am »

But the ticks have almost entirely disappeared.
Lucky, I just got a shit load of little tiny ones off my arm a few days ago, and when I say a shit load of them I mean something like 50-70 of them, and all I did was sit next to some tall grass.
Sounds like you ran into a larva nest.

Congratulations, you're a parent!
I don't think so as we have some really small ticks out here.

Also I make a terrible parent to them since I killed a lot of them.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #199070 on: July 29, 2023, 04:31:32 am »

Voice gender is actually not nearly as much about pitch as people think, though.  I just learned this trick where you do most of a yawn, which shrinks the size of the "pipes" by moving something up the throat, then speak- and the resonances are all different.  Feminine.  Somehow doing that reliably seems to be the key thing, rather than falsetto.

What I'm wondering now is whether I naturally learned to do that, a little, making my voice a bit ambiguous and thus euphoric to me.  I don't know though.  I'll have to make some more recordings.
The key to vocal control is mastering the range of "Mongol throat singer" to "talking to a cat"

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #199071 on: July 29, 2023, 05:29:24 am »

This is a skill I aspire to master
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199072 on: July 29, 2023, 05:40:36 pm »

I've got *good* egg drop soup worked out.

Especially great because it's got very few calories, being 90% water.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199073 on: July 29, 2023, 06:45:27 pm »

Most soup is really calorie efficient, and quick to put together.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199074 on: August 01, 2023, 09:12:13 am »

I've been following a Youtuber Mangs as he ran weekly Fire Emblem tournaments where viewers would submit character builds (following a set of rules and guidelines) and they would fight it out in 1v1 best of 3 single elimination tourneys in a modified version of Fire Emblem 8: The Sacred Stones. The winner of the final tournament goes on to become the main character of a "Create My Unit" romhack he intends on making at some point in the future.

These have been wild fun. The finale of "Season 1" concluded recently and it really was just extremely hype. What an extremely tight and climactic ending that was! For something that was wholly improvised, that turned out to be a very even fight right at the end, it was so exciting!

I didn't think to submit any characters myself until the tournaments were nearly completed, and by then the crowd of people clamoring to join was too large for me to have any real chance of getting in. Just watching the meta evolve over time has been intriguing, and looking over the rules document and theorycrafting characters is far more fun than it has any right to be. I'm really looking forward to the next season, whenever it happens.

For anyone interested in watching it yourself, I'd STRONGLY suggest not looking at the Youtube comments, or even getting a plugin that turns off Youtube comments, because the top comments will spoil the victors immediately.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #199076 on: August 06, 2023, 12:58:58 pm »

Best thing about this gate we got to keep the dog out the room with the cat litter: The cat's preferred way to get over it is to wall jump. She bounces off the door frame to make the clear, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199077 on: August 06, 2023, 01:57:07 pm »

My face is generally pretty androgynous (Sans beard hair and stubble when that's around, joys of being trans) but, from the correct angle, it actually looks pretty feminine.

Maybe the hormones are doing some work.

EDIT: Egg drop soup's worked out completely along with a few "Ah crap I ran out of X what can I put in instead?" contingencies, fantastic since I'm headed back to uni this year and cheap, fast and nice food is gonna be useful.

Also discovered that egg noodles work really well in it too. Absorbs all the other flavours so it comes out tasting extra good.

On that note, sesame oil is amazing.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2023, 09:26:16 pm by Great Order »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #199078 on: August 07, 2023, 12:02:22 am »

Had some quite good generic packaged chicken noodle soup.  Took more prep than typical pre-packaged packet noodle soups, but worth it.
Unfortunately, the portion sizes are meal not snack. Oh well, it was good!

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199079 on: August 07, 2023, 08:35:54 pm »

I think I’m succeeding at confusing the data-collectors that try to send targeted ads.

I just got an ad aimed at forest owners - a service to “review and update your forest management plan”.

Amusing on so many levels…
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.
Pages: 1 ... 13270 13271 [13272] 13273 13274 ... 13327