Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13127 13128 [13129] 13130 13131 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15882147 times)

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #196920 on: December 25, 2021, 12:29:01 pm »

I am Russian so I celebrate Christmas on the 7th of January. Merry Christmas to all Westerners tho!
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196921 on: December 25, 2021, 01:21:38 pm »

In mother Russia christmas celebrates you!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196922 on: December 25, 2021, 03:34:32 pm »

a
« Last Edit: August 21, 2024, 06:47:54 am by dragdeler »
let

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #196923 on: December 25, 2021, 06:12:27 pm »

Happy winter solstice ceremony! Don't forget to sacrife a goat and a cock.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #196924 on: December 26, 2021, 12:20:39 am »

one of the local supermarkets sells squishy floppy sand-filled stress toy flaccid bananas, will that suffice?

Happy 2021 victory lap, everyone. May you have visited those whom you wanted to safely, and avoided those whom you did not.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #196925 on: December 26, 2021, 10:38:05 am »

one of the local supermarkets sells squishy floppy sand-filled stress toy flaccid bananas, will that suffice?

Happy 2021 victory lap, everyone. May you have visited those whom you wanted to safely, and avoided those whom you did not.
The winter solstice gods are indifferent really, as long as it bleeds over an altar. They think it's pretty weird that we humans think they demand goats and cocks, but they indulge us our excentricity.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #196926 on: December 26, 2021, 07:29:23 pm »

I think goats and cocks are just cheap, easy to breed animals people often had on hand and could survive without. Only need one rooster for a flock of hens really, and goats feed themselves. You'd have to be filthy fucking rich to have an extra horse or ox to sacrifice.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196927 on: December 27, 2021, 01:51:31 am »

What about sacrificing a person instead?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196928 on: December 27, 2021, 08:31:05 am »

I think we just had someone volunteer!
FPS in Gravearmor (925+ dwarves) is 2-5 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #196929 on: December 27, 2021, 08:48:13 pm »

Peppermint frosting turned out remarkably good. Seems like it's a good cooking sign when you bring out the hammer...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196930 on: December 28, 2021, 02:23:06 am »

I think we just had someone volunteer!
I'd rather not, lets use a hobo instead.

Peppermint frosting turned out remarkably good. Seems like it's a good cooking sign when you bring out the hammer...
Everything is made better when you bring out a hammer!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196932 on: December 28, 2021, 11:37:39 am »

Less obligatory: Atom And His Package - I am Downright Amazed (At What I can Destroy With Just A Hammer)
I loved this kid and his synthesizer back in high school~

also please don't reply to this: it has been 7x24 hours since I've consumed *any* alcohol, woo!  take that, X-mas anxiety.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196933 on: December 28, 2021, 01:27:55 pm »

a
« Last Edit: August 21, 2024, 06:50:24 am by dragdeler »
let

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #196934 on: December 30, 2021, 05:06:14 am »

As posted in the WTF Thread:
Microsoft is releasing Windows 11 soon, after telling people that Windows 10 would be the last version of Windows in 2015. Windows 10 will likely be end-of-life by 2025.

I feel like ditching Windows even more. At least if I used Linux, I'd have a consistent-ish timeline for upgrades for the "just-works" distros (mostly those based on Ubuntu). The fact that they can't keep promises is shit. I don't know if I'll have to do a fresh install and buy a fresh license key, and without that knowledge, I think I'll just give up on Windows. Fuck it. Linux Mint w/ Cinnamon is currently my target, but I'll take anything that's more familiar.

Oh hi there, me from 6 months ago.

I've finally gone and ditched Windows' ass completely, and am now a happy Fedora user on the same laptop I once used Windows on. Yes, the one that ships with GNOME and systemd. Yes, the one that ships with stuff that Linux Enthusiasts™ would consider the Unix Antichrist. Yes, the one that whose parent company is the Big Sad, IBM. That one.

Honestly, as much shit as people talk about GNOME... I actually do like it. I can focus on one task at a time. Or two, if I'm feeling adventurous. My OS may be multitasking, but I sure as hell ain't. You try not panicking when you catch a glimpse of the 20 icons on your taskbar, half of which are pinned, ⅞ of which are things you opened up for Something™ but can't remember what for now, all 2 programs that are actually useful right now...

The main point is that the "task view" mode is chunked off from the "task use" mode. I can devote my full attention to doing tasks without having to consider what programs I have open, and I can devote my full attention to "organizing" (more like garbage-collecting) the open programs without getting distracted by what's in them.

I'm not too distracted by GNOME Software, mainly because I don't bother— I just use the terminal. Graphical frontends are great sometimes, but sometimes I just really want VLC, Firefox, FFmpeg (from RPMFusion), Audacity (the better one that comes with FFmpeg support, audacity-freeworld), proprietary Nvidia drivers, so on, in one command-line invocation.

That was my main gripe with Michaelsoft Binbows; you were doing the equivalent of installing from debs/RPMs for everything that wasn't strictly the base system. And you updated manually for every program you had (unless you had a program that autoupdated, which requires its own infrastructure, thus being a massive duplication of effort). I'm sorry, it's not 1995 anymore, this bullshit isn't acceptable for a supposedly "modern" OS. And yes, package managers exist for Windows, but why are there 4+ of them? Why am I replicating the open-source experience when I shouldn't be dealing with that in the first place? No, the Microsoft Store does not count.

I work with Raspberry Pis, so just working with them is a far more pleasant experience on Linux than on Windows. My file manager can mount drives over SSH just like any other drive. Can you say the same with unmodified Windows?

My life has been so much nicer with Linux. I'm actually happy to use my laptop now. It's made computing fun for me.

Also, it's my birthday! It's been one heck of a year, that's for sure. I'm glad it's ending on a high note.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 05:10:30 am by methylatedspirit »
Pages: 1 ... 13127 13128 [13129] 13130 13131 ... 13326