Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13125 13126 [13127] 13128 13129 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15879821 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #196890 on: December 20, 2021, 12:00:13 am »

may you consume a jellied goldfish in celebration

good luck with it staying that way :P

... also yeah, hey tiru. Will say, every time you chime up again, I wonder if Truean's done alright over the years. The similar names, y'know?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #196891 on: December 20, 2021, 03:26:15 am »

I had a 4.0 this quarter, two A's and an A+. I'm off of academic probation now. [*dives back into their hole*]

Congrats Vector!  That is quite the accomplishment!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #196892 on: December 20, 2021, 03:50:25 am »

Congrats, Vector!

Honestly I didn't realize you were still a student.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196893 on: December 20, 2021, 07:32:03 pm »

I started a math PhD program in Fall 2020 after a few years working odd jobs.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196894 on: December 21, 2021, 02:50:06 pm »

a
« Last Edit: August 21, 2024, 06:48:41 am by dragdeler »
let

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196895 on: December 21, 2021, 04:26:59 pm »

Nice work, both Vector and dragdeler.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196896 on: December 21, 2021, 07:27:43 pm »

I'm super tired with bags under my eyes from working and family stuff (nothing bad, quite the contrary). It's a great blessing to have those two things. Earlier this year honestly was on a breaking point and all this years on survival mode were taking it's heavy toll.

If any of you told me 4 months ago that things would massively improve for old Baal's&co I would have not believed. Super happy over that. Peter is going to have it's first "filled with presents" Christmas. Well is not filled, but for the first time "Santa" is actually bringing what he asked for, which honestly is not that much to begging with.

Many of you guys here supported me with kind words and even beyond, a huge thanks for all of you, you are wonderful friends.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196897 on: December 21, 2021, 07:29:22 pm »

That makes me so happy to hear :)
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #196898 on: December 21, 2021, 08:16:27 pm »

I’m glad things look to be on the up for you Baal.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196899 on: December 21, 2021, 09:25:59 pm »

I took a job at Chipotle on top of my usual. They're paying better than the last time I did fast food, and it's a fallback in case crap hits the fan.

Sure, the general public can have some crappy customers. I'm sure you've all had them, and COVID has made it kinda nuts. There's this one little disabled guy who comes in with his cane all the time and he is the nicest customer ever, though. He just says please and thank you, and is really easy to serve. All he really asks for is for his food to be put in the bag with the handles. He leaves us little messages on the company's customer comment site about how we're always nice, great with COVID precautions, and just do a great job. Corporate laps it up and the manager treats us so much better because of it. He used my name in one of the little customer comments yesterday, and at first I was like "how does he know my name?" but then I read it and it was really nice. He said I was "always nice to customers (even the fussy ones), quick, and took time to clean surfaces like tables and chairs while stocking straws and lids so they never run out. She is a credit to your organization and reflects very well for it." I don't think I've ever had anyone say things like that and sure not in a fast food job. I felt bad for being a little nervous at first, because he's clearly harmless and such a super nice guy, and I was being paranoid. He came in today like normal and nothing happened any different. He clearly has some kind of job, but I have no idea what it is. Probably something with computers or something, but I don't know. I heard someone say he works for courts or with courts or something, but I wasn't really paying attention. I'm just glad he seems to be living his best life.

There are actual nice customers in the world! They do exist. :) 

Edit: I also got a $50 gift card from the manager and my hours are nicer after she read that.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 09:30:53 pm by femmelf »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #196900 on: December 22, 2021, 02:37:46 am »

Glad things are going well, Baal!
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196901 on: December 22, 2021, 07:17:36 am »

Thank you Duna, Hector, Hector in a bottle and Enemy!

Femmelf that is really nice and warming! Sure nice people still exists and while dealing with customers can be rough its also very rewarding as you found out. Can't believe people don't all say hello, please and thank you. I was raised with that as chore values, but people can sometimes forget or have a bad day I guess, I surely have.

Keep being awesome guys.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #196902 on: December 22, 2021, 08:59:20 am »

Did you get a living-cost sustaining job in Venezuala or did you manage to get to Canada, Baal?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #196903 on: December 22, 2021, 10:13:04 am »

Vivziepop teasing Hazbin Hotel on Twitter for the first time since radio silence. Coming soon.

Concurrently, basically half of the major characters are getting recast, including Angel Dust. I will miss that iconic voice.

Apparently, it was all Vivzie's call. Rumor mill suggests there were problems with the VA union.

I'm... cautiously optimistic. She pulled off a recast with Helluva Boss, she can probably do it here as well.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #196904 on: December 22, 2021, 10:17:43 am »

... problems with the union? If this involves strike busting or somethin' I'm going to be intensely disappointed :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 13125 13126 [13127] 13128 13129 ... 13326