Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11482 11483 [11484] 11485 11486 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15799216 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #172245 on: May 28, 2016, 01:21:47 pm »

LET THE IRON HIT THE FLOOR

WHENCE IT SHALL BE REFINED

WITH THE BODIES

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #172246 on: May 28, 2016, 01:52:07 pm »

Dammit, saw the D and thought you were GWG, returned from the dead.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #172247 on: May 28, 2016, 02:05:35 pm »

so Planetside 2 is surprisingly fun

Me and my brother were like "we need a liberator (gunship) to dick around with" so we went to Koltyr (the newbie continent, since i'm actually pretty new at this game), assisted in the capture of a base with large landing pads, spawned a liberator with an anti-tank weapon and went to goddamn town on every enemy vehicle in sight. A few people were clearly getting annoyed by us, since they incessantly came after us with fighter jets, but NONE SUCCEEDED IN THEIR TASK (partly because we were both engineers so we landed and repaired after each confrontation). We wrecked a good number of fighters and ground vehicles before deciding to take a break from being THAT DAMNED LIBERATORTM, which had the added bonus of denying their chance of delicious revenge. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #172248 on: May 28, 2016, 02:47:51 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A spoiler contains a present!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #172249 on: May 28, 2016, 02:51:46 pm »

Is it an aged Mudokon named Abe?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #172250 on: May 28, 2016, 03:16:16 pm »

Nope!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #172251 on: May 28, 2016, 03:26:27 pm »

Nope!
It looks like an aged Mudokon named Abe.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172252 on: May 28, 2016, 04:37:49 pm »

Me and my brother were like "we need a liberator (gunship) to dick around with" so we went to Koltyr (the newbie continent, since i'm actually pretty new at this game), assisted in the capture of a base with large landing pads, spawned a liberator with an anti-tank weapon and went to goddamn town on every enemy vehicle in sight. A few people were clearly getting annoyed by us, since they incessantly came after us with fighter jets, but NONE SUCCEEDED IN THEIR TASK (partly because we were both engineers so we landed and repaired after each confrontation). We wrecked a good number of fighters and ground vehicles before deciding to take a break from being THAT DAMNED LIBERATORTM, which had the added bonus of denying their chance of delicious revenge. :v

I fully expect Liberators to be nerfed after this.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #172253 on: May 28, 2016, 04:47:33 pm »

I have been playing a successful run on Dungeons of Dredmor, and can almost cover my glasses in cheese. I already covered my chestplate in cogs. Things are going well.
Good to hear! What sort of build are you using?
Well, it was a pretty good run (considering my history and experience), but I died soon after, to an alternate dimension Diggle Hell. Damn Diggles.

But, my build, with my very vague memory of such things, was Battle Geologist, Axe, Shield, Master Of Arms, Magic Lawyer (mostly for the item-grabbing), Blood Magic, and Smithing.

I plan on introducing one of my friends to the game today (he's not very into roguelikes, due to the complexity that most of them carry, ((and ASCII art)), but he enjoys funny games, and I've been telling him about it, and he said he'd be willing to try), so hopefully that goes well.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #172254 on: May 28, 2016, 06:39:43 pm »

hee

I probably make it sound more badass than it was though (probably tallied up around a dozen-ish vehicle kills), but i can't deny that my brothers piloting skills probably saved our hides more than once. Well, that, and the fact that the fighter jets were stupid enough to remain squarely in the sights of the tail gun so i could shoot at them incessantly (also one enemy Liberator that hung out waaaaaaay too far down so i could nail it twice with the anti-tank gun). A manned Sunderer has surprisingly scary firepower though, and due to the constant presence of engineers near some of them, those Sunderers survived our harrying. :v (undefended ones, however...)
We could do jack shit to infantry at that altitude though, since the anti-tank gun has area damage comparable to popcorn. A direct hit would be an instant kill, but good luck hitting a dude who's like 3 pixels tall with a non-hitscan weapon that doesn't ignore gravity. A fast projectile it may be, but a magician i am not. :P
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 07:01:56 pm by Shook »
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #172255 on: May 28, 2016, 10:46:40 pm »

It's been years and they're still too good. Long range + instakill + tanky + all-purpose + able to hard-counter their counters just doesn't balance.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #172256 on: May 28, 2016, 11:51:55 pm »

So there's this game you may have heard about, Kantai Collection. It's currently only available in Japan, but with the use of VPN servers I'm able to play the game without being redirected to some other site.

When I signed up and gave my admiral (player character) a name, I decided to use my Chinese name (Both of my parents were born and raised in China before they came to the United States, so yeah). Wang is a fairly common Chinese name (Example: In homeroom in my freshman year, there were somewhere between three and five "Wangs" and we all had different parents and the like), but in Chinese there are things that can be "attached" to characters, which might give them a different meaning.
For example, 王 <-- This is "Wang" without any of the "attachments".
I'd known that my Chinese family name was written with an "attachment" of some kind, but I couldn't remember what it was (I knew my personal name well enough), so I wound up having to guess.

Today I finally remembered and got worried enough about it to ask my mother, and I learned that I had guessed right.
汪 <-- This is my family name written in Chinese.

I don't know why I was even worried about it in the first place since it's use of Chinese in a Japanese game (perhaps because I identify as Chinese to some degree and because I'd be embarrassed to mis-write my own name), but I feel a lot better now.

And kind of proud, too.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172257 on: May 29, 2016, 01:12:33 am »

EDIT: Apparently this shouldn't have gone here, so *shrug*. I read a cool comic today, and it had space lesbians in it, which made me happy.

Also, talked to some online friends today, including the one who I upset! And she now is okay with me. So hooray!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 02:06:21 am by DigitalDemon »
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172258 on: May 29, 2016, 02:04:13 am »

I can produce three good reasons why the above poster might want to edit out a link related to off site media and their comments related to it out of their post. Time will tell if I can think of a fourth.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172259 on: May 29, 2016, 02:07:04 am »

Alright then. I'm keeping the comments, but just without context. If anyone's got a problem with me enjoying comics 'bout space lesbians, too bad, I guess.
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay
Pages: 1 ... 11482 11483 [11484] 11485 11486 ... 13325