Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11383 11384 [11385] 11386 11387 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15749383 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #170760 on: April 09, 2016, 10:36:58 pm »

Do people actually think bigger bust = lower intelligence though?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #170761 on: April 09, 2016, 10:39:14 pm »

To an extent, yeah. It's not an uncommon role better endowed women get placed in, in media, just as an example of a common manifestation of the concept.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170762 on: April 09, 2016, 10:49:29 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 05:39:33 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #170763 on: April 09, 2016, 10:58:55 pm »

Do people actually think bigger bust = lower intelligence though?

what I've found is that mostly people treat pretty women like they're smarter than they actually are, and treat uglier ones like they're idiots as part of getting the pretty ones to notice them.

I think it might be more the halo effect as opposed to social signaling.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170764 on: April 09, 2016, 11:01:13 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 05:39:20 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #170765 on: April 09, 2016, 11:04:08 pm »

Pretty sure they're just arseholes
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #170766 on: April 09, 2016, 11:05:58 pm »

That's unquestionable... but social power-gaming bullshit like that does go on.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #170767 on: April 09, 2016, 11:08:50 pm »

* Tiruin glances at Vec's post.

...Veeeec @_@ I think the dudes around you are jerks and are really influencing your insight into bodyforms o_O I reaaaaally think it's merely local-cultural there because
I'm actually flat enough, and muscular enough, that it's virtually impossible to find clothing that fits me. Anything that fits in the chest and waist won't fit in the shoulders. Between my body type and my "what the hell ethnicity are you??" facial features I honestly considered transitioning just to not have to deal with being an ugly, "stupid" woman anymore .______.
...Err, those guys really don't have class or style if they judge you by skin color or body shape. Alone. For the most part.
And I don't even that ethnicity bit but wat. .~.
You're pretty, and amazing I: and don't let those thoughts keep poking you in mind because they're grumpy thoughts!
Seeing you post here made me happy

Spent 4 hours in bed being sad. Got up and said hi to friends. Then I'm happy...ish. x_x;
Yay friends. :'( Thanks dudes for cheering me up.
[12:09]   ???   To be honest though Tir, you're pretty important to me. It's how you're able to keep me going through life one step at a time.
[12:10]   ???   Because I know you'll be there, encouraging me to keep going.
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 11:17:42 pm by Tiruin »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170768 on: April 09, 2016, 11:13:52 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 05:39:06 pm by Vector »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #170769 on: April 09, 2016, 11:17:15 pm »

Tiru, virtually everywhere I go, one of the first things they ask me is: "So... where are you from?"
That's curiosity, not racism

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #170770 on: April 09, 2016, 11:19:07 pm »

I get asked that all the time, but mostly because I'm white, and I live in India.

But yeah, it does generally come with the assumption that you're foreign.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170771 on: April 09, 2016, 11:24:30 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 05:38:49 pm by Vector »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #170772 on: April 09, 2016, 11:25:17 pm »

PPE: Hello unstable internets and ninjas o_o Good day to all of you!

Tiru, virtually everywhere I go, one of the first things they ask me is: "So... where are you from?"
That's curiosity, not racism
Nah, it's what's after it that diverges from being curiosity. :P (Also they never said that)
That said...it's always best to treat every interaction like other interactions :O meaning to not derive conclusions from 'common' perception. That's what bothered me when I was...talking about personal stuffs and how 'everyone saw me D:' back in my other college, in which my GC helped me out by noting that sometimes we may see it as everything and everyone around us but a change of perspective may see it that they're just a minority impression.

Umph :< Either way, you're not really what they say you are, Vec! Either that or you're pretty surprising to them that they're interested in ya :D (I've got a friend who is always asked if her hair is curly or not and she takes it in stride while joking around with them, even if the tone was all "@_@" x3)

And because the ex-girlfriend who looks just-like-Quistis-Trepe that I was talking about used to tell me that every single feature I had was ugly. I really miss her, but after saying a thing like that, I don't want to talk to her again.
Sometimes, people don't say their words inasmuch as they mean them, and will come off as really, really crude. Context-wise, moods and other stuffs into play, it's best to orient feelings towards others into specifics ._. People change too, leaning more for the better! :D
But umph .-. Hope you're doing swell there! (maybe she meant ugly as in in a constructive-but-rough way? or in a joking way? People told me stuffs similar to that before and I had a REAAAAAL hard time discerning if it was an honest joke, or a joke-at-my-expense, or they were just immature and bullying me <_< [which was how the first years of it was like so I guess that's why it became difficult to discern]...either way it happened, they're pretty likely to think about what they did and said in random intervals within a year and reflect on it. In general, with many people o_o)

However, I still don't like people telling folks I haven't met "Ooh, quick, guess ethnicity."
Maybe...mention it doesn't matter or close the topic if that gets brought up o_O (eg Mention it's complicated...or the topic annoys you or...mention why it bothers you after dropping a closing line)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 11:27:26 pm by Tiruin »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #170773 on: April 09, 2016, 11:30:49 pm »

I didn't ever say it was racism?
Sorry, I'm just really confused as to what the problem is here :-X

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170774 on: April 09, 2016, 11:32:27 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 05:38:33 pm by Vector »

Pages: 1 ... 11383 11384 [11385] 11386 11387 ... 13325