Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10903 10904 [10905] 10906 10907 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15785037 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: [🎺💀🎺] Nuclear donuts, advise countering with vampires (Happy thread)
« Reply #163560 on: October 07, 2015, 11:48:40 am »

...was the cake good, at least?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: [] Nuclear donuts, advise countering with vampires (Happy thread)
« Reply #163561 on: October 07, 2015, 11:51:17 am »

...was the cake good, at least?

Dunno, gonna wait until my parents get home so I can share it. Must be good, I ate the one like this before.

You'd think a lab assistant in a reknown university would get more. Grumble grumble. But hey, my legal working experience counter started ticking, so that's a thing.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #163562 on: October 07, 2015, 12:15:05 pm »

So it turns out, I have to learn how to do this by noon tomorrow.  The cool thing is I watched a single tutorial and successfully did it within my first few tries.  The not cool thing is a couple hours later, I'm still not getting consistent results.  I need to be able to stack 3, then 4, then 5 dice within a couple minutes.  My best so far is managing to stack 5 three times in a row.  And three is just pretty easy to do at this point.
Why do you need to be able to do this by noon tomorrow?
I mean, it's a nifty physics trick but I don't see the real world application.

It's part of a week of daily contest events at work.  The office is broken out into 7 competing teams.  We had a week like this not too long ago, and one of the teams pissed off everyone else in the office by being hyper-competitive and bending rules.  So everyone wants to beat them.  This time around, my team is neck and neck with that one, and everybody else is already way behind.  So we're under a bunch of pressure to take them down.  Dice stacking is today's event, and as of yesterday, almost nobody knew how to do it.  Only one person in the whole office could do it with any consistency, and they're on the team we have to beat.

When I first started practicing, I made sure to play some Eye of the Tiger and Bon Jovi and stuff in true 80s training montage style :D

Training paid off!  I was the only person in the whole office outside of the rival team to successfully stack 5 dice, and I did it in the 2nd best time, sealing 2nd place for my team in the event.  It took me 22 seconds to stack 3, then 4, then 5 dice in succession.  The whole office chanted my name and dealt out high fives.  In the overall week-long ranking, we're now exactly tied.

Everybody wants us to beat this other team, because they're literally pushing their work off on other people so they can spend most of the working days practicing this stuff and coming up with dirty tricks to give them an advantage.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #163563 on: October 07, 2015, 12:21:32 pm »

So it turns out, I have to learn how to do this by noon tomorrow.  The cool thing is I watched a single tutorial and successfully did it within my first few tries.  The not cool thing is a couple hours later, I'm still not getting consistent results.  I need to be able to stack 3, then 4, then 5 dice within a couple minutes.  My best so far is managing to stack 5 three times in a row.  And three is just pretty easy to do at this point.
Why do you need to be able to do this by noon tomorrow?
I mean, it's a nifty physics trick but I don't see the real world application.
It's part of a week of daily contest events at work.  The office is broken out into 7 competing teams.  We had a week like this not too long ago, and one of the teams pissed off everyone else in the office by being hyper-competitive and bending rules.  So everyone wants to beat them.  This time around, my team is neck and neck with that one, and everybody else is already way behind.  So we're under a bunch of pressure to take them down.  Dice stacking is today's event, and as of yesterday, almost nobody knew how to do it.  Only one person in the whole office could do it with any consistency, and they're on the team we have to beat.

When I first started practicing, I made sure to play some Eye of the Tiger and Bon Jovi and stuff in true 80s training montage style :D

Training paid off!  I was the only person in the whole office outside of the rival team to successfully stack 5 dice, and I did it in the 2nd best time, sealing 2nd place for my team in the event.  It took me 22 seconds to stack 3, then 4, then 5 dice in succession.  The whole office chanted my name and dealt out high fives.  In the overall week-long ranking, we're now exactly tied.

Everybody wants us to beat this other team, because they're literally pushing their work off on other people so they can spend most of the working days practicing this stuff and coming up with dirty tricks to give them an advantage.
I think I've read this manga.

Don't cut off your finger with a chainsaw.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 12:32:29 pm by Japa »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #163564 on: October 07, 2015, 12:38:42 pm »

My parents are getting an immense sum in tax returns, antidepressants were cheaper than I expected, I have the bastard child of a cheese omelette and vegetarian fried rice, and the Springboks are trashing the US (no offense).

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #163565 on: October 07, 2015, 12:40:05 pm »

We're being overrun by deer with fancy names?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #163566 on: October 07, 2015, 12:45:28 pm »

We're being overrun by deer with fancy names?

I'll have you know sprinkbokke are our national animals, and it's not so much 'overrun' as, well... "RSA 64 - USA 0". :P

Sport* is the only thing we're better than the US at, and I will damn well enjoy it for the once a year event it is.

*Well, cricket and rugby. So maybe every two years.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #163567 on: October 07, 2015, 12:46:28 pm »

I can't promise anything... I mean, what if I find myself in a situation where it's practical to replace my finger with a chainsaw?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #163568 on: October 07, 2015, 12:56:04 pm »

I can't promise anything... I mean, what if I find myself in a situation where it's practical to replace my finger with a chainsaw?
Is there ever a situation where that's NOT the best option?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163569 on: October 07, 2015, 12:58:11 pm »

Is there ever a situation where that's NOT the best option?
As long as it doesn't activate while you're shaking your boss' hand or something...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #163570 on: October 07, 2015, 01:08:06 pm »

Is English actually the language with the most redundancy?

Was just watching anime and The Great Gatsby (not at the same time. Some could, I cannot). Had a moment of sadness for the decline of English and then listened to some voice actors speak Japanese for a bit and felt better.
I can't tell if you're saying that at least English isn't as redundant as Japanese, or Japanese anime voice actors are just so soothing that they eased the pain of you having to watch The Great Gastby.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #163571 on: October 07, 2015, 01:10:41 pm »

I don't know about "the most", but apparently so; I was rather surprised when I first heard that as well. That said, I can sort of see where it's coming from, given that just about any word or phrase in English (that isn't a conjunction or something) will have multiple synonyms or alternate and equivalent forms of expressing the same sentiment with slightly different implications.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #163572 on: October 07, 2015, 01:11:01 pm »

Japanese anime voice actors are just so soothing that they eased the pain of you having to watch The Great Gastby.
Japanese anime voice actors are just so soothing

I wish to state my disagreement with this statement publicly.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163573 on: October 07, 2015, 01:21:33 pm »

I don't know about "the most", but apparently so; I was rather surprised when I first heard that as well. That said, I can sort of see where it's coming from, given that just about any word or phrase in English (that isn't a conjunction or something) will have multiple synonyms or alternate and equivalent forms of expressing the same sentiment with slightly different implications.
That's true for downright every natural language there is. Is overestimating the complexity of their language some sort of national pastime among English-speaking individuals? Because it seems to be a very widespread phenomenon (chiefly among monolinguals, to my great amusement).
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #163574 on: October 07, 2015, 01:37:01 pm »

Japanese anime voice actors are just so soothing that they eased the pain of you having to watch The Great Gastby.
Japanese anime voice actors are just so soothing

I wish to state my disagreement with this statement publicly.
I mostly find my enjoyment of Japanese/English Voice actors entirely dependent on which I watched first.
So Gurren Lagann is better in English while Kill La Kill's English trailers sound retarded as shit. And Attack on Titan's English VO turned the show into fucking comedy.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 10903 10904 [10905] 10906 10907 ... 13325