Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10372 10373 [10374] 10375 10376 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15784374 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile

So apparently steven universe is pretty lgbbq friendly, which I honestly didn't notice. Which is to say, I didn't notice two female characters clearly being in a romantic relationship (they fucking kiss and it still went over my head).

Honestly, I think the way this show does it is the way to do things to be more inclusive. Don't treat the fact that Beach City is fucking crazy diverse as some special draw, just treat it as a fact. Steven's family (basically three moms and a dad) is a minor plot point, but otherwise manages to be just... there. It's all super interesting and subtle, and I love this show fucking shit I want more of it.

Also, holy bollocks this show has some fantastic music. Even aside from the pretty decent songs sung in-show (and that ending song I am a fucking grown man but Love Like You is the fucking cutest song), the background music manages to be fucking spot-on (my favourites are I am Lapis Lazuli and Opal, I love the sound of both of them). Rebecca Sugar and her team are some talented mofos.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 12:35:13 pm by penguinofhonor »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

Rewatched Season 5 of Doctor Who.

Good lord, I love Matt Smith.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There are gameplay videos out from early builds of Death Road To Canada!
I haven't been this hyped for a videogame in a long time. :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

what road to where what
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Eh... People watching movies that probably mean stuff... And here am I, rewatching Spirit: Stallion of Cimarron, Mulan and 1937 Disney's Snow White for who knows which time.
I make sure to watch Shoot 'Em Up at least once each year, if that makes you feel better. Quality entertainment is not always deep entertainment, although there's always room for that too >___________>
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

It's a shame that Steven Moffat is such a shitty writer.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile

It's a shame that Steven Moffat is such a shitty writer.
He's not that shitty, but he is bad at writing important stuff: all the "OMG!!!!!1!1!!" Moments are more important than consistency, and in a 50 years show it can create serious plot holes.
Some of the episodes he makes are amazing, though. You just have to keep the plot as far away from him as possible...
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

Matt's better at individual episodes than season arcs. Davies really knew how to build up to a grand finale, even though he has his (major) flaws.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

Eh... People watching movies that probably mean stuff... And here am I, rewatching Spirit: Stallion of Cimarron, Mulan and 1937 Disney's Snow White for who knows which time.
I make sure to watch Shoot 'Em Up at least once each year, if that makes you feel better. Quality entertainment is not always deep entertainment, although there's always room for that too >___________>

I watched the three animated Popeye movies last week. They're only about 15 minutes long but the animation is really fluid and the backgrounds are nice and detailed. Some of the dialogues difficult to hear due to the actors mumbling so they didn't need to lip-sync but I find them still enjoyable.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

._.
Finished many things I needed to...months before. Yay. I guess. Progress!
Time to update Vec's Behemoth thread. Someday. When I've got time to update it. Argh net. -_-

Happy: Internet exists. O_O

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

No it doesn't tiruin. Internet is only a figment of your imagination. Just like all of us. Glad you thought of us, though! Not existing sucks.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

No it doesn't tiruin. Internet is only a figment of your imagination. Just like all of us. Glad you thought of us, though! Not existing sucks.
We're just thousands of miles apart. That's all! D:<
Just because I can't directly see you doesn't mean you don't exist. :I
Silly. I:

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Just keep telling yourself that, and I can keep telling you you're wrong. I couldn't do that if you stopped believing in me, you know.

Make-beleive conversations have made me happy tonight. Good night imaginary people. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 10372 10373 [10374] 10375 10376 ... 13325