Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9335 9336 [9337] 9338 9339 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15742119 times)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [???] What do they kno? Snoooooooooo (Happy thread)
« Reply #140040 on: September 10, 2014, 08:03:14 am »

I had a highschool chem teacher who had his moments. Like the one time he was mixing chemicals at the front as a demonstration, and said "Man, this is such a cool reaction that fits the lesson plan so well, why don't I always do this?" as a green cloud starts to waft out of the beaker and he goes "oh right, that's a poisonous gas, everyone out of the class" as he throws it under the fume hood and makes for the door...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #140041 on: September 10, 2014, 08:53:09 am »

I got to relive some terrible jokes from my youth.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140043 on: September 10, 2014, 09:41:49 am »

I've decided that getting older isn't that bad, and that I should stop whining about how old I'm feeling. I have over a quarter decade of life experience, a tonne of anecdotal stories, and a lifetime of Dad jokes ahead of me. Now that I'm over aging, I just have a few major hurdles to go towards general mental health.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #140044 on: September 10, 2014, 09:44:05 am »

I've decided that getting older isn't that bad, and that I should stop whining about how old I'm feeling. I have over a quarter decade of life experience, a tonne of anecdotal stories, and a lifetime of Dad jokes ahead of me. Now that I'm over aging, I just have a few major hurdles to go towards general mental health.
And just think of it this way -- no matter how old you are, I'm older.

Now if anyone needs me, I'll be off in the sad thread, contemplating my own mortality.... :'(

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #140045 on: September 10, 2014, 09:49:02 am »

over three quarters of my class made below a 50 on our last math prueba

yours truly made an 88

I'm a shaaaaark

suck my diiiiiiiiiick

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #140046 on: September 10, 2014, 10:39:28 am »

So. I've gotten into Minecraft. Dicked about on a multiplayer server. Helped set up a rabbit farm. Now I'm going to build a 'shop' that specializes in garishly-coloured leather armour because experimenting with dyes. Life is GOOD.

One of us....

One of us....

One of us....
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140047 on: September 10, 2014, 10:44:48 am »

The real question is- what mods do y'all run?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140048 on: September 10, 2014, 10:47:11 am »

None, at the moment. We've been talking about it, though. I'm advocating for mods like Mystcraft and Galacticraft and The Twilight Forest because more worlds to explore, though.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #140049 on: September 10, 2014, 11:08:29 am »

SO MANY gigs in November. I'm genuinely starting to worry about time for once :D
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #140050 on: September 10, 2014, 12:33:27 pm »

I had a highschool chem teacher who had his moments. Like the one time he was mixing chemicals at the front as a demonstration, and said "Man, this is such a cool reaction that fits the lesson plan so well, why don't I always do this?" as a green cloud starts to waft out of the beaker and he goes "oh right, that's a poisonous gas, everyone out of the class" as he throws it under the fume hood and makes for the door...

My science teacher recently managed to set off a bizarre chain reaction that ended in her holding the lid down on the dustbin to hide the fact that it was on fire, while the HoD spoke to the class.

She started off burning magnesium, and then decided to use the powder because it's more impressive. When the experiment was finished, she left the powder on the edge of the lab desk.

Next step: lithium and water. The first, small, chunk was boring, so she did another larger chunk, which promptly set the hydrogen on fire and sent burning metal everywhere, including onto the magnesium powder, which caught fire. The idiots watching then blew on the powder to try to put it out, so there was burning dust everywhere.

She somehow managed to get it all into the bin, and then the bin (being made of plastic) started burning, and the HoD walked in.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #140051 on: September 10, 2014, 12:39:24 pm »

Wow. Seriously. She's lucky nobody got hurt.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140052 on: September 10, 2014, 12:43:37 pm »

Wow.

Now I'm sad because my chemistry teacher made the subject unbelievably boring. We were just learning about valence shells out of a textbook or memorizing pH values while the class next door was burning magnesium or firing off bottle rockets x_x
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #140053 on: September 10, 2014, 12:46:15 pm »

Wow.

Now I'm sad because my chemistry teacher made the subject unbelievably boring. We were just learning about valence shells out of a textbook or memorizing pH values while the class next door was burning magnesium or firing off bottle rockets x_x
Same here. Except it was two teachers (they taught on different days in the week. I have no idea why two though) and no live experiments. One of the physichs teachers made up for it though, doing various things including filling a huge bucket with water and spinning around with it like a madman.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140054 on: September 10, 2014, 12:54:40 pm »

My science teacher recently managed to set off a bizarre chain reaction that ended in her holding the lid down on the dustbin to hide the fact that it was on fire, while the HoD spoke to the class.

She started off burning magnesium, and then decided to use the powder because it's more impressive. When the experiment was finished, she left the powder on the edge of the lab desk.

Next step: lithium and water. The first, small, chunk was boring, so she did another larger chunk, which promptly set the hydrogen on fire and sent burning metal everywhere, including onto the magnesium powder, which caught fire. The idiots watching then blew on the powder to try to put it out, so there was burning dust everywhere.

She somehow managed to get it all into the bin, and then the bin (being made of plastic) started burning, and the HoD walked in.

Didn't make it to the "greater surface area equals greater re-activity" portion of the lesson yet, eh?
Pages: 1 ... 9335 9336 [9337] 9338 9339 ... 13325