Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7691 7692 [7693] 7694 7695 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15768725 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ( ლ)] He comes (Happy thread)
« Reply #115380 on: October 30, 2013, 03:38:00 pm »

Went outside to open a gate and saw some kind of hawk or something sitting on top of the gate.  We looked at eachother for awhile, before it decided it was bored at me and flew up to a low treebranch where it watched me open the gate, apparently confident that I couldn't reach it there.

Grey spotted feathers with a brownish body, once I got inside a quick google search identified it as a Merlin Falcon.  Kinda cool seeing one of those bigger birds up close.

That and it was amusing seeing the backyard cat, that usually spends her days birdhunting, hiding under a bench terrified of picking on something her own size.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #115381 on: October 30, 2013, 04:03:52 pm »

Birds of prey are awesome. We've got nests of peregrine falcons both in my home neighborhood and around my university. There's nothing quite as awesome as turning a corner and being less than five feet away from one as it rips a mourning dove apart. It notices you and glares you down for a few seconds, then takes flight in a cloud of bloody feathers.

Or seeing one stoop down to snatch one of the idiot sparrows infesting your rosebushes as you relax in the sun. BLISS.

Yes I did love My Side of the Mountain when I was a boy, why do you ask?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #115382 on: October 30, 2013, 04:08:48 pm »

Feeling better after an bad night for sleep (Terror Dream of shit that kinda would make me say 'no' on many levels) with watching some videos and tea :)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115383 on: October 30, 2013, 05:15:51 pm »

Chili is simmering happily on the stove. So much for the weight loss. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115384 on: October 30, 2013, 05:19:05 pm »

Eschewed ice cream for more reasonable cooking.  Photos in a bit. . .
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115385 on: October 30, 2013, 05:20:10 pm »

More borscht?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #115386 on: October 30, 2013, 05:23:29 pm »

The wife had an amazing dream last night, featuring yours truly.

Apparently in this dream I ended world hunger by hiring the guy who turns anything he touches into skittles and sending him to famine zones.

Genuis.
This is a blank sig.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #115387 on: October 30, 2013, 05:33:45 pm »

That this exists makes me happy. This is possibly one of my favourite monologues ever, definitely my favourite in a comic book xD And the voice acting is pretty good too, top notch Mark Hamill impersonation.

Admittedly the point of the monologue is a bit lessened with the lack of the response. Really, that monologue and that line are the entire difference between nihilism and existentialism summed up:

"It's all a joke. Everything anybody ever valued or struggled, it's all a monstrous demented gag. So why can't you see the funny side? Why aren't you laughing?"
"Because I've heard it before, and it wasn't funny the first time."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115388 on: October 30, 2013, 06:36:32 pm »

More borscht?

Check the photo thread :3
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #115389 on: October 30, 2013, 06:38:33 pm »

That this exists makes me happy. This is possibly one of my favourite monologues ever, definitely my favourite in a comic book xD And the voice acting is pretty good too, top notch Mark Hamill impersonation.

Admittedly the point of the monologue is a bit lessened with the lack of the response. Really, that monologue and that line are the entire difference between nihilism and existentialism summed up:

"It's all a joke. Everything anybody ever valued or struggled, it's all a monstrous demented gag. So why can't you see the funny side? Why aren't you laughing?"
"Because I've heard it before, and it wasn't funny the first time."
That was very good I must say. Although, what exactly is the difference between Nihilism and Existentialism.

Edit: After having cleaned out, the unread replies page finally tells me I have no messages! Oh wow, haven't seen that text in a long while.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 06:42:33 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #115390 on: October 30, 2013, 06:52:38 pm »

Although, what exactly is the difference between Nihilism and Existentialism.

At their cores, the simplest explanation is that Nihilism is the idea that life is meaningless, Existentialism is the idea that we create our own meaning. Nihilism says there's no point to all the struggling in life, Existentialism says we should find one.

Oh wow, there's actually a whole fan-made audio drama and motion comic of The Killing Joke on YouTube...that's pretty incredible.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #115391 on: October 30, 2013, 07:08:09 pm »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115392 on: October 30, 2013, 07:13:05 pm »

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115393 on: October 30, 2013, 07:21:36 pm »

Haven't seen my GF in a few months. (long distance right now). Spent an evening playing minecraft together. It was really nice, but we were both disappointed that there isn't a feature for making out...

It turns out I'm actually OK at freehanding a dome.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115394 on: October 30, 2013, 07:38:29 pm »

officially that guy
3 videos a day  :'(
I don't dare play any of those videos. Will someone braver than I tell me what this nonsense is?

Pages: 1 ... 7691 7692 [7693] 7694 7695 ... 13325