Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7591 7592 [7593] 7594 7595 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15745157 times)

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ( ლ)] He comes (Happy thread)
« Reply #113880 on: October 04, 2013, 07:35:23 am »

Logged into EQ2 and found out they lifted item restrictions for free players. No more worthless loot! Thanks, SOE.
 :D
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113881 on: October 04, 2013, 08:10:29 am »

My God, I have finally invested enough effort into shaving that I can do it quickly and well at the same time.

I still have a five'o'clock shadow as soon as I'm finished, but at least I can make it clean in ten minutes total without spilling any blood.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #113882 on: October 04, 2013, 09:41:14 am »

Masterwork Mod's Sound option finally works for me! I can now listen to the sweet, sweet theme music once more!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #113883 on: October 04, 2013, 10:44:03 am »

A walk in a thunderstorm, followed by a hot shower, and now a mug of hot cocoa as I sit in a sleeping bag trying to decide whether or not this continent needs megaflora. The answer, obviously, is "Yes", but more importantly I am so damn relaxed right now.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113884 on: October 04, 2013, 02:49:07 pm »

Beginning of the Week: A girl I knew from German class and my bus talked to me during the bus ride. A short conversation, towards the end of the ride, but still.
Rest of the Week: She sat and talked with me for the whole time we were both on the bus.

That doesn't seem like much, but I'm used* to being alone in most situations. It was pretty nice she talked to me, and it was awesome she did for the rest of the week.

Also, I seem to be very good at making people laugh. Even some of my teachers (the fun ones). Even when I was standing up in class, literally yelling across the room to the teacher about why I shouldn't have to do an assignment --in a good-natured way, of course. If she hadn't been laughing, I almost certainly would have been written up (like my friend was, when he was joking around).
Best part is: I don't even have to try. I say the first thing to pop into my head, and people'll find it amusing. I put absolutely no forethought into my jokes/sarcasm, and it's evidently hilarious.
I've known this for a year or two, but it makes me happy when I make others laugh. Reminds me I'm not completely socially fucked.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #113885 on: October 04, 2013, 04:17:27 pm »

Well it seems we have a joker on our hands.

But do hone your skills, you don't what to say the first funny thing every time, trust me on that, it can lead to awkward situations :P

Also happy of the day, listening to the SimCity 4 soundtrack, relaxing the shit out of myself right now.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #113886 on: October 04, 2013, 04:17:44 pm »

Math. Math made me happy today.

Why? Well, math is awesome, first of all. More importantly, I'm in the greatest math class I've ever taken, Exploring Knots and Surfaces.

That alone makes me happy. Further, I just did something I haven't done before. I spent most of three or four hours of free time working vigorously on a math problem. I have ten-ish pages of notes on one homework problem that was assigned three weeks ago, has yet to be solved in class, and I barely made any headway. Yes, I'm happy that I haven't solved something, because it's so DAMN INTERESTING

For the interested, the problem is to devise a way to determine the number of spanning trees of an arbitrary graph. I want to figure it out on my own, though.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113887 on: October 04, 2013, 04:26:15 pm »

That textbook reminds me of Paul Lockhart.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113889 on: October 04, 2013, 05:43:42 pm »

But do hone your skills, you don't what to say the first funny thing every time, trust me on that, it can lead to awkward situations :P
Hasn't yet. I am incredibly difficult to take seriously; I pretty much talk like "Wodney the Wat" and Elmer Fudd's love-child. I'm also incapable of closing my mouth, so I look like I'm laughing all the time (that is, incapable in both figurative and literal interpretations).
I just am funny, in basically every connotation of the word (including especially the negative ones). I don't mind though: having a unique voice means people are more likely to listen to it, in most cases.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #113890 on: October 04, 2013, 06:54:38 pm »

Being drunk makes me happy! (Which might be a bad thing in and of isteld itself)

Also: http://www.findingdutchland.com/happiest-kids-in-the-world/
We do all of that shit. At least I do something right, or better than most of the rest of the world.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #113891 on: October 04, 2013, 08:09:19 pm »

Today, fans brought more BBQ and booze to the office. Fun times.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #113892 on: October 04, 2013, 08:10:04 pm »

Just got back from my honeymoon.

8 nights in a secluded cabin in the woods. Strangely, no mysterious fogs rolled in nor murders occurred, like one would think in a secluded cabin in the woods.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113893 on: October 04, 2013, 08:11:45 pm »

Just got back from my honeymoon.

8 nights in a secluded cabin in the woods. Strangely, no mysterious fogs rolled in nor murders occurred, like one would think in a secluded cabin in the woods.
Welcome back! Glad to hear that your time was spent fog-and-murder-less.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #113894 on: October 04, 2013, 08:21:22 pm »

TIL you can play multiple Steam games at the same time and get trading cards for each one.
So much farming will commence.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.
Pages: 1 ... 7591 7592 [7593] 7594 7595 ... 13325