Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7302 7303 [7304] 7305 7306 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15772900 times)

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #109545 on: July 19, 2013, 01:11:18 am »

The main problem i have with the dating sim is I've never really played any Namco-Bandai games (except Soul calibur IV and probably III a long time ago) so i won't know any of the characters. I would play some but i have no money ever.

Not even arcade games?? Man look up Dig-dug, you're missing out.
Yeah i played Dig-dug a long time ago. Probably a few others too but i wouldn't be able to remember unless the names were mentioned.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109546 on: July 19, 2013, 01:11:49 am »

...Did Namco do any light gun shooters? I'm wondering if they did Time Crisis or House of the Dead, specifically.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109547 on: July 19, 2013, 01:14:04 am »

Time Crisis yes, House of the Dead i don't think so.

EDIT: Wikipedia confirms Sega made House of the Dead.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 01:16:23 am by Steelmagic »
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #109548 on: July 19, 2013, 01:34:01 am »

...Did Namco do any light gun shooters? I'm wondering if they did Time Crisis or House of the Dead, specifically.
People should name their favourite arcade games. And not arcade-style, they should be actual arcade games you've played in arcades before. Like Sniper Scope. I love Sniper Scope.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109549 on: July 19, 2013, 01:36:38 am »

People should name their favourite arcade games. And not arcade-style, they should be actual arcade games you've played in arcades before. Like Sniper Scope. I love Sniper Scope.
Well, those were two of my favorites. Whether blasting zombies or taking cover against terrorists, I spent many a quarter on them. Another favorite is this Star Wars game where you use a joystick to either shoot things (typically TIE fighters in space segments and stormtroopers in ground segments) or wield a lightsaber. At the end, you got to duel Vader.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109550 on: July 19, 2013, 01:41:09 am »

Mostly 13 and 14--they've just left middle school :I  So they're in an awkward phase.
Well it is good to hear that they have such a positive role model so early on. An engaging educated and both rare and invaluable.
Good luck figuring out how to get them onto a different topic though. I'm sure it will come with experience.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #109551 on: July 19, 2013, 01:52:14 am »

I didn't think I'd be able to pick up any games from the Steam Summer Sale, but lastnight I grabbed Deus Ex: Human Revolution for $4.50.  That one was too good to pass up.  Didn't think I'd get my hands on that game for a long time yet, especially considering I've yet to play the classic original :P
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #109552 on: July 19, 2013, 01:56:52 am »

Well, those were two of my favorites. Whether blasting zombies or taking cover against terrorists, I spent many a quarter on them. Another favorite is this Star Wars game where you use a joystick to either shoot things (typically TIE fighters in space segments and stormtroopers in ground segments) or wield a lightsaber. At the end, you got to duel Vader.
Played the hell out of that one, though it was only for one day. Haven't seen it since. Its rare that I get to see good arcade games anymore. Metal Slug is bloody EVERYWHERE though and I love it.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109553 on: July 19, 2013, 02:01:19 am »

Played the hell out of that one, though it was only for one day. Haven't seen it since. Its rare that I get to see good arcade games anymore. Metal Slug is bloody EVERYWHERE though and I love it.
Metal Slug is amazing, but if you can get the series for the PC or one of the console ports your wallet will thank you.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109554 on: July 19, 2013, 02:03:18 am »

We had a few arcade games around when i was a kid, but i don't remember the names of the games. except Galaga. You don't forget Galaga.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109556 on: July 19, 2013, 02:09:54 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWuzU1aK0jo
Quiz question: What do Andrew Hussie and North Korea have in common? They are both shipping fighter jets.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #109557 on: July 19, 2013, 02:13:01 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWuzU1aK0jo
Quiz question: What do Andrew Hussie and North Korea have in common? They are both shipping fighter jets.

falken for school mascot

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #109558 on: July 19, 2013, 02:17:11 am »

Yes. A Cracked article. Some of you are cringing away in fear or hatred or disgust or whatever. That's nice. I'm glad you have formed a strong opinion and are sticking to your principles, or whatever other platitude-thingy fits in right here, but I don't care too terribly much if you hate Cracked. John Cheese just made a few extremely good points that make me view my day a bit better.

In that vein of thought, I have been angry all day today. Not like, mildly irritated or somewhat frustrated. No, I have been MAXIMUM ANGRY at everything, ALL DAY. At work, I was mentally calling little old ladies awful, horrible things as they stood there in front of me, as I drove a giant, very noisy floor cleaning machine, debating which of twenty-five brands of frozen vegetables fits their precise and highly optimized dietary needs the most, quietly weighing the cost versus health benefits in a compl- JUST FUCKING MOVE. MOVE YOUR FUCKING ASS BEFORE I RUN YOU DOWN LIKE AN EXTRA IN DEATH RACE 2000. I UNDERSTAND YOU ARE SHOPPING AND YOU HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE FUCKING WORLD TO PICK BROCCOLI. I AM CLEANING AND I HAVE EXACTLY 42 MINUTES TO FINISH THIS, CLEAN THE BATHROOMS, AND FUCKING STOCK THE ENTIRE PRODUCE DEPARTMENT, AND ALL OF THOSE THINGS TAKE THIRTY MINUTES. PLEASE. FUCKING. MOVE.

And now I'm happy again, because I DIDN'T shout that at some poor old lady that's just shopping for groceries, and instead I have enough self control to smile politely, go around them, skip an aisle to give them time to shop without pressuring them or making them move, and even ask them if they need assistance as I pass. Anger, sadness, worry, annoyance, they are all natural emotions and have to be felt sometimes. If you are happy 100% of the time, you scare me, legitimately. It's very healthy to get angry when something frustrating happens. It's even more healthy to practice self control and not blow up like a goddamn lunatic sociopath when you feel that anger.

And now I'm going to go enjoy the very best part of my day, collapsing into the callous and uncaring embrace of my bed, and having a variety of freakish, nightmarish dreams until I wake up tired, angry, and looking on the new day with suspicion, distrust, and wary hatred. On the bright side, I should get some WH40k models next week sometime. Glorious, expensive, gribbly Tyranids.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #109559 on: July 19, 2013, 02:20:59 am »

Metal Slug is amazing, but if you can get the series for the PC or one of the console ports your wallet will thank you.
I love that Star Wars game. And also The Lost World. But I'be played through them so many times I don't get the same feeling anymore. This other one I like is this Chinese game which is an RTS card game combo. To play it I had to buy a starter pack from the front desk, and then each battle it gives you a card. You lay out the cards on this flat table in front of the machine and it can tell what they are along with location, so you move the cards around on the table to give commands.
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 7302 7303 [7304] 7305 7306 ... 13325