Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7300 7301 [7302] 7303 7304 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15773563 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #109515 on: July 18, 2013, 09:09:38 pm »

And Mass Effect 2 started. Goddamn that was an amazing start. 2 hours passed like it was 20 minutes.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109516 on: July 18, 2013, 09:28:15 pm »

Actually, I CAN do simple maths under pressure.

Maths party, anyone?
Once it started asking me to algebra and asking me if a certain number was prime, I think it lost the right to keep calling it "simple maths".

Yeah, I lost on level 9, largely because I have spent all day doing vast volumes of simple math under pressure.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109517 on: July 18, 2013, 09:29:28 pm »

Maths party, anyone?
Once it started asking me to algebra and asking me if a certain number was prime, I think it lost the right to keep calling it "simple maths".

Yeah, I lost on level 9, largely because I have spent all day doing vast volumes of simple math under pressure.

I lost on level seven when I forgot how many minutes were in an hour somehow.

I CAN'T DO SIMPLE MATHS UNDER PRESSURE.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #109518 on: July 18, 2013, 09:33:13 pm »

New episode of Bravest Warriors and the first episode of RWBY has more scythe-dancing. <3

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #109519 on: July 18, 2013, 09:46:52 pm »

The new Bravest Warriors episode is pretty funny. Why are they continuing Season 1 though? I thought this was supposed to be Season 2 Episode 1. There's a decent chance I just didn't pay enough attention to their announcements, I guess.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109520 on: July 18, 2013, 09:57:55 pm »

Maths party, anyone?

I lost on level seven when I forgot how many minutes were in an hour somehow.

I CAN'T DO SIMPLE MATHS UNDER PRESSURE.
I only got to level 6 before failing the first time... I kind of blame tiredness.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #109521 on: July 18, 2013, 09:59:53 pm »

Welcome, dear listeners, to Night Vale
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #109522 on: July 18, 2013, 10:02:35 pm »

Welcome, dear listeners, to Night Vale
All of them? Oh this is good.

I like this.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 10:12:01 pm by Loud Whispers »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109523 on: July 18, 2013, 10:14:54 pm »

I'm really tired, but the peer examination of my teaching went well today!

I got compliments for being super-calm and confident, having great classroom presence, speaking clearly and articulately, and creating an extremely positive atmosphere in the classroom!  They said that they enjoyed being there because every time I reinforced a student, *they* felt really good.  Those theater, psychology, and rhetoric courses I strained over have paid off.

On the other hand one of the problems with today's lesson was that the previous lesson (a recurring weekly segment on origami) was a bit too much of a success, and the kids wanted to keep folding long after I'd told them many times [when once is usually enough] to put their stuff under their desks.  One of the girls suggested a model she wanted to fold for next week, too :3

My kids, by and large, seem really happy.  A lot of students who came in "low-skilled" are thriving, exhibiting great interest in learning even outside of class (checking out books from the library on math, looking up stuff on Google at home, etc.), and grinning like crazy whenever they get a question right.  I make them do stuff that is legitimately *really really hard* and then build on it, and they start lessons saying "OH NO, NOT AGAIN" and then I *can't get them to stop* when we need to switch to another activity.

Seriously, the very lowest-skilled students, even the one who started off cringing and unhappy because this was their third time repeating geometry and the third time with this particular teacher doing this preparatory summer program, are becoming cheerful and confident, able to help other students at points--confiding, even, to my co-teacher, that this is the first time in their many years with the program they've enjoyed writing in their journals and can't wait for that part of the day to arrive.

And some of them have started asking me things like what's done in a doctorate of mathematics.  Or what my (effective) minor in rhetoric is all about.

Behold.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #109524 on: July 18, 2013, 10:35:28 pm »

I've been doing nothing but lounging about staring into space all day. I know exactly how a cat feels - perfectly indolent.
It's a good sensation. Hey, you wanna go do something? Sorry, I'm so lethargic I've been half asleep for 8 hours.
* Xantalos melts into a very satisfied puddle of satisfaction
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #109525 on: July 18, 2013, 10:48:09 pm »

I got compliments for being super-calm and confident, having great classroom presence, speaking clearly and articulately, and creating an extremely positive atmosphere in the classroom!  They said that they enjoyed being there because every time I reinforced a student, *they* felt really good.  Those theater, psychology, and rhetoric courses I strained over have paid off.

On the other hand one of the problems with today's lesson was that the previous lesson (a recurring weekly segment on origami) was a bit too much of a success, and the kids wanted to keep folding long after I'd told them many times [when once is usually enough] to put their stuff under their desks.  One of the girls suggested a model she wanted to fold for next week, too :3

My kids, by and large, seem really happy.  A lot of students who came in "low-skilled" are thriving, exhibiting great interest in learning even outside of class (checking out books from the library on math, looking up stuff on Google at home, etc.), and grinning like crazy whenever they get a question right.  I make them do stuff that is legitimately *really really hard* and then build on it, and they start lessons saying "OH NO, NOT AGAIN" and then I *can't get them to stop* when we need to switch to another activity.

Seriously, the very lowest-skilled students, even the one who started off cringing and unhappy because this was their third time repeating geometry and the third time with this particular teacher doing this preparatory summer program, are becoming cheerful and confident, able to help other students at points--confiding, even, to my co-teacher, that this is the first time in their many years with the program they've enjoyed writing in their journals and can't wait for that part of the day to arrive.

And some of them have started asking me things like what's done in a doctorate of mathematics.  Or what my (effective) minor in rhetoric is all about.

Behold.
Awesome! I wish I had someone like that as a teacher.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #109526 on: July 18, 2013, 10:52:10 pm »

Behold.
Oh gods yes! I feel that fiction has been harsh on teachers, but where is the love for the ordinary heroes who do the extraordinary? Where is the appreciation for the teacher!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109527 on: July 18, 2013, 11:16:37 pm »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #109528 on: July 18, 2013, 11:17:27 pm »

Namco is nerd-blowing my mind right about now, with a near-simultaneous announcement of a new Ace Combat game and an Andrew Hussie dating sim (?!).

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109529 on: July 18, 2013, 11:18:40 pm »

Namco is nerd-blowing my mind right about now, with a near-simultaneous announcement of a new Ace Combat game and an Andrew Hussie dating sim (?!).
People seem to be equal amounts terrified, confused, and excited by the dating sim.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."
Pages: 1 ... 7300 7301 [7302] 7303 7304 ... 13325