Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7061 7062 [7063] 7064 7065 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15806470 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #105930 on: May 17, 2013, 08:38:16 am »

I think most of my old clothes ended up in Romania.

edit:

George Takei is a delightful human being.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 10:52:36 am by Dutchling »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105931 on: May 17, 2013, 12:26:55 pm »

Because honestly she has 20 shirts and blouses, she doesn't need another 5 or 6.

hohohohoho i'm not sure you understand.

I'm just going to add, for those who don't know: most women's bodies will go up and down a size or two in the course of each month.  Add to that the general expectation that we wear tight clothing, and women have to own a lot of stuff.

EDIT: Other happy: Remember Me looks brilliant.  It's pretty much my dream game from what I've seen thus far.  Looking forward to it :D
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 12:33:06 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #105932 on: May 17, 2013, 12:33:10 pm »

Because honestly she has 20 shirts and blouses, she doesn't need another 5 or 6.

hohohohoho i'm not sure you understand.

I'm just going to add, for those who don't know: most women's bodies will go up and down a size or two in the course of each month.  Add to that the general expectation that we wear tight clothing, and women have to own a lot of stuff.
Honestly, I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that women's clothing sizes are determined, as far as I can tell, by arcane rituals involving the phase of the moon. Cause it sure as hell doesn't have anything to do with physical measurements. I have yet to meet a woman with a 0" waist.

Still not sure if I understand why my ex has about 25 pairs of shoes though. Especially when I had TWO: a pair of sandals, and a pair of...shoes? (I don't know the term for the particular style).

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #105933 on: May 17, 2013, 12:34:24 pm »

The only reason I ever have more than three pairs of shoes (one nice pair, one casual pair, one pair of sandals) is because I haven't gotten rid of an older pair yet.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #105934 on: May 17, 2013, 12:35:19 pm »

I always have two pairs of shoes. The ones I wear, and the ones I yet have to throw away.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #105935 on: May 17, 2013, 12:36:40 pm »

I have four. A pair of nicer shoes, a pair of flip flops, a pair of running-only shoes, and a pair for everything else. Okay, I also have a pair of boots I've worn exactly once. During an all-night snow/ice sculpture build.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #105936 on: May 17, 2013, 12:38:20 pm »

Oh wait, I have work shoes now. And I might have to buy a pair of hiking shoes since apparently some of my friends are getting into that. Maybe this is how the 25 pairs thing starts.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #105937 on: May 17, 2013, 12:39:12 pm »

Except we don't have ten pairs of heels to match a myriad of dresses, skirts, and other nice clothes.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105939 on: May 17, 2013, 12:46:06 pm »

I own a lot of shoes, but that's partially because I'm unsure if I want to go the frippery route, or the full-out "sure, think I'm a lesbian" route.  And because my mom buys pretty much everything for me used, so she's been saving work shoes for me for years.

I have... let's see, two sets of heels (one formal black velvet, one business brown leather), one pair of strappy sandals (also pretty much heels--these are for summer, because normal heels with sundresses look very strange), and I'm still waiting on a new pair of medium-heel black boots to be my workhorse shoes.

I've also got a lot of pairs of vaguely masculine flats that I pretty much never wear, but those are being saved for when I'm a professor/grad student.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #105940 on: May 17, 2013, 12:50:07 pm »

"sure, think I'm a lesbian" route.
Google Image search tells me you own these shoes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wear those shoes Vector. You might not survive to tell the tale, but wear them anyway.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105941 on: May 17, 2013, 12:52:16 pm »

Wow, that looks like a great way to destroy the balls of my feet >_>

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #105942 on: May 17, 2013, 12:53:38 pm »

How the hell do you even walk in those without falling over? They have little wheels and everything.

It's like some fashion designer thought walking was inately unsexy and thus he designed shoes that would render it impossible.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #105943 on: May 17, 2013, 12:54:13 pm »

.....those look like little electric chairs for feet.  ???

And I'm sure are just as torturous.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105944 on: May 17, 2013, 12:54:44 pm »

Wow, that looks like a great way to destroy the balls of my feet >_>
It's okay, there are balls on the bottom to replace them.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 7061 7062 [7063] 7064 7065 ... 13325