Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF Combat log on a Mac  (Read 614 times)

thelordberg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DF Combat log on a Mac
« on: September 20, 2009, 01:34:16 am »

I play DF on a Mac, and love seeing the adventurer mode combat flavor, so I was hoping to see if anyone knew of a utility that would let me see the combat in fortress mode, that works on a Mac. Thanks in advance.
I'm unspeakably dissspointed. A dwarven fortress has discovered a sentient creature made out of mushrooms, and no one has proposed brewing him?

MoatMan

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: DF Combat log on a Mac
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 01:31:39 pm »

I play DF on a Mac, and love seeing the adventurer mode combat flavor, so I was hoping to see if anyone knew of a utility that would let me see the combat in fortress mode, that works on a Mac. Thanks in advance.
   I don't think there is a utility to see combat text in Fortress mode BUT the next release (coming this holiday season hopefully) will have combat reports as a default feature.
Spergs 4 life.

thelordberg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 02:34:32 pm »

Thats odd, I thought DF (Manager? Companion?) would let you see combat text? Can anyone tell me how to make that run on a Mac?
I'm unspeakably dissspointed. A dwarven fortress has discovered a sentient creature made out of mushrooms, and no one has proposed brewing him?

Johnny Chthonic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 05:30:48 pm »

I think the utility's (I forget which it is) ability to display fight logs in fortress mode is still pretty broken. I remember trying it and having it not work at all.

Fortunately, I think the next release will have an option to display different combat logs.

thelordberg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 07:56:50 pm »

Well, guess that means I got to wait. There is only so much you can make up from frame by frame combat, wrestlers are annoying to try and extrapolate from, which makes it all the harder to see how that kobold went down in the dogpile.....