Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24

Author Topic: BSF (not)Live Strategy game signups,reports,and discussion (Turn 12)  (Read 44015 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Did my flagship even get a hit in? All I see are the hornets and zeros doing all the damage.
Yeah, plenty. I just didn't get get snaps of them half of the time because your fighters are so hypnotizing.
 And remember, only your siegfried fires missiles.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile

I love beamers. Why don't more people use them? and did Janet give up because she knew she had lost?
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

I actually quit because I was bored with it and didn't wanna follow it anymore. Honestly games that run on pure mechanics don't interest me as much anymore so this got boring.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile

My ships and defenses are gonna need a lot of adjustment. A freaking lot.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh.  I don't know of a game that isn't mechanics, drama has to be added.  Drama is a human thing.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile

Put me on the wait list my good sir.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist

Speaking of that. You can put me back on the waiting list too.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile

Anyway let me see if I get the jist of the rules.... are you going to be changing them by the way?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thats... all I can think of for now.

As you can tell I have... a lot of questions.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist

I talk to Shad0w a lot about his rules, so I will answer the ones of these I can.

Question: Do turrets keep us at a 45 rotation limit or do we have a 360 turret platform?

Turrets have a 270 degree rotation limit.

Question: Can you research anything? For instance, could I research a stronger material for hulls that makes them stronger by 1/3 and then research a way to manufacture them cheaper so they cheaper by 1/4 of the cost? Could I research a shield and then research a way to make it regenerate?

All but the last one is possible. Shields yes, regenerating ones no. No one has figured out how to do that in the BSF engine yet.

Question: When you mention station PD and asteroid fields and density, are you talking about the stations density (how many "levels" of shapes you have) or asteroid field density?

Asteroid field density.

Question: Can we research any type of weapon (well, weapons that the game mechanics will permit), or can we only elaborate on the five you chose?

Any weapon you can conceive.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

We start off knowing about 3 of the following:
Blaster
PlasmaPulse
Dumb-fire Rocket
Machine Gun
Auto Cannon

As well as one of the following:
Flak
Particle Gun
Point Beam
Point Rockets That one is bugged, so not any more.
I show the differences in the quote.
Question: Do turrets keep us at a 45 rotation limit or do we have a 360 turret platform?
Turrets on ships get 270 coverage.(or 135 in the edit field)
Turrets on stations have a full 360 degree coverage.
Question: Can space stations be yarded or scrapped for cash?
Research it I guess...
Question: Can you research anything? For instance, could I research a stronger material for hulls that makes them stronger by 1/3 and then research a way to manufacture them cheaper so they cheaper by 1/4 of the cost? Could I research a shield and then research a way to make it regenerate?
Yes. All of it. Though I may make changes for the sake of balance.
Question: When you mention station PD and asteroid fields and density, are you talking about the stations density (how many "levels" of shapes you have) or asteroid field density?
Asteroid fields.
Question: Can we research any type of weapon (well, weapons that the game mechanics will permit), or can we only elaborate on the five you chose?
You can suggest anything, I'll determine if it is possible, then ask what kind of modifiers, details and such. I have a pretty precise method of balancing weapons.
Question: Can we ally with someone? If we can, do they still get a 1/2ed mining penalty if they are mining in an allied area?
Hmm... I never considered mechanic changes. Although technology trade has happened once.(Not in the game you see here)
 It may be a possibility, but good luck seeing it happen.
Question: Do flag ships take the same amount of time to build as their non flagship counterpart, or do they have a time deduction as well?
The time to produce them is also reduced.
Question: Can we yard/scrap flag ships and modify/create a new one?
I guess?
Question: How do you determine how much fighter bays cost?
Fighter bays cost exactly as much as the fighter design. Fighter designs cost the exact same as if they were a normal ship, but statistics are lowered.(or hightened in the case of speed, turning, and accel)
Question: What does +.5 mean for mining bays? 50% more profit? $.5 more profit? .5% more profit?
I don't exactly know why I have it in like that... I really should update those rules again.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

All but the last one is possible. Shields yes, regenerating ones no. No one has figured out how to do that in the BSF engine yet.
Well call me a innovator... Just slap a microscopic nanomatrix with a range of only a few pixels smack dab on the center of the shield.(where the arrow points)
 There, regenerating shield.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

Won't come up If it goes down, however.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile

Well.... it's better than nothing. If your shield is down anyway, your probably fucked. They somehow took out your shield while you were barraging them with constant fire? If you are weak enough to where you can't kill them your current shield less state.... you were done for even if it could regenerate.

EDIT: Grammer fail.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 10:52:59 am by Mono124 »

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

Many of the ships so far don't have shields, actually.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Agree. Shields aren't that great anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24