Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Return to Chlilithaymis [Kobold Camp Succession Game]  (Read 5807 times)

Fist_Of_Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Shorer, Kobold Pimp cancels Work: Too Pimpin'
    • View Profile
Return to Chlilithaymis [Kobold Camp Succession Game]
« on: September 19, 2009, 03:15:47 am »

My name is Shorer.

If you're reading this, I'm probably long dead, and the warren I tried to build is dead at the hands of goblins-or Elves.

As of this writing, the mighty champion-lovers Brithimbis and her consort whose name perpetually escapes me still live. Our first mechanic-likely, our first RACE'S mechanic-has just finished creating our first Well, which fills me with a joy I cannot express, as if some hole I could never fill, is filled. Our Miners have learned how to dig rock, and hewn a great catacombs from the soft rock beneath our swampy home.

All is good here at Chlilithaymis.

But it is, I suspect, not to last. One goblin assault, and one elf invasion, cannot be all that is to happen. My very soul suspects-and much as I would like to relax, to join my fellows in carousal and play, I dare not. After all, I was kidnapped and raised by goblins-I know their cruelties and evils firsthand, for all that their rummaging about in my skull has given me the intellect to create our finest warren.

But I digress. YOU have found my warren, and the way to read what I have written. YOU have possibilities, as a Kobold. YOU will revive Chlilithaymis, and YOU will honor my memory.

Godspeed, young kobold. May you succeed where I have failed.

My favorite Kobold Warren has succumbed to invasion, and I thought-why not get the Fortress Dwellers and Kobold Campers to play through it a while?

Save available here: http://www.2shared.com/file/8186298/1add51ed/Kobold_Camp.html

In order, our players:

Ieb
TauQuebb
rosedrake
realmfighter
Myself

We'll continue in this pattern, adding people as needed.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 01:02:27 am by Fist_Of_Armok »

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
Re: Return to Chlilithaymis [Kobold Camp Succession Game]
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 04:30:31 pm »

So it's pretty much a reclaim trip in the name of all that is good, sacred and skulking?

Because it's kobolds, this might be interesting.

So I figure you'd take the first year since you're da boss of the place or what?

Fist_Of_Armok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 04:33:12 pm »

Nah. You can do it.

Just tell me how to .RAR it up, I'll put it on MegaUpload, and we'll get started.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 03:30:18 am »

Well to put it in simple terms, since this is a modded game it's best to compress the entire game folder so the players don't have to get the mod files themselves and so on.

Anyway.

Install the compressing program, right-click on the folder where the game is at, and depending on the program somewhere on the right-click pop-up menu there is either an option to put the folder in a rar, zip or whatever your program compresses into, or there's a follow-in link saying stuff like *program name* which upon hovering upon shows another small menu that has the compressing options.

But that's about it in text-form. Or was that too much techno-garble?

TauQuebb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 06:47:39 am »

Mind if I join in if this gets going?

rosedrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 06:55:31 am »

can i join too? anything involving kobolds would interest me, to some degree.

put the location in dfma!

Fist_Of_Armok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 03:51:23 pm »

I'd need to make another account for DFMA, and I'm terminally lazy.

If anyone here has experience with tilesets, I'd like them to fix the modded one I've got sitting in the folder and make it the default. It's got a modded kobold noble (my current avatar) and a decidedly steampunky Mechanic available for viewing upon request.

So, here's the MegaUpload. Choose whichever world it is that gives the option to Reclaim-I'm fairly certain it's 3-and it's Chlilithaymis.

EDIT: Well fuck, MegaUpload is being retarded, so I'll try 2Shared. Someone else will have to extract it to the DFMA; I'm too lazy to and the Export Local Image whatever has always confused me.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 04:11:28 pm by Fist_Of_Armok »

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 04:28:34 pm »

I guess I can throw a map to DFMA. Although last time I only managed to get one level uploaded even when I picked them all. Or then I messed up somewhere.

Actual playing on my part will have to wait until tomorrow though. Got stuff to do but I should have the first year done by then.

EDIT: Oh boy there's a lot of goblins there. An elite bowman too. Or was it crossbowman? This is going to be one fun reclaim.

EDIT2: Oh god what happened I made a map of the place but it's missing pieces here and there I'm not good with computers.
http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-7101-chlilithaymis
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 05:26:04 pm by Ieb »

Fist_Of_Armok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 12:05:47 am »

I guess I can throw a map to DFMA. Although last time I only managed to get one level uploaded even when I picked them all. Or then I messed up somewhere.

Actual playing on my part will have to wait until tomorrow though. Got stuff to do but I should have the first year done by then.

EDIT: Oh boy there's a lot of goblins there. An elite bowman too. Or was it crossbowman? This is going to be one fun reclaim.

EDIT2: Oh god what happened I made a map of the place but it's missing pieces here and there I'm not good with computers.
http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-7101-chlilithaymis

Ah yes. Yeah, there was an Elf Elite Crossbowman in the Goblin assault. They raped their way through what was left of the military and all of the civilians.

It was halfway to a tantrum spiral anyway.

Anyway. If you can train another Mechanic, then that'd be good. I want my Kobolds to have proper animals after a while. Imagine having a pack of trained wolves!

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 12:09:50 am »

i'll play.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Fist_Of_Armok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2009, 01:01:08 am »

i'll play.

Good enough. I'll modify the OP.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2009, 01:30:07 am »

Well that was a good sleep.

Anyway. A mechanic eh? Sure.
Although with kobolds, that only would happen if one appears as a migrant, right? I'm pretty sure my first year will be me trying to put the place back in some sort of order.

That and burying all the dead. Oh god there's corpses everywhere.

For both story, and gameplay reasons, I was thinking of using Dwarf Companion so we can get all these Friendly invaders hostile again. And these two reasons. One, it'd be much more fun. Two, at least the next player in line wouldn't have to deal with iron-wielding enemies right in the fort. Warren. Camp. You know what I mean.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 01:38:45 am by Ieb »

Fist_Of_Armok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2009, 01:59:14 am »

<snip>

So long as they're goblins, fine. I wouldn't mind having some friendly Elves, but I think the only elf on the map is a Goblin recruit.

It'd be interesting to end up with gobbo traders, though.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2009, 03:52:52 am »

I think that'd recall the ethics and habits of kobolds and goblins to match. And I think the babysnatcher tag that gobbos have, would effectively keep them from trading with us anyway.

Oh right, before I go and do more work, where exactly is the trade depot? I've been looking all over it, but can't find it, and it's not currently reachable.

Behind some bridge or what?

Fist_Of_Armok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2009, 02:03:15 pm »

I think that'd recall the ethics and habits of kobolds and goblins to match. And I think the babysnatcher tag that gobbos have, would effectively keep them from trading with us anyway.

Oh right, before I go and do more work, where exactly is the trade depot? I've been looking all over it, but can't find it, and it's not currently reachable.

Behind some bridge or what?

It's behind several locked doors to the south of the main hall under the giant Kobold statue (unfinished, sadly.) There's a 1x3 entrance near a second hill.

I can add a Point of Interest if you need it.
Pages: [1] 2 3