Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Caravaneer  (Read 15463 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Caravaneer
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 05:10:21 pm »

Also, here is a sum up of one of my encounters with police.
Jorge Arbusto: LAW ENFORCEMENT!
That bald guy: Oh SHIT!
Some arab: JIHAD! *Fires RPG*
Police: Oh SHI-
8 Police With AKs: *Dakka Dakka Dakka*
Caravan: *Dead*

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 05:51:18 pm »

My first pathetically underequipped journey to Verdammter Platz:

Aw SH**.  Nine-man robber party.

Huh, they've got horses and wagons.  And guns.  Sh**.

Wait a minute, why are they all swimsuit models?
*DEAD*

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 05:53:27 pm »

oh, the swimsuit robbers.

i like finding robbers with carts and animals... allow for quick expansion of cargo space. 9 of these are nothing compared to police or bandit base.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2009, 05:55:28 pm »

Also, the ninjas.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 07:00:38 pm »

I like to hire Jorge Arbusto and send him running into the thick of it with revolver blazing.

Too bad he can't run very far. But you'd think he has a dodge bonus against the "Thrown Shoe" type weapon.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2009, 07:01:30 pm »

Idea: Mod DF into Politican Fortress, ranged weapons include thrown shoe and boot.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2009, 07:06:36 pm »

I'm enjoying this so far. Nifty find!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2009, 10:00:28 pm »

Get physical fitness stats over accuracy. While you can train your accuracy infinitely, your HP and max carrying capacity (rockets everywhere!) are gimped hard by your starting physical stat.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2009, 10:22:06 pm »

Also, be sure to have a good supply of ammo before switching guns. Running out of rifle ammo in the middle of a fight isn't fun.

Edit: I discovered the fun of Semiauto shotguns. You think the magnums are nasty, just wait till you pump 6 shotgun shells and then reload for 16 AP.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 12:26:03 am by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2009, 01:33:40 am »

The game is really nice, just got angry because I screwed the ending.

TIP if you don't want to have the same 'fate' as me:
Someone will tell you "do not mention my name to him......"
Yeah, DON'T DO THAT.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2009, 03:40:12 am »

Desert patrol to government, or backward? can't remember... or maybe something else. i never got killed for telling the wrong thing... i try to be careful.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2009, 05:42:59 pm »

Alright, some tips.

Per KG, your best items for sales are almost always looted weapons. You might have a hard time selling them, but an early sale of katanas is almost always worth far more then what you can carry.

Hire a second hand. You can easily arm him early with a rifle and a cheap handgun, and he will be invaluable. I skipped doing this early, and now I have 2 weak hands, who thankfully can point a shotgun downrange at least.

Semi auto is the way to go. Full automatic machine guns may sound nice, but they tear through ammo. Semi auto uses 2-3 AP a shot, and the semi auto shotgun can fire its full clip and reload in 16AP.

Don't head into the NW early. Even if you can fight, the police fees are a pain, and they move incredibly fast. You can get tagged by a dozen different police units in a few seconds.

Alright, I'm tapped.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2009, 05:44:58 pm »

I usually choose Martynas Burrankas or that Indian dude, they're both good, the third guy is bad.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2009, 05:47:10 pm »

Anyone know a good place to actually sell Katanas? I've got a ton of them and none of the starting cities will buy them from me. I can sell a few at the Capital, but I get way more going there and back then I can sell.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2009, 05:50:45 pm »

Verdammter Platz, that place near it, and near the robber base.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4