Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26

Author Topic: Wizard Duel: Duel 5 - Game over! All Hail JanusTwoFace  (Read 36906 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel: Duel 4 - Vote phase
« Reply #330 on: October 03, 2009, 01:30:37 pm »

Janus, where are you?  A comment on Neruz's voting for you?  On squirrel's claim to be the gray mage?  On anything?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 03, 2009, 08:01:00 pm »

Apparantly he died at his keyboard and nobody's noticed yet.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 03, 2009, 10:52:22 pm »

I volunteer to take over JanusTwoFace's role if JanusTwoFace is inactive and Meph allows it. I paid some attention to the game as an observer.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #333 on: October 04, 2009, 07:31:38 pm »

First, I am not dead. RL issues have been eating up most of my time. That you for the offer SC, but I should be fine to finish the game now.

Second, I think we now have an obvious scum team, unless Neruz is just totally insane. Because if I'm a Gray Mage and Jetsquirrel is a Gray Mage, then there should have been more incapacitations along the way...

Honestly, I'm not sure why he'd claim the Gray Mage.  Was he just hoping that the real one wouldn't come along to contradict his claim?  Most interesting.

Anyways, as far as I can tell, the scum team is Jetsquirrel and Neruz. Unless one of them has a radically more powerful combat role, I think we should both support one or the other.  Then I can target the one we supported in the hope of taking both out in one dual.  (I asked Meph; it will work)

Tomorrow, we can let the dice fall as they may to determine which of the us will be the new High Mage.

You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 04, 2009, 09:01:20 pm »

Sigh, the problem is, Janus, I don't know if Jetsquirrel's just a lot more talented than he looks, or if you're scum.  Well, let's see if I do this correctly.  Vote Janus

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #335 on: October 04, 2009, 09:05:32 pm »

Sigh, the problem is, Janus, I don't know if Jetsquirrel's just a lot more talented than he looks, or if you're scum.  Well, let's see if I do this correctly.  Vote Janus
What do you mean about being a lot more talented than he looks?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 04, 2009, 09:12:09 pm »

The fact is, I asked him to claim because I wanted to see if he would claim grey mage.  I was hoping he wouldn't, in which case I would have the scum team as Neruz-Jet without a shadow of a doubt.  The problem is, he did.  So he's either scum who pulled off a gamble counting on me to not be the gray mage, as well as risking the vote of the other grey mage, or he really is the gray mage and is giving an honest answer.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 04, 2009, 09:14:01 pm »

Oh the tangled webs we weave.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 05, 2009, 11:33:24 am »

The Glowing Tally Board
JanusTwoface: Frelock, Neruz
Jetsquirrel: JanusTwoface, Neruz
Neruz: Frelock, JanusTwoface

You have half an hour to vote or change your votes before the set-up phase begins.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 05, 2009, 11:40:38 am »

i vote for Neruz and janus

the second neruz said this
Yeah, i've never heard that one before either.

In fact after those two declarations i'm even more convinced you two are Cabal, Janus is probably the Gray Mage, which would make sense considering he hasn't done squat.

this is basicly a sign for janus to claim his title as grey mage hoping that he would go away unsuspected
and also the reason why janus didnt say anything for a long time because he had to think up reasons why to kill those people. And second i gave the fake names which i didn't assasinate , i assasinated 3 other people. i just wanted to see if janus would claim the title as grey mage
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 11:48:41 am by Jetsquirrel »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 05, 2009, 11:47:17 am »

Votes are supposed to be in Red, not black, but since they're next to each other on the dropdown I'll assume that was an accident and count them anyway.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 05, 2009, 12:08:23 pm »

The Glowing Tally Board
JanusTwoface: Frelock, Jetsquirrel, Neruz
Jetsquirrel: JanusTwoface, Neruz
Neruz: Frelock, JanusTwoface, Jetsquirrel

Well, we are nearing the final duel! Next to Duel I present to you JanusTwoFace and Neruz!

Set-up phase has started and will go until ~10am Pacific Wednesday or whenever all the actions/assists are in. Not many players left now, so this could move pretty quickly.
Come play Mafia with us!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #342 on: October 05, 2009, 01:03:10 pm »

i vote for Neruz and janus

the second neruz said this
Yeah, i've never heard that one before either.

In fact after those two declarations i'm even more convinced you two are Cabal, Janus is probably the Gray Mage, which would make sense considering he hasn't done squat.

this is basicly a sign for janus to claim his title as grey mage hoping that he would go away unsuspected
and also the reason why janus didnt say anything for a long time because he had to think up reasons why to kill those people. And second i gave the fake names which i didn't assasinate , i assasinated 3 other people. i just wanted to see if janus would claim the title as grey mage

Wait... What?  You assassinated three other people?  So you didn't target SniHjen (who was targeted twice) or webadict (who was cabal, why would they kill their own?).  The only one I could see was the first day with Leafsnail and Jim Groovestar, but I'm guessing since I targetted Jim, you must have been the one who targetted Leafsnail (as cabal).

Now you reveal yourself to be lying scum!  In hindsight, I really wish I hadn't been in class when you posted that... Ug.

Anyways, to Frelock.  We're pretty much screwed now, unless luck greatly favors me in this dual.  Neruz has a stat advantage over me and Jetsquirrel will use the cabal's kill on you.  So the only hope for a tower High Mage is for me to win the dual right now. Another ug.

Anyways, I'm stuck not able to do anything (other than choosing my element), so it's up to you (and Jetsquirrel, although heck if I know why he would) to assist me now.

(GARRGBLARGE!!!)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 05, 2009, 01:06:41 pm »

Darn it!  I should have never assumed someone as scummy as Jet, who always came in at the last minute to cast his vote, would be town.  You're right, Janus, I screwed up.  Sorry, I'll take the fall for this one.

Assist Janus's Attack with Fire

Jet, if you're town, that means they're both scum, and you shouldn't care who wins, so assist Janus, please.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 05, 2009, 01:09:19 pm »

and thats exactly what im going to do

assist janus Defense and the element earth

in that last claim i actually made a mistake without thinking about the 3 other people
i just screamed something out without thinking
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26