Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26

Author Topic: Wizard Duel: Duel 5 - Game over! All Hail JanusTwoFace  (Read 36903 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel: Duel 4 - Vote phase
« Reply #345 on: October 05, 2009, 01:11:27 pm »

Well then, on to the dual.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 05, 2009, 01:12:08 pm »

i actually feel retarded after rereading that what i typed

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 05, 2009, 01:13:18 pm »

I just need the Elemental choices for the Duelists and we can begin.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 05, 2009, 01:14:06 pm »

Oh, and Jet, if you are the Gray Mage, remember that you can kill someone in the ring, so you'll have a 50/50 chance of hitting the last scum. 

Alternatively, if you're scum, remember that your partner Neruz is as powerful as you are, and I'm just a normal Wizard, so you might want to night-kill him to increase your chances of becoming the high mage.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #349 on: October 05, 2009, 01:25:07 pm »

Frelock, if it turns out that you are actually the other scum, I may have to either hurt you or give you a medal.  Granted, now that we have two Gray Mage claims, this is significantly unlikely, but still...

(Or, for that matter, if we actually had two Gray Mages all along and just happened to keep choosing the same targets... that would be even crazier.)
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel: Duel 4 - Set-up phase
« Reply #350 on: October 05, 2009, 06:22:27 pm »

Frelock inscribes Navy Blue runes of Fire in the air above JanusTwoFace to give him an Attack Boost
Jetsquirrel inscribes Green runes of Earth in the air above JanusTwoFace to give him a Defense Boost

Just because.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 05, 2009, 06:46:50 pm »

Bahahahahaha. Jetsquirrel your ability to just cock everything up without thinking is superior even to mine. I doff my hat to you sir.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 05, 2009, 07:12:40 pm »

JanusTwoFace strides confidently out onto the arena floor. His dark blue robes flickering with inlaid runes. As he stops he raises his staff high above him, and the air around him explodes in a flurry of flashing runes. The torrent of air swirls about him as he readies for the duel.

On the other side of the arena comes Neruz, patched up after his last duel. He spins his wand around himself, and great sheets of ice rise up from the floor. You can see the cobalt blue runes shimmering along the edges of the ice.

As the multi-colored blast from the Marshal splays out over the arena Neruz leaps into action. The walls of ice shatter into hundreds of tiny blades, and the storm of ice hurtles towards Janus. The dark blue runes of Janus flare to life around him, however, and you hear the tinkling of shattering ice as Neruz' attack fragments harmlessly against his shields.

JanusTwoFace pauses for a moment, and then performs a complicated spinning dance with his staff. As it finishes, a giant twisting column of air lifts Neruz up and flings him high into the rafters. He tries desperately to slow his fall, but the dark blue column of air hurtles him swiftly to the ground. There is a flash of Cobalt light as the mage slams into the ground, and as the dust clears you can see Neruz' broken body lying on the flagstones. The Healers quickly rush out carefully levitate him off to the Healing Ward.

The crowd is shocked into silence as JanusTwoFace casually turns on his heel and strides out of the Arena.

As everyone looks around, the crowd notices that Frelock is being carried away by the healers. Rumors fly about the arena, but one thing is clear. JetSquirrel must now face JanusTwoFace in the arena, and very soon we shall have a new High Mage.

Looking up at the glowing Announcement Board, you see the following Statements:
    Neruz, Dark Nullifer of Earth has lost a duel, and is removed from the Tournament!
    Frelock, Wizard of Water has been bitten by a poisonous spider and is removed from the Tournament!

Ok, JetSquirrel and JanusTwoFace are our last two duelists. Send in your elements and let's see who claims the title of High Mage!
Come play Mafia with us!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 05, 2009, 07:17:04 pm »

Jetsquirrel, i'm sorry i said bad things about you, you just redeemed yourself wonderfully.

Now go patch me up so i can take over the infirmary, away!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel: Duel 5 - Set-up phase for the final duel!
« Reply #354 on: October 05, 2009, 07:23:24 pm »

Once JetSquirrel and JanusTwoFace send me their Element picks I'll run the final duel and wrap up the game.

In the meantime, I'd like to hear from everyone on the game. What did you like, not like, that sort of thing. Most importantly, should I run another of these?
Come play Mafia with us!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #355 on: October 05, 2009, 08:16:59 pm »

Right, so if the simulations I'm running are correct, there is no actual way that I will not win this.  Because (as you may have guessed), I kind of lied.  I'm not actually a Gray Mage.

I am, in fact, an Archmage.  With such an advantage in each stat, I really cannot be beaten by anything other than another Archmage. Since I know that you are a Gray Mage, you really don't have much of a chance.

But we'll see how it goes.  The flavor should be good.

(I'm sending my PM to Meph just after this)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 05, 2009, 08:18:46 pm »

I think if he gets your counter-alignment and you get his alignment, he'll be doing double and you'll be doing half, so that might let Jet beat yout 17 stats.

It's a pretty big might though.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 05, 2009, 08:31:20 pm »

All I have to say is:

BAH HUMBUG!!!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #358 on: October 05, 2009, 08:34:56 pm »

I think if he gets your counter-alignment and you get his alignment, he'll be doing double and you'll be doing half, so that might let Jet beat yout 17 stats.

It's a pretty big might though.
You are unconscious.  You should go back to the hospital ward.  And no, unless I'm doing something horribly wrong, it won't actually matter.

Also, I was doing my best to not actually lie.  For example:
Quote from: me
Because if I'm a Gray Mage and Jetsquirrel is a Gray Mage, then there should have been more incapacitations along the way...
I never actually said that I was a Gray Mage.

... but I'm guessing since I targetted Jim ...
Yeah, I actually did lie here.  I actually didn't target Jim.  Oops.

... now that we have two Gray Mage claims ...
This one is a little fuzzy.  We only sort of had two claims at this point.

Also, I have yet to claim to be Cabal.  If you are reading the numbers correctly, then I have to be, because a Gray Mage cannot be.  But even if something insane happened, I still am an Archmage.  An Archmage will still beat a Cabal Mage 99% of the time (if both are neutral elements) and roughly 85% of the time (if I choose poorly and he choose correctly).  So I'm really not worried.

(Unless of course my script is wrong.  In which case I am worried)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 05, 2009, 09:53:37 pm »

Oh please Janus, there's only 2 people left in the game and Frelock knows he's not Cabal. We're all waiting on Meph's result now, the game is over, we're just loading the high score screen.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26