Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 59

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet RTD [Game Over]  (Read 79569 times)

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet RTD [Turn 45ish]
« Reply #585 on: December 24, 2009, 10:48:31 pm »

Aggress shadows.

Nevermind, It might be a better bet to identify the shadows.  Like pokemanz.  FOR GREAT JUSTICE.  (foresight and odor sleuth and I think one other pokemon move give you the text: "your pokemans" identified "enemy pokemanz".  It lets you hit ghosts with normal and fighting attacks, if you didn't know)  It's an RTD.  You have to let me do this shit.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 11:22:41 pm by zchris13 »
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: December 24, 2009, 11:06:01 pm »

Oh, jeeze.

GREASE IT ALL.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: December 25, 2009, 12:51:00 am »

Aggress shadows.

Nevermind, It might be a better bet to identify the shadows.  Like pokemanz.  FOR GREAT JUSTICE.  (foresight and odor sleuth and I think one other pokemon move give you the text: "your pokemans" identified "enemy pokemanz".  It lets you hit ghosts with normal and fighting attacks, if you didn't know)  It's an RTD.  You have to let me do this shit.
....I'd never been able to figure out what those attacks did, always trashed em.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: December 25, 2009, 02:32:50 am »

They also make the effect from attacks like minimize disappear.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: December 26, 2009, 08:59:28 am »

What's the point of the grease? I'm not sure trying to draw runes of combustion in it would work well for me.

Acrobatically knock incense over. OR, if the grease has already delt with the incense, I'll stab the man with my rapier.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: December 26, 2009, 09:19:07 am »

Eh, I figure dropping a cloud of flammable liquid on several fires should probably result in a room-wide combustion, frying everyone inside; right?

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: December 26, 2009, 07:53:21 pm »

Attempt to crush the soldier between to chunks of rock.
1: You try to lift two slabs of rock, but end up collapsing your magnetic field onto yourself! Luck 4: The rocks fly in your direction, but you manage to slow them enough that you don't suffer any major damage.

Right Arm: Bruised
Chest: Bruised

Quote from: Earthen Soldier
Attack
3+1=4: Seizing your chance, you charge Di' Ako and strike at him! RTD 3: He flips out of the way, and you barely graze him.

Di' Ako: Right Arm: Lightly Wounded

Aggress shadows.

3: You attempts to identify the shadow's weak point, but only manage to conclude that they are resistant, but not immune, to normal physical attacks.

Oh, jeeze.

GREASE IT ALL.
5+2=6: You summon a massive glob of grease in the center of the room, which explodes, coating everyone and everything in a thick, black coating. The incense is completely smothered by this, and goes out.

You notice that your blue hand seems to merge with the rest of your body, and small scales grow on it.
+4 to Summoning

Acrobatically knock incense over. OR, if the grease has already delt with the incense, I'll stab the man with my rapier.
Luck 3: You slip on the grease and barely remaining standing.

2: You can't get a footing to move through the room.
Quote from: Old Man
Dispel Grease
Luck 2: You slip and fall down on the ground.

5: You dispel the grease to another dimension.
Quote from: Shadows
Kill
2: Most of the shadows were knocked to their feet by the grease explosion, and are still getting ready to attack next turn.

----------------------------------
Di' Ako
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nirur Torir
Z. Chris
Lawrence Godred
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: December 26, 2009, 08:25:19 pm »

Summon as much grease as possible; use all my energy if need be.

Drown everything in thick, viscous fluid.

...he'll probably dispel my arm next turn, so I might as well make the most of it.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: December 26, 2009, 08:30:52 pm »

Continue my assault on my hapless foe!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: December 26, 2009, 08:44:10 pm »

Dwarf smash!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: December 27, 2009, 12:44:14 pm »

end this now,
crush the soldiers head in on himself, by causing a huge magnetic force within the soldiers head, pulling his helmet inwards, and any debris to hurtle at his head.
Nom nom nom

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: December 27, 2009, 07:06:36 pm »

Summon as much grease as possible; use all my energy if need be.

Drown everything in thick, viscous fluid.

4+2=6: You re-summon the grease, flooding the entire room with it. The room termpratily turns into a sea of oil, as waves crash against the wall, drowning everything. A good foot or two now resides on the floor, obviously making it hard for those below to do anything. 

You notice the blue scales on your arm continue to spread across your flesh. They now cover all of your arm, and part of your chest.

+4 to Summoning

Continue my assault on my hapless foe!
Luck 5: Despite the grease that is flooding everywhere, you manage to keep your footing and jump down to strike at the old man. RTA 3: Several of the shadows try to get in your way and defend the man, but they can barely move due to the grease. RTD 3: The old man can't  move either, and you impale him in the chest. You pierce through one of his lungs.

+6 to Fencing

Old Man
Chest: Bleeding
Chest: Lightly Wounded
Lung: Pierced

Dwarf smash!
Luck 3: You slip on the grease and fall.

3+1=4: You slide off the ledge and fall to the floor below, but land on one of the shadows. Your force completely cripples the shadow, and you hear a snap. Huh. You didn't know shadows could break.

+3 to Breaking Stuff!

Quote from: Old Man
Summon Creature
3+2=5: "My Lord, I offer my service to lend me your strength. I give my heart in exchange for your power. Take not my soul, but souls of my foes who stand before me"

As the old man chants an incantation, magic runes form in the air around him. The surrounding area takes on a reddish glow, and you smell the stench of sulfur in the air.
Quote from: Shadows
Kill
Luck 6: The shadows convert into a floating apparition that remains unaffected by the grease.

3: Though your new form is less effective at combat, you still try to fight the intruders. A pair strikes at Nirur. RTD 2: Impeded by the oil, he can't move out of the way. The shadows rip into him. Another pair strikes at Z. Chris. RTD 4: He sings his axe at the oil, creating a wave that knocks the shadows back. The final pair attacks Lawrence. RTD 4: Unburdened by the oil, he easily gets out of the way.

Nirur
Right Arm: Lightly Wounded
Left Arm: Lightly Wounded

end this now,
crush the soldiers head in on himself, by causing a huge magnetic force within the soldiers head, pulling his helmet inwards, and any debris to hurtle at his head.
1: You try to transfer the magnetic field to the solder, but mess up the spell. Luck 6: You manage to shut the field down before risking any further damage to yourself.

Quote from: Earth Soldier
Strike him down.
5: You charge Kilakan while he is distracted, aiming to completely immobilize him. RTD 2: He is too busy fixing his mistake, and you deliver a strike that shuts down his magic completely.

"You have fought well. Though you could not beat me, you have proven you have what it takes to carry the power of the Earth."

Luck 4: "The world is in danger. Mother Gaia needs a protector. While your power is lacking, you have proven your potential... and most importantly of all, have remained pure in your quest. If you seek to save her, it is in my power as Warcardinal to appoint you the new Avatar of Earth, if you wish.

Should you seek this position, I ask that you take an oath to serve  Gaia.

Will you protect Her from those who would do Her harm?
Shall you fight those who seek to corrupt Her power for their own gain?
Finally, will you stand in the face of death, to serve and execute your duties as the Avatar of Earth? To purge Blight from Her lands, and preserve Her purpose?"

----------------------------------
Di' Ako
Nirur Torir
Z. Chris
Lawrence Godred
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet RTD [Turn 50ish]
« Reply #597 on: December 27, 2009, 08:28:25 pm »

Bah, it feels like I just fixed that arm.

Continue skewering the weak and squishy man.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: December 27, 2009, 09:15:12 pm »

I shall accept the offer, most humbly, and accept any power, weapons, armor or items he could give me to help fufill my quest.
Nom nom nom

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: December 27, 2009, 09:55:54 pm »

Attempt to crush the attacking shadows by summoning a large boulder on top of them.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 10:29:32 pm by Apostolic Nihilist »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 59