Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 59

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet RTD [Game Over]  (Read 79718 times)

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet RTD [Turn 30ish]
« Reply #375 on: November 19, 2009, 09:30:06 pm »

Just uppercut the damn zombie already. Stop this axe tomfoolery.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 20, 2009, 08:52:32 pm »

Try to locate the city from my current position.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 20, 2009, 10:30:52 pm »

If a {6} with cure minor wounds returns it to being a threat, causing it to kill me, I'm going to give you a very, very angry glare. I can only assume that the spell is used for cleaning up small scratches and bruises.
Simple actions can not overshoot. I stated that in the OP.

Waiting on Kilakan.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 21, 2009, 09:50:02 am »

Fuck this shit, bring the ceiling down on the goddamn zombie (with earth magic) while protecting me.
Nom nom nom

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 21, 2009, 02:07:51 pm »

Woo-hoo! Free escape. Since the thing's movement speed should be nearly null with only one leg:

Walk to the other side of the room, then cast cure minor wounds on the zombie. I must study the effects of healing magic on zombies: Final Fantasy style damage that they're weak against, or a normal heal? Furthermore, I must figure out how much agility zombies have. Will it just topple over and groan at me? Will it try to crawl towards me with its jaw? Will it retain enough agility to hop back over to me? If a {6} with cure minor wounds returns it to being a threat, causing it to kill me, I'm going to give you a very, very angry glare. I can only assume that the spell is used for cleaning up small scratches and bruises.
6+1=6: After slipping from the zombie, you somersault away followed by a handstand and a jump onto a nearby table. Go you! You follow up by casting Cure Minor Wounds on the zombie. The zombie screams in pain as it turns to dust. Then again, there wasn't much left of it before it turned to dust, so this isn't a great feat.

+2 to Acrobatics
+2 to Healing

Just uppercut the damn zombie already. Stop this axe tomfoolery.
6+1=6: With a martial frenzy even the greatest warriors would be inspired by, you jump to your still-bleeding feet and charge at the remaining zombie. RTD 2: You deliver a fierce punch, and with a disgusting *pop* it's head flies off.

+3 to Brawling

Try to locate the city from my current position.
6: You look around. Hay, a city to the east! Wohoo!

Wasn't that exciting?
Fuck this shit, bring the ceiling down on the goddamn zombie (with earth magic) while protecting me.
5+1=6: You summon a great store of energy and send a shifting rumble through the earth. What is left of the house quivers, and collapses! The quake also spreads to the nearby houses, an several cave in. Most of the hamlet has been destroyed... good thing the bandits scared most of the people off.

+3 to Elementalism
New Spell: Earthquake

Quote from: Z. Chris's Subconsciousness
Don't get buried alive!
2: You get buried alive. Your leg is still bleeding, btw. Now you're heavily bruised.

----------------------------------
Di' Ako
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nirur Torir
Z. Chris
Lawrence Godred

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet RTD [Turn 35ish]
« Reply #380 on: November 21, 2009, 02:21:44 pm »

Hurray! The vengeful zombie of the friend I killed with healing magic is gone!

I'm going to see if cure minor wounds will help my hand any.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 21, 2009, 02:42:16 pm »

I stated it before, but I would like to re-iterate: Magic can be combined with other skills(including other magic). So far everyone has used them individually. Several characters now have interesting opportunities available.

Nirur is now in an interesting position. Your accidental discovery of necromancy(I was going to let Kilakan discover it, but he just crushed the altar and other necromatic stuff I gave him) could be applied with either your runes or your healing magic to produce interesting results.

Lawrence could very well summon entire cities once he gets enough power and keeps to his studies of summoning and architecture. In fact, he could decide to build his palace in another dimension if he wanted to.

Di' Ako, well... he's just becoming an earthen powerhouse. While he doesn't have nay other magic to combine his earth spells with, he could use it alongside his sword to become a powerful battlemage... *coughearthenarmorandweaponscough*

Still not sure what Z. Chris plans on doing. He can either decide to find a god to follow, give into arcane studies anyway, or just continue breaking stuff. I wonder what a Legendary Stuff Breaker! would be able to do...

Whatever you guys decide to do, I hope some more interesting results start coming about.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 21, 2009, 02:44:44 pm »

Be like Neo from the Matrix.  Only with earth instead of Agent Smiths.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 21, 2009, 06:04:04 pm »

Well, I guess I should head East. Make a mental note of where the balcony is, however.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 21, 2009, 06:39:18 pm »

I tried mixing healing magic with rune magic. That didn't work very well before I knew of healing magic's existence. Next up: Runes of Regeneration!

Lying in a puddle of your own blood, watching your nemesis gloat before delivering a coup de grace? Cut your own hand off in training? Impale yourself on the giant spike you were trying to impale a vampire on? Have no fear! Just rub the rune on your armor, and you'll be as good as new! Coming soon to a retailer near you. Inquire about our PC rates.

Also: Watch for our other planned product, Helm of Incineration.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 21, 2009, 11:14:05 pm »

Use dirt/magic to form a sort of semi-magical bandage for my wounds, then leave rubble.
Chris is a dwarf he can manage.
*Even if I did discover Necromancy, believe me I probably wouldn't use it, I'm a pure magic kinda guy, though I might try later... Come to think of it blood/stone beasts could be pretty formidable.  Oh well, I'd probably kill myself with zombies, when I use earth magic I only hurt other people.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 11:15:55 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 21, 2009, 11:36:34 pm »

GET ME OUT OF HERE YOU BASTARD

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 22, 2009, 05:12:59 pm »

I'm going to see if cure minor wounds will help my hand any.
5: You masterfully cast Cure Minor Wounds on your hand. Huh, doesn't seem to have any effect at all. Maybe your hand just grew back this way and is now considered normal? Oh well. At least you gain magic experience.

+6 to Healing
Be like Neo from the Matrix.  Only with earth instead of Agent Smiths.
5: You plow through rubble in a great storm. Yay, you're unburied!

+6 to Breaking Stuff!

Well, I guess I should head East. Make a mental note of where the balcony is, however.
4: You remember the location of the tower you're in, and walk east. Arrival at city in 1 turn.
Use dirt/magic to form a sort of semi-magical bandage for my wounds, then leave rubble.
2: Your magical reserves seem to be expended. That earthquake sure took a lot out of you.

----------------------------------
Di' Ako
Nirur Torir
Z. Chris
Lawrence Godred

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 22, 2009, 05:22:44 pm »

Get healed.  Somehow.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 22, 2009, 05:35:58 pm »

I attempt to research a trigger rune designed for equipment that activates when the wearer is badly hurt.

Countless things could be done with such a thing.

Zchris, I'd heal you if you it wouldn't have a high chance of me getting lost in the wilderness for three turns.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 59