Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: breeding question  (Read 560 times)

Zantan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
breeding question
« on: September 09, 2009, 02:31:38 pm »

I'm trying to get some giant moles and naked mole dogs which I recently caught to breed.  I have them all in a room, and there is at least one mating pair of each.  But it's been a while now, and nothing has happened.  I modified the raws for the giant moles (normally they have a lifespan of 3 years), but otherwise I don't think I did anything else.  Should I wait longer, or fiddle with their raws some?

Here is the raw for naked mole dogs:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And here is the one for the giant moles:

Can anyone spot something wrong with these that would prevent breeding?

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: breeding question
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 02:43:12 pm »

Stab in the dark(I don't usually spend much time modding creatures), but I don't see a [littersize] tag on either of them.  I'm guessing that stops breeding dead in its tracks.

Zantan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 02:46:45 pm »

Stab in the dark(I don't usually spend much time modding creatures), but I don't see a [littersize] tag on either of them.  I'm guessing that stops breeding dead in its tracks.

I looked at that before, but dogs don't have it, so I figured moles didn't either.

Lord_Frodo

• Bay Watcher
  • The crazy in the corner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 09:16:33 pm »

littersize isn't required for breeding.
random questions that may help:
1. are you trying to breed the two together?
2. do you have at least one male and one female of what you are trying to breed?

Other than that I'm not sure what it could be, but it usually takes a year for the first babies to show up after you have a male and a female of the same species.
Even the cutest things can be endearing when on fire. ~ Cajoes
GENERATION 26:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Zantan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 09:42:55 pm »

There were three giant moles in the same room (one female, two male, one male was named, but that's okay because there are no fathers in DF), as long as three male and two female naked mole dogs (two have since died of old age).

I can only think of one other thing: whenever I change the raw files, I clear the data/objects folder because of this thread http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41469.msg747766#msg747766, but it has been more than a year since I last did that.