Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 251

Author Topic: Bay12's Desktops  (Read 391609 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12's Desktops
« Reply #3120 on: April 01, 2013, 06:43:08 pm »

People post screencaps of /b/ and links to 1d4chan in the  megathreads. As long as it isn't something that breaks board rules (and to be fair a direct link is probably NSFW because of ads), you're fine. But yes, just a random image or link without anything else can be annoying.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: April 01, 2013, 06:58:44 pm »

Here is mine, i like to keep it clean. Very clean.
(large image)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I tend to keep everything in the doc's folder, with shortcuts all over the place :P
Your background is interesting.. what is it of?

That little structure silhouetted next to the falls appears to be a shinto shrine.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: April 01, 2013, 07:36:44 pm »

Here is mine, i like to keep it clean. Very clean.
(large image)

I tend to keep everything in the doc's folder, with shortcuts all over the place :P
Your background is interesting.. what is it of?

That little structure silhouetted next to the falls appears to be a shinto shrine.

The image is a painting of Nagasaki thousands of years in the future, and that's the same torri that survived the atomic attack. It's actually made of Gundanium. :V

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: April 02, 2013, 01:43:24 am »

This is my new desktop background.  Back to one monitor because my old one's power circuit blew some capacitors.  Just waiting on an adapter from Hong Kong so I can use my new second monitor.

*Forgot the link*
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 01:45:42 am by xtank5 »
IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM
Can't get enough Bolo.

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: April 02, 2013, 12:20:11 pm »

This is my new desktop background.  Back to one monitor because my old one's power circuit blew some capacitors.  Just waiting on an adapter from Hong Kong so I can use my new second monitor.
man i really like that show. but they left off season 1 with unanswered questions....

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: April 02, 2013, 05:52:27 pm »

man i really like that show. but they left off season 1 with unanswered questions....

PUT A LITTLE FENCE AROUND IT

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: April 02, 2013, 07:12:34 pm »

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: April 02, 2013, 09:33:20 pm »

So, what do you do when you find an awesome-looking image to use as your desktop background, but it's designed for a monitor with a different aspect ratio than yours or was simply never meant to be a wallpaper in the first place? I have a few images like that, and when my computer attempts to stretch them to fill the screen they tend to leave a lot of the edges out. This is, as you might expect, a bigger problem for some images than others.

So far my only idea has been to crop out unnecessary bits (if any) and then resize the image to better fit my monitor's resolution. Would this work, or do you have better ideas?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: April 02, 2013, 09:38:49 pm »

So, what do you do when you find an awesome-looking image to use as your desktop background, but it's designed for a monitor with a different aspect ratio than yours or was simply never meant to be a wallpaper in the first place? I have a few images like that, and when my computer attempts to stretch them to fill the screen they tend to leave a lot of the edges out. This is, as you might expect, a bigger problem for some images than others.

So far my only idea has been to crop out unnecessary bits (if any) and then resize the image to better fit my monitor's resolution. Would this work, or do you have better ideas?
I would suggest loading up a blank document the size of your screen in photoshop or gimp or other simaller progroms and then stretch and crop it accordingly there. Other then that idk.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: April 02, 2013, 10:32:56 pm »

You could also try creating some kind of cool frame effect to take up the rest of the screen.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: April 02, 2013, 10:35:36 pm »

I would suggest loading up a blank document the size of your screen in photoshop or gimp or other simaller progroms and then stretch and crop it accordingly there. Other then that idk.
I have Paint. Would that suffice? :P

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: April 02, 2013, 10:38:43 pm »

Heh, PM me a link to the image and the desired resolution and I'll try and sort it out for you in the morning.  For now, sleep.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: April 02, 2013, 10:48:24 pm »

If all you have is paint I suggest you pick up GIMP anyways. It's free and one of the better image editing programs out there, and it works on all the OS's.

And other then cropping/resizing the only other options that I've seen are:
A)fill in the background to fill the picture. This works great for simple object on colored background pictures, not so great on others.
B)Have black bars around the picture.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: April 02, 2013, 10:49:33 pm »

Nice of you to offer, but I've got over a dozen images that need "fixing". I managed to get a test image resized properly (keeping the original unaltered, of course) and it looks pretty good.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: April 03, 2013, 01:59:12 am »

Here's one of the images I fixed. Something a little different than the normal selection of spaceships, surrealism, and Touhou normally found in this thread:

Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 251