Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 251

Author Topic: Bay12's Desktops  (Read 388999 times)

Tyg13

• Bay Watcher
  • And then I was bacon.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12's Desktops
« Reply #1770 on: July 09, 2011, 07:40:03 pm »

Spoiler: "Desktop" (click to show/hide)

I like to keep my desktop with at least some semblance of organization.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #1771 on: July 09, 2011, 08:00:33 pm »

There are people who still use Internet Explorer?

I am honestly surprised.

I think it's mainly businesses with terrible IT, and barely computer literate people like my mom who just assume the browser that's installed on their computer by default is "the internet".

I aint the former, and i damn sure aint the latter. I just choose to stick with the Browser i know my way around.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: July 09, 2011, 08:03:55 pm »

I am honestly surprised.

I think it's mainly businesses with terrible IT, and barely computer literate people like my mom who just assume the browser that's installed on their computer by default is "the internet".  My workplace still uses IE6.  I'm experimenting today, for the first time, with running portable chrome off a usb drive.  I wish I had done this a looooong time ago.
I know my sister uses it because some school sites won't work properly with other browsers, so she just decided to stick with IE. My mom, the least computer literate of the familly, just uses Opera because that's what standard on our PC.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: July 09, 2011, 08:38:59 pm »

I am honestly surprised.

I think it's mainly businesses with terrible IT, and barely computer literate people like my mom who just assume the browser that's installed on their computer by default is "the internet".

I aint the former, and i damn sure aint the latter. I just choose to stick with the Browser i know my way around.
With so many buttons I can understand this.  I mean, Back, Forward, Home, and omg Refresh....
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: July 09, 2011, 10:26:13 pm »

All browsers have the same damn buttons, just slightly different looking. Not that hard to change really; My friend switched to Firefox just because I "have more colorful buttons".
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: July 09, 2011, 10:50:25 pm »

All browsers have the same damn buttons, just slightly different looking. Not that hard to change really; My friend switched to Firefox just because I "have more colorful buttons".
Get chrome. You can make the buttons rainbow.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: July 09, 2011, 10:54:55 pm »

You can tell him that if you want, I'm sticking to something that doesn't look like its missing everything except back and refresh and options.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: July 09, 2011, 11:09:45 pm »

You can tell him that if you want, I'm sticking to something that doesn't look like its missing everything except back and refresh and options.
Brotip: click the wrench under  the X. Just because it's more elegant about hiding the less used options doesn't make it bad. Don't hate it because it's beautiful.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: July 09, 2011, 11:11:27 pm »

I don't hate it (Chromium is good for looking at large images), but its not going to be my first pick usually.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: July 09, 2011, 11:26:28 pm »

And to avoid derailing further:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: July 09, 2011, 11:30:14 pm »

Did you ever get the wireless problem fixed?

Either way, Alienware has cool backgrounds.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: July 09, 2011, 11:31:59 pm »

The proper term for how I dealt with it is "Nuke Hamachi". And it was ever so effective. =D

Shiney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: July 09, 2011, 11:49:43 pm »

I Feel as if I'm the only one who has an overly Clean Desktop...

Then Again To be fair, That top folder has 17 gigabytes in 42,000 Files that where all at one point in time on this very desktop.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: July 09, 2011, 11:52:20 pm »

You aren't a dragon, you're a PURPLE dragon.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: July 10, 2011, 12:12:59 am »

I Feel as if I'm the only one who has an overly Clean Desktop...

Then Again To be fair, That top folder has 17 gigabytes in 42,000 Files that where all at one point in time on this very desktop.

I see your cleaned up desktop, and raise you a sexified fences/rainmeter'd desktop.

EDIT: It was then I realized I left my IP in that. >.<
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 02:04:01 am by breadbocks »
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 251