Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 52

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Game Over  (Read 67467 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 9 - Day 1
« Reply #375 on: August 27, 2009, 09:58:28 am »

Redwarrior, why would the scum kill you, please? You haven't done anything.

Nothing in the thread, of course. Two roleclaims by PM, and I might as well claim publicly. I am a Heroic Guard. My thoughts in the first claim, to Toony, were:

- If he's not dopp, they try to kill him for his possibly useful roleclaim (as I am fairly new to mafia, I might have overestimated it), but I prevent it.
- If he's any kind of scum, he knows for certain one potentially valuable role, and kills me.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 27, 2009, 10:07:14 am »

The Whiteboard
BloodBeard: Rysith, ToonyMan, webadict
Pandarsenic: BloodBeard, Mr.Person, A_Fey_Dwarf
ToonyMan: Cheeetar, forsaken1111, NUKE9.13, Pandarsenic, Xegeth
webadict: Vector

Day ends ~5pm Pacific today
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 27, 2009, 12:01:34 pm »

Redwarrior, why would the scum kill you, please? You haven't done anything.

Nothing in the thread, of course. Two roleclaims by PM, and I might as well claim publicly. I am a Heroic Guard. My thoughts in the first claim, to Toony, were:

- If he's not dopp, they try to kill him for his possibly useful roleclaim (as I am fairly new to mafia, I might have overestimated it), but I prevent it.
- If he's any kind of scum, he knows for certain one potentially valuable role, and kills me.
Aye, you'll be safe now.

Anywho, it's not ToonyMan. He's clearly town and that whole exchange... Do you really think that ToonyMan and chaoticjosh would do that? Honestly, if chaoticjosh was going to argue with someone, he'd choose... NUKE or an equivalent townie because he COULD argue with him. No, I really doubt it.

You guys do realize that you're killing the Warden, a very useful town tool, right? All of you notice that? Becuase I think you guys are lynching ToonyMan for the fun of it. I'm 93% sure he's not scum.

If you guys want to lynch someone, lynch Bloodbeard or even forsaken, but I'd much rather have ToonyMan alive than dead, especially since he's a power role.

I'll vote Pandarsenic, because I'm not going to let ToonyMan die. Maybe you guys are not getting it.

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 27, 2009, 12:13:22 pm »

I'll unvote and vote for Pandarsenic. Looking at the votes on ToonyMan at the moment, both Pandarsenic and forsaken1111 are suspected so the doppelgangers could be attempting to bandwagon him.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 27, 2009, 12:38:48 pm »

I'll unvote and vote for Pandarsenic. Looking at the votes on ToonyMan at the moment, both Pandarsenic and forsaken1111 are suspected so the doppelgangers could be attempting to bandwagon him.

FoS on Xegeth for hopping bandwagons so much. I'm starting to think they're BOTH town, myself. Still, we have to lynch somebody.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 27, 2009, 01:33:48 pm »

Unvote.

I vote Pandarsenic to save my own hide.  I have a power role doods and I think he's scum!

Also, WEBADICT IS RIGHT.  I'M TOWN.

Sorry about not posting alot, I started my next year of school.

One last thing.  RedWarrior0 PMed me saying he was a Observant Guard, not a Heroic Guard.   ???

Just to make things easier on you for the hunting, I'm the Observant Guard and I'll defend you tonight. Now you don't have to worry as much about getting NK'd for your claim.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #381 on: August 27, 2009, 02:04:21 pm »

I think that ToonyMan is town.  Granted, he's been acting kind of strange, but he does that.  And he trusted CJ after revealing Guardian, but I *might* have done that as well.  (Well, I wouldn't have because I was already suspicious of CJ and I don't think he'd ever reveal his role to me, but that's me)

Unfortunately, if I'm right, then he becomes a prime target for the scum, because he does have a rather powerful (and revealed) role.  So we'd need to protect him.  With 18 players, it's entirely possible that we have at least 3 guards.  (CJ is confirmed, RedWarrior is claimed, and at least one still hidden).  So we can keep him alive at least a little while.

While we're doing that, we can pretty easily confirm that he is what he says he is.  We can confirm that he's a Psychic Warden by having him block someone with an active role (someone that actually can be blocked).  They can PM him or post publicly to ask him to block them.  Then we know he's either a Dopp or Human Psychic Warden.  I would say the Mad Scientist, but they cannot be Wardened.  And my role is not active, so I couldn't be blocked either or I would volunteer.  At the same time, we can investigate him to see if he's Human or Dopp.  We know he's not a Dopp Leader and I don't think he could be a Kook (separate role, yes?), so he can't fake being Human.

Then we have the core of a town base, so long as Toony remains alive.  It's pretty shiny overall.

And if it turns out the he's scum, we know that tomorrow as well and he dies.  2 scum down, 2 or 3 left.

Thoughts?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #382 on: August 27, 2009, 02:06:06 pm »

On a separate note, RedWarrior0, could you please clarify which Guard you actually are?  Claiming two different things (albeit similar) makes me mildly suspicious of you.

A Heroic Guard could keep someone alive no matter what for one night longer and an Observant Guard could find scum for us.  Both useful roles, but in different ways.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #383 on: August 27, 2009, 02:09:07 pm »

And one final psuedo-edit, then I'll wait for others to chime in.  There were 5 dopps in this round, 4 are still alive.  I couldn't find the number at first because Meph had cleverly hidden it in plain sight.  ;D

So of the remaining 17 players 4 are dopps and some number are aliens.  We're still able to 'safely' trade 1/1 or even 2/1 if we have to and so long as we don't lose the more powerful power roles.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 27, 2009, 02:16:19 pm »

Janus, if I recall correctly, whomever is blocked is told they are blocked, even if they do not have an active role (I believe I got a PM one game that said something to the extent of "you feel very tired all of a sudden and go straight to bed."

And just because we prove Toony is a psychic warden means nothing.  Dopps can have psychic wardens too.  We'd also need an agent to investigate Toony, and there's no guarantee that we have one, though with the dopps having a guardian, it's fair to say we have some power roles (though with everyone who's claimed, that was clear already).

As to my vote, it's relatively clear that Panda is going to be lynched as of this moment (6 votes to Toony's 4).  Therefore, instead of placing an uneeded vote on Panda, I'm going to vote Toonyman, to put him at L-1 (or at least 1 behind Panda).  Go on scum, save your freind; you know you want to.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 27, 2009, 02:17:46 pm »

Janus, if I recall correctly, whomever is blocked is told they are blocked, even if they do not have an active role (I believe I got a PM one game that said something to the extent of "you feel very tired all of a sudden and go straight to bed."

And just because we prove Toony is a psychic warden means nothing.  Dopps can have psychic wardens too.  We'd also need an agent to investigate Toony, and there's no guarantee that we have one, though with the dopps having a guardian, it's fair to say we have some power roles (though with everyone who's claimed, that was clear already).

As to my vote, it's relatively clear that Panda is going to be lynched as of this moment (6 votes to Toony's 4).  Therefore, instead of placing an uneeded vote on Panda, I'm going to vote Toonyman, to put him at L-1 (or at least 1 behind Panda).  Go on scum, save your freind; you know you want to.
You do realize there are Enchanters, right?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 27, 2009, 02:24:48 pm »

True, though the statistical probability of one existing in this game is low.  The statistical probability of there being a dopp enchanter who has already voted for Toony is even lower.  Of course, if there is one, then Toony's screwed, and if he's town, my apologies.  If he's a dopp, however, all's well that ends well.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #387 on: August 27, 2009, 02:28:39 pm »

I mentioned the second part, that we would need someone to investigate him to make sure that he's human.
Meph, can we get a clarification on if a vanilla Townie would know that they were blocked if they were blocked?

The more that I think about it though, this does seem like a lot of effort to save Toony.  One part of me thinks that it might be worth it, because a Warden on our side would be rather useful.  On the other side, even after tonight, we need to expend a decent amount of effort just to keep Toony alive.

So, I guess that's really my new question.  Should we expend the effort to determine if Toony is town or scum?

I know this was more directed at Frelock, but that does need some consideration.  There haven't been any obvious ones in the base round or two (I don't think?), so it hasn't been an issue, but it might be one now.  This also makes me think that you might be one, remembering it because you have to.  On the other hand, I ran in to trouble with that last game (thinking you were the Exterminator, oops).  So I'll just file this one away and believe that you just remembered it better.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 27, 2009, 02:31:56 pm »

I mentioned the second part, that we would need someone to investigate him to make sure that he's human.
Meph, can we get a clarification on if a vanilla Townie would know that they were blocked if they were blocked?

The more that I think about it though, this does seem like a lot of effort to save Toony.  One part of me thinks that it might be worth it, because a Warden on our side would be rather useful.  On the other side, even after tonight, we need to expend a decent amount of effort just to keep Toony alive.

So, I guess that's really my new question.  Should we expend the effort to determine if Toony is town or scum?

I know this was more directed at Frelock, but that does need some consideration.  There haven't been any obvious ones in the base round or two (I don't think?), so it hasn't been an issue, but it might be one now.  This also makes me think that you might be one, remembering it because you have to.  On the other hand, I ran in to trouble with that last game (thinking you were the Exterminator, oops).  So I'll just file this one away and believe that you just remembered it better.
Aye, but considering I'm voting for Pandarsenic, it wouldn't matter a whole lot to me.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 27, 2009, 02:38:25 pm »

Although I agree that toony shouldn't be, this looks pretty shifty to me. There is still a day left of discussion and suspicions can change on a dime. You're basically forcing people to keep their vote on pandar and if anyone changes their mind you could go "See! They're scum!".

If you were scum and if you knew that pandar was town, this seems like the kind of tactic they would use. Would you agree?

I got some other things to talk about but I want to read them over one more time.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 52