Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Soldiers starving while standing next to pile of food and drink.  (Read 1563 times)

HungryHobo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi
I'm running the mayday v18- DFG 18-40d11 with the "Dig Deeper" mod installed.

I recently ran into a small problem-
I have a number of legendary champions, I recently switched them to crossbows and tried to get them to train, for some reason none of them will use the archery ranges I built and designated despite there being copious bone bolts.
An orc siege turned up and so I sent by champions up to the battlements with their crossbows, none of them are carrying bolts but I hoped they'd pick some up and use them.

Then they just froze.
And started starving to death.

Instead I'm now looking at 3 champions who won't move, are getting more and more hungry and thirsty, are just standing there even after I created a food stockpile around them and moved some food up.

Has anyone had any problems with the dig deeper mod which perhaps make the soldiers act like they're standing shooting bolts when they have no bolts and somehow lock them up...

The way is clear, the workers can even walk around them to bring up the food but they're dying of malnutrition while up to their knees in roasts.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Soldiers starving while standing next to pile of food and drink.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 06:35:16 am »

Some staying inside weirdness?

Also, they're probably not using the archery range because they're instructed to fire on the targets the wrong way. Change it in the Q screen.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 08:32:38 am »

Is the food forbidden?

Cryten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 08:50:14 am »

Ive heard of problems a while ago where ledgendary dwarfs refuse to train new weapons if they became ledgendary with one weapon type but I thought that was overcome a while ago.
I can only theorise that thier decision tree got fried somehow by them trying to load bone bolts when they are refusing to use x-bows. Otherwise try and replicate this problem without the mods?

HungryHobo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 09:12:10 am »

Ok I think they passed out or something and were carried away, whatever happened it broke them out of their cycle and they're eating and drinking again.
They're still refusing to train in crossbows though, I have a load of targets in the barracks all set to different directions, the soldiers are standing down and are carrying crossbows but just don't seem to want to train.
They're quite willing to train in other new weapons though.
They all first went to legendary wrestlers, then hammerdwarves and now I'm working on other weapons.
They just won't train in crossbows.....

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 11:02:54 am »

That's a common (and widely reported) problem with wrestlers.  Check their inventory to see if they're holding other people's clothes in their hands.

HungryHobo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 03:52:20 pm »

Thanks!
That was it!
I removed the thought tag, they dropped what they were holding, added it back and now they're finally training in the archery range

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 03:54:02 pm »

That was a clever solution.  Getting them to drop owned items is tricky, since you can't dump them.

Dwaref

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2009, 04:10:00 am »

by the way, how do they drop grasped items to begin with at all?
i know that they do, but not how or why.
He is somewhat reserved. He prefers to be alone. He doesn't need thrills or risks in life. He is never optimistic or enthusiastic about anything. He has a fertile imagination. He is open-minded to new ideas. He is put off by authority and tradition. He is very straightforward with others. He is very disorganized. He thinks it is incredibly important to strive for excellence. He has very little self-discipline. He takes time when making decisions. He doesn't really care about anything anymore.