Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

So long. . .

And thanks
for all the fish

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 36

Author Topic: Deadliest Dwarf: The Nerf Tourament - Down For the Count  (Read 65906 times)

Blast

• Bay Watcher
  • Deadliest Dwarf Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Deadliest Dwarf- Last Update: Round 10
« Reply #270 on: August 25, 2009, 04:30:52 am »

Gorshak FTW! :P

Well, now I want Lvl 4 Weapon (Mace) - 400 because i allready had lvl 3

Money left, 15

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 25, 2009, 04:37:28 pm »

Done.  Also, people have been requesting updates more than narratives, so I'm thinking of posting raw fight results, and leaving it up to vote if you want to see the fight posted.  That said, I'll probably still try and do a narrative for the final, because, well, you know.
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 25, 2009, 10:41:34 pm »

As per requests, here is the first in a series of fights whose narration will be at the readers request.

Round 11 of the Beta Tournament

Ravus Maniacus, an unarmored fighter whose dreaded blade cleft his last opponent asunder:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ditch Digger, the only completely armored fighter in this tournament, so much so that his previous opponent could not actually pierce his defensive shell:

Who is deadliest?

Tonight, we will see if skill can bypass equipment.  Remember that our simulator was programmed by the geniuses at Bay12Games (all of whom are presently working on a superior simulator).  To expedite this process, combat rendering has been disabled, leaving us with the raw data.  Let's see how it plays out:

Fight Video

The Aftermath:
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deadliest Dwarf- Last Update: Round 11
« Reply #273 on: August 27, 2009, 04:17:29 am »

:D

The additional 400 turtles gives me total of 550 turtles. I spend 500 turtles on an additional level of sword skill.
Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.

mjo625

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 27, 2009, 09:26:51 am »

So I guess its time for Hyperchicken to join Phoenix. Don't worry, Hyperchicken, Phoenix is quite friendly. Or is that my imagination?

Make the voices stop!!

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 28, 2009, 08:55:34 am »

Alright, I'm probably posting the next fight later today, so cast your votes yea or nay on the narrative soon (presently majority is in favor of).

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deadliest Dwarf (currently accepting players!)
« Reply #276 on: August 28, 2009, 12:36:49 pm »

Hello eveyone, just found this thread and I think fights here are really interesting.
I would like to have a character too.

Name: Rafhus Cariabhus
------------------------
Skills:
Level 3 hammer (600 ☼)

Skills Total: 600 ☼
------------------------
Equipment:
Iron war hammer(300 ☼)
Copper shield(30 ☼)
Iron helm(150 ☼)
Copper chain mail (120 ☼)
Copper greaves (60 ☼)
2 x Copper high boot (60 ☼)
2 x Copper gauntlet (60 ☼)

Equipment total: 780 ☼
------------------------
Total: 1480 ☼
20 ☼ left
------------------------
Fighting style: Relies on his armor to protect him from injury and let him stay longer in the fight then on his good hammer and his skill using it to make the final strike on his opponent.
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 28, 2009, 02:59:33 pm »

Round 12 of the Beta Tournament

Hyperchicken, the avian fighter who beat down Maunoir into a mushy pile of. . . something:

MJO625, whose awkward verse singlehandedly beheaded competitor Phoenix Firesteels

Who is deadliest?

Today, we see a face off between two very different fighters.  One slow and methodical in his killing, the other efficient and to the point.
Spoiler: Fight Results (click to show/hide)

Fight Video

Spoiler: The Aftermath (click to show/hide)

Edit -- Rafal, consider yourself on the list.  That makes 16 fighters, which means I can start another tournament immediatley following this one.  I might start contacting people whose characters don't fit into the tournament rules so I can get that started ASAP.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 03:03:37 pm by crash2455 »

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deadliest Dwarf- Last Update: Round 12
« Reply #278 on: August 28, 2009, 08:26:24 pm »

Great!
Can't wait for the tournament to start!

By the way what is the value of wrestling skill?
Can't find it in your tables. Is it like weapon skill?
It explodes in gore!

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 29, 2009, 11:56:18 pm »

I'd really recommend against buying wrestling.  The one competitor that had it didn't last too long.  I think I'm taking it out in the next tourney.

Edit:  iluogo isn't responding to my messages.  If he does not revise his character, I will remove it from the list and allow a new participant in.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 12:43:17 am by crash2455 »

Iroel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 30, 2009, 04:30:27 am »

...and that new participant would be me, I hope, as I have noticed that for some mysterious reason, I am not on the list, even though I signed up:

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=40002.msg704886#msg704886
« Last Edit: Tomorrow at 25:61:61 PM by Iroel »

mjo625

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 30, 2009, 07:28:53 am »

I'd really recommend against buying wrestling.  The one competitor that had it didn't last too long.  I think I'm taking it out in the next tourney.

Edit:  iluogo isn't responding to my messages.  If he does not revise his character, I will remove it from the list and allow a new participant in.

I'd like back in if he doesn't respond.

Regarding wrestling, I bought it as the cheapest way to get a 2nd attribute, and it does increase dodge chances, so it's a somewhat viable defensive buy. Although apparently not as viable as a damned guantlet. Now that Org has a bunch of wrestling ranks, why don't you see how he does with it before making a decision.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 30, 2009, 09:23:07 am »

1. It increases your chances to dodge.
2. It makes you less likely to lose your weapon in case it gets stuck etc.
It explodes in gore!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 30, 2009, 10:26:00 am »

I guess I'll upgrade my weapons skill with my money.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 30, 2009, 10:27:51 am »

I'd like back in if he doesn't respond.

Regarding wrestling, I bought it as the cheapest way to get a 2nd attribute, and it does increase dodge chances, so it's a somewhat viable defensive buy. Although apparently not as viable as a damned guantlet. Now that Org has a bunch of wrestling ranks, why don't you see how he does with it before making a decision.
Yeah. Im still alive, and Im doing good.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 36