Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind Redux suggestions.  (Read 51195 times)

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: Let's play... The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind
« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2009, 05:34:39 pm »

this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Mad Larks

• Bay Watcher
  • The Music Meister!
    • View Profile
It's like Schrödinger's cat spinning violently around your head vomiting multicolored flickering 1s and 0s on your eyeballs just trying to contemplate that on any meaningful level.
Follow the ups and down of Urist McBeard, Minerdorf

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2009, 09:01:44 pm »

Once, when going through the editor, long long ago, It seemed that there was the potential to construct a stronghold. Or at least have people make one for you.
Eh?
Eh!

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2009, 12:40:22 am »

That happens when you get epic high in either Hlallu, Redoran or Telvanni. I think it changes depending on which one, so Hlallu get normal fortress and Telvanni get twisted tree things.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2009, 12:50:54 am »

Yeah, and Redoran is in the Ashlands. It's actually kind of annoying to walk out there.

Anyway, it's possible to have a script that makes an object nonexistent based on quest status, so they use that- you're given a choice of red, blue, or green house (which are all in the same place in the editor) and they build it. For example. You can't actually change anything with the Vvardenfell strongholds, you do get some choices with the town you build in bloodmoon. Anyway, sadly the engine doesn't allow for 'build a house where I'm standing, facing north'. Wait, no, you MIGHT be able to pull that one, with GetplayerX, Y, and Z. But it would be a pain.

...who's up for it? Any modders who aren't already busy here?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 19, 2009, 06:46:33 am »

Anyway, sadly the engine doesn't allow for 'build a house where I'm standing, facing north'. Wait, no, you MIGHT be able to pull that one, with GetplayerX, Y, and Z. But it would be a pain.

I explored something like that for Oblivion. Interesting exercise in trig functions, but not really hard. I'll see if I can dig up my old notes. PM me some designs for houses and whatnot, and I'll take a swing at coding them.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 19, 2009, 07:06:45 pm »

And I was just thinking I'd just make a mod adding a few new houses into each city.  Then someone mentions this:
Anyway, it's possible to have a script that makes an object nonexistent based on quest status, so they use that- you're given a choice of red, blue, or green house (which are all in the same place in the editor) and they build it. For example. You can't actually change anything with the Vvardenfell strongholds, you do get some choices with the town you build in bloodmoon. Anyway, sadly the engine doesn't allow for 'build a house where I'm standing, facing north'. Wait, no, you MIGHT be able to pull that one, with GetplayerX, Y, and Z. But it would be a pain.

I have school, sorry.  This should probably also continue on one of the Morrowind threads in Other Games.

More on topic, hows the game going?  Real Life interference?
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 20, 2009, 02:46:13 pm »

What's holding it up?

Mad Larks

• Bay Watcher
  • The Music Meister!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 20, 2009, 06:41:57 pm »

http://www.tesnexus.com/
http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/static.php?page=Morrowind&game=3

That is all you will ever need, Eita. In regards to modding needs for Morrowind and Oblivion.
It's like Schrödinger's cat spinning violently around your head vomiting multicolored flickering 1s and 0s on your eyeballs just trying to contemplate that on any meaningful level.
Follow the ups and down of Urist McBeard, Minerdorf

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Eita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 20, 2009, 07:01:05 pm »

And there was much rejoicing.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 20, 2009, 07:05:31 pm »

Now I want a mod that will let my hire minstrels and have them follow me around and play songs and shit.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14