Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5127567 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Aimless Renegade
« Reply #1380 on: January 03, 2010, 04:19:28 am »

Never read this thread unless you have checked with MSPA beforehand. It is a lesson I frequently forget.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: January 03, 2010, 04:41:51 am »

I would have thought it were fairly ovbious by now that the wasteland inhabitants are all named on various variations of "Wayward Vagabond"

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: January 03, 2010, 04:43:53 am »

'Peregrine Mendicant'.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: January 03, 2010, 05:22:05 am »

How are any of these characters names alike other then they are both made up of 2 words?

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: January 03, 2010, 05:33:06 am »

Peregrine, Wayward, Aimless all mean roughly the same thing: wandering.
Mendicant, Vagabond, Renegade less so, but generally mean someone out on their own.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: January 03, 2010, 05:54:29 am »

Mendicant, Vagabond, Renegade less so, but generally mean someone out on their own.

This.

They're all some sort of synonym of "Wandering Loner". Basically, they're not names so much as descriptions.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: January 03, 2010, 11:58:20 am »

i don't know what wayward means, but peregrine and aimless are pretty antonymous, in my opinion. a peregrin has a destination, usually travels long distances to reach a sacred place, aimless means the exact oposite, but it can also be a play on AR's dubious marksmanship

renegade also has a more belicous conotation than their counterparts

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: January 03, 2010, 12:12:09 pm »

Lest it need pointing out, somewhere in Jade's house in the present is a big goddamn armory of serious firepower.  What could you possibly be hunting that would need a bazooka?

I expect we'll be finding out soon enough.  Mayhap Jade will switch from riflekind to rocketkind?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: January 03, 2010, 12:37:39 pm »

i don't know what wayward means, but peregrine and aimless are pretty antonymous, in my opinion. a peregrin has a destination, usually travels long distances to reach a sacred place, aimless means the exact oposite, but it can also be a play on AR's dubious marksmanship

Please don't force your own opinion onto the English language. This is the very basis of many misunderstandings -- sticking to well-established definitions provided by major dictionaries is usually best.

Peregrine is an adjective describing lack of direction/wandering.

I apologize if I've come off as blunt, but butchering of the English language is something intolerable unless done in jest!

On a lighter note:
I'd love to know what Grandpa's stash of weapons ended up in the MYSTIC RUINS. Perhaps Jade left them there in the past?

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #1389 on: January 03, 2010, 12:47:41 pm »

On a lighter note:
I'd love to know what Grandpa's stash of weapons ended up in the MYSTIC RUINS. Perhaps Jade left them there in the past?

"There is plenty of ammunition stored in the various AMMO CRATES which you have spent a great deal of time unearthing from nearby dunes and hauling back to your stronghold. You have a large variety of weaponry and ammunition at your disposal."

EDIT FOR GREAT CLARITY. As we should know, Jade's home is built next to the ruins, and after the whole cataclysm deal, I imagine said home would topple and then be buried. Or possibly explode. Eventually it seems to become a crater.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 12:52:18 pm by Reasonableman »
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: January 03, 2010, 12:49:03 pm »

Lest it need pointing out, somewhere in Jade's house in the present is a big goddamn armory of serious firepower.  What could you possibly be hunting that would need a bazooka?

I expect we'll be finding out soon enough.  Mayhap Jade will switch from riflekind to rocketkind?
Do note that Jades grandfather has hunted things larger than what we know in the natural world, as shown by his trophy wall.
 To be honest I'm not going to be surprised by anything her grandfather has until they break out something larger than an ICBM.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: January 03, 2010, 01:15:17 pm »

Word of warning.  If this thread has updated.  There is a very likely chance that MSPA has updated as well.  Also, it's snowing at my house.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: January 03, 2010, 01:42:49 pm »

Please don't force your own opinion onto the English language. This is the very basis of many misunderstandings -- sticking to well-established definitions provided by major dictionaries is usually best.

Peregrine is an adjective describing lack of direction/wandering.

I apologize if I've come off as blunt, but butchering of the English language is something intolerable unless done in jest!

i apologise for my mistake, i've confused peregrin with pilgrim, i'm not a native english speaker, and in portuguese the word "peregrino" is usually usend in the context of pilgrim

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: January 03, 2010, 02:21:36 pm »

My guess is that the fact he can't shoot straight is a pun on his name /captain obvious.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: January 03, 2010, 03:34:14 pm »

For some reason I thought Peregrine was either a colour of a piece of fruit.
I've played some mafia.

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 3524