Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3514 3515 [3516] 3517 3518 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5140382 times)

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
    • My game dev hobby blog (updates almost never)
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #52725 on: October 03, 2016, 01:21:35 am »

What Pumpkin member who's read Hussie's own notes on Sburb classes and things said "stop saying it's a thing it's not a thing" or something along those lines.
Holy shit the idea that those notes exist, or existed, is blowing my mind.
It's like... of course they did.  And there probably was (or IS??) a list of all the references to 7 in the Marathon games, and a developer codex of all the messages hidden in the terminal code, and...

It's like being suddenly aware that the holy grail literally exists, somewhere, but you will never see it.

You have glimpsed... The Void.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52726 on: October 06, 2016, 06:25:58 pm »

Holy shit. It's happened. There's a newspost. Hussie has actually come to us with news. Comes with a video. The promised time is upon us. The Hype Train has arrived.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 06:34:27 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52727 on: October 06, 2016, 06:43:22 pm »

That's some sweet animation. Also hype or whatever, I guess this looks like some kind of adventure game? That's pretty cool.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52728 on: October 06, 2016, 07:14:51 pm »

Also hype or whatever, I guess this looks like some kind of adventure game? That's pretty cool.

...it was literally the biggest game kickstarter ever when it had gotten funded

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52729 on: October 06, 2016, 07:15:50 pm »

And that budget was basically stolen. It's a miracle anything is getting made at all.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52730 on: October 06, 2016, 07:19:58 pm »

Also hype or whatever, I guess this looks like some kind of adventure game? That's pretty cool.

...it was literally the biggest game kickstarter ever when it had gotten funded
what, do you have something against living under rocks

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52731 on: October 06, 2016, 08:11:21 pm »

And that budget was basically stolen. It's a miracle anything is getting made at all.
What?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52732 on: October 06, 2016, 08:45:02 pm »

What?

It's kind of an open secret that the budget originally meant for hiveswap was mostly funneled into the recent remake of King's Quest. In order to recover what remained, Hussie apparently had to sign an NDA, which is why it wasn't openly discussed. It was all over the tumblrs a while back.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #52733 on: October 06, 2016, 09:15:08 pm »

Someone blabbed at some point that the game company that was going to make Hiveswap originally basically fucked around on the money for months and months and when Hussie called them on it they were funneling his funds into other games. So he had to get back what money he could and put it towards the current game dudes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #52734 on: October 07, 2016, 06:55:46 am »

Shiiiiiet, I was expecting wonky 3D graphics, this is already better than what I expected.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52735 on: October 07, 2016, 07:40:47 am »

Someone blabbed at some point that the game company that was going to make Hiveswap originally basically fucked around on the money for months and months and when Hussie called them on it they were funneling his funds into other games. So he had to get back what money he could and put it towards the current game dudes.
This is also why the last few years of Homestuck were...years, IIRC. Hussie decided to focus on getting his game on to avoid screwing over the kickstarter backers, which meant not having time for writing. I'm honestly impressed that this is the result of founding an impromptu gaming company -- I guess the Homestuck in general and the animation team specifically made for good connections.

The original post accusing The Odd Gentlemen of stealing funds seems to have been taken down, but people have posted in a few places.
Direct and to the point: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1075244
With more ranting from...the Game Grumps subreddit? (also some research afterwards, which may be interesting): https://www.reddit.com/r/gamegrumps/comments/3cgyrp/whats_this_about_the_new_kings_quest_being_made/

EDIT: the MSPA blog updated Saturday with an official Snapchat account. I only noticed today, though, so I don't know if anything has gone up yet.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 09:01:00 pm by Oneir »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52736 on: October 24, 2016, 11:09:41 pm »

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=010029

The ride never ends motherfuckers.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52737 on: October 24, 2016, 11:11:40 pm »

TWF update and your phone doesn't do Flash
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52738 on: October 24, 2016, 11:12:32 pm »

All the actual content is here

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #52739 on: October 25, 2016, 12:07:32 am »

My desktop does flash, but I don't have headphones at work.
Pages: 1 ... 3514 3515 [3516] 3517 3518 ... 3524