Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3426 3427 [3428] 3429 3430 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5142410 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #51405 on: May 07, 2015, 05:18:24 pm »

« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 10:13:57 pm by penguinofhonor »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51406 on: May 07, 2015, 06:07:26 pm »

I wish moirails were more monogamous like flushed quadrants.  I guess it's true that the "quadrants" are just a joke where some natural human relationships, like friendship, get labeled as romance even though they aren't.  Cheapens an otherwise interesting mechanic, which I guess is why a lot of fanfics do make moirails monogamous in spite of canon.

Gotta find some fics with good auspisticism, I don't think I've ever seen it handled well... and it's basically absent from canon.  It's the most alien, I think, as a long-term arrangement.

Fun update Potato containing Karkat or Dave though, heh.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 06:22:10 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51407 on: May 07, 2015, 06:18:45 pm »

Prototyping seemed to work just fine, too. I'm not saying it's certain to work, I'm just saying it seems a bit strange to jump to the conclusion that it wouldn't.

Right, that was more my question, why has no one even mentioned the possibility? Alt!Feferi healed the mayor's gut wound, and he wasn't even dead. Aranea cured blindness, which involved manipulating long-damaged flesh. It doesn't seem like that kind of repair is outside the realm of possiblity, or at least far-fetched enough to discount an attempt. I guess Vriska either saw the corpses in the future or never saw them again - which might explain the prototyping gab, too. *shrug*

Now for updart...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51408 on: May 07, 2015, 06:26:47 pm »

Auspitism is not that weird, as a long-term arrangement. It's basically just rivalry taken up a notch and with romantic overlay. Long-term rivalries are a really old concept.
._.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51409 on: May 07, 2015, 06:30:42 pm »

Auspitism is not that weird, as a long-term arrangement. It's basically just rivalry taken up a notch and with romantic overlay. Long-term rivalries are a really old concept.
That's kismesisism (sp?). Auspitism is the ashen quadrant.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51410 on: May 07, 2015, 06:32:44 pm »

It's easy to forget because I'm not sure there was one stable example in the whole canon.  It was supposed to be Kanaya's thing, but nobody seemed to really accept her meddling.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51411 on: May 07, 2015, 07:00:43 pm »

That's kismesisism (sp?). Auspitism is the ashen quadrant.
Ah yes I totally forgot about that one. Probably because of the total grand of zero actual examples of it working in practice.
._.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #51412 on: May 07, 2015, 08:44:44 pm »

I wish moirails were more monogamous like flushed quadrants.  I guess it's true that the "quadrants" are just a joke where some natural human relationships, like friendship, get labeled as romance even though they aren't.  Cheapens an otherwise interesting mechanic, which I guess is why a lot of fanfics do make moirails monogamous in spite of canon.

is there actually any indication that moiraillegiance is not monogamous in-comic?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51413 on: May 07, 2015, 08:55:47 pm »

Well... Nobody ever commented on Karkat being moirail with Gamzee, Sollux, Kanaya, and Eridan at the same time.  Maybe they were mostly secret or weren't full moirailships?  I feel like Kanaya was already his moirail before the meteor, yet she never got on his case for being Gamzee's moirail too.

But Karkat surely knew that Eridan was in diamonds with both him and Feferi, and neither ever commented on that being unusual.  (Yes, even considering that Eridan wanted a different relationship with Fef)

Edit: But I want to believe that Karkat's just palemiscuous, and that Eridan was cheating in that quadrant due to being dissatisfied.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 08:59:46 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51414 on: May 07, 2015, 08:59:16 pm »

Karkat being moirail with Gamzee, Sollux, Kanaya, and Eridan at the same time.
u wot?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #51415 on: May 07, 2015, 08:59:35 pm »

...There was no moiraillegiance there, pretty much ever. People are usually open about that. Those things were never even implied. They were just friends. That's actually a thing you can be.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51416 on: May 07, 2015, 09:20:18 pm »

They were just friends. That's actually a thing you can be.
Putnam. I am confused. What. What is "friends"? 
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51417 on: May 07, 2015, 09:31:05 pm »

I'm with Putnam on this.
The only person Karkat's been pale with (as far as we know) is Gamzee, and that didn't even happen in this timeline.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51418 on: May 07, 2015, 09:40:03 pm »

Alright yeah, perhaps I misinterpreted those particularly strong friendships as moirallegiances.  I thought it was primarily about feelings-jams.  But a moirallegiance is more than that, as Hussie explained on the forums:
Quote from: HUSSSSSIIEEEEE
"The purpose is to pacify a partner who is dangerous. It's not all about being platonic soul bros forever."
Which is potentially accomplished by feelings-jams in piles, but doesn't mean that all close relationships built around sharing feelings are moirailships.

Maybe I fell victim to:
It's often ambiguous especially among young trolls whether a bond formed between an acquaintance is true moirallegence, or the usual variety of platonic involvement.
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004301

Honestly I think Karkat and Sollux at least had a moirailship.  They were best bros who often calmed each other down.  Sollux was bipolar, and Karkat was always blustering, and then they would suddenly chill out while talking.  They did everything except literally pap.

Karkat had an unspecified "pact" with Eridan, a pact which Eridan apparently wasn't aware of.  What was the meaning of that?  I always assumed Eridan was just a good guy (because it certainly wasn't FEFERI stopping him from killing the land dwellers, worst moirallegence ever).  But actually, I feel like there are strong hints that it was his close friendship with Karkat which kept him pacified.  Which would be moirallegence.

Kanaya <> Karkat...  They don't interact all that often, but she *also* has a pacifying effect on him.  Though more like a mother, heh (Dolorosa).  He describes her as his "other best friend".  So it's certainly *hinted* at.

Gamzee he just cusses at and insults, and Gamzee never calms him down.  Until Gamzee goes insane and then their moirallegence operates perfectly, briefly, then ends offscreen.

As for the past few updates, I'd argue that Dave & Karkat is intentionally vague but pale.  They're best bros foremost, and in conversations Dave explicitly calms Karkat down with bizarre effectiveness.  While Karkat tries to be the filter that Dave lacks.

So yeah.  Maybe trolls are supposed to commit to just one moirallegiance.  I think Karkat is just the village two-horned device for calming and being calmed.  And there's nothing wrong with that  ;)
She/they

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #51419 on: May 07, 2015, 09:53:35 pm »

I think you're just reading way too much into what some of those relationships are. Especially with Eridan. You may be the firsst person to ever say Karkat <> Eridan. And Kanaya's relationship with Karkat was part of one of the few almost clubs relationships we've had.
Pages: 1 ... 3426 3427 [3428] 3429 3430 ... 3524