Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3418 3419 [3420] 3421 3422 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5142004 times)

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #51285 on: April 30, 2015, 08:31:26 pm »

The little dancing Hussie made me laugh more than I should have.
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51286 on: April 30, 2015, 08:46:42 pm »

Okay the shit-shooting update was more satisfying than I expected. I kinda like down-to-earth Dave a lot more than Dirk's pile of issues. That reunion should be fun.

Aradia has his wallet. She got it when Cal crashed near her house, remember?

I missed something, then. I remember John captchaloging the Tumor and the wallet finally ending up on Derse's moon with the Tumor in it... though re-watching Cascade, DD only had the card and not the wallet. My brain... it's full of bees. BEEEEEES!

It probably didn't help that I ragequit the comic for like two years, but damned if I'm taking another two weeks to re-read it all again.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51287 on: April 30, 2015, 11:41:26 pm »

I can't breathe I love this potato so much oh jegus
Dave and Karkat really are the best pair of characters, it's great to John reacting to them.  Or, Karkat reacting to John reacting to Dave's reaction to 3 years of glorious Alternian culture.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #51288 on: May 01, 2015, 12:46:07 am »

Wait...

When did Jade get back together with the troll group? I don't remember seeing her tearfully reuniting with Dave, Rose, Karkat, or Jake. Has she been asleep like that since joining them?
I think she was all 'grimbark' as before, but this time Vriska was around to use her mind control powers (which causes loss of consciousness for humans.) This is why she shouldn't be awoken right now.

Jade was still able to place the mind control tiara on Jane before being knocked out, it would seem.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 01:23:55 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51289 on: May 01, 2015, 01:16:45 am »

._.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51290 on: May 01, 2015, 02:35:53 am »

Hussie's feeding the shippers.

This is how you know something is about to go wrong and everyone's about to die horribly. Again.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #51291 on: May 01, 2015, 02:46:40 am »

were there really john spade terezi shippers though

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51292 on: May 01, 2015, 02:47:06 am »

i guess there will be now.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51293 on: May 01, 2015, 02:47:25 am »

were there really john spade terezi shippers though
Judging by homestuck reddit, there were at least two.
._.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #51294 on: May 01, 2015, 07:51:34 am »

« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 02:32:38 pm by penguinofhonor »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51295 on: May 01, 2015, 08:06:21 am »

Well no they aren't "just friends".  They're obviously deep in diamonds :P
That's my interpretation, anyway.  Particularly with Dave really overtly calming Karkat at the beginning there.  I think Dave has just sorta accepted that pale relationships ARE relationships, and that he's deeply involved with another guy, and that he doesn't actually have a problem with that in general.  That all his joking about gayness was just that, jokes (and insecurity).

So he hasn't "turned gay" he's just down with the quadrant system and open to both genders, psychologically.  He might not actually get flushed for other guys.  Kinda like how Kanaya only flushes for girls but is/was Karkat's moirail.

(Karkat is kinda a moirail-slut btw)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #51296 on: May 01, 2015, 08:40:46 am »

But it's 14 sentences...
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #51297 on: May 01, 2015, 09:14:01 am »

Damn you Hussie! I was looking forward to a massive communication bomb...
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51298 on: May 01, 2015, 10:43:05 am »

But it's 14 sentences...
I don't care, there's only one KARKAT in there, and that's what counts.
._.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51299 on: May 01, 2015, 10:52:26 am »

This whole "quadrant" meta-commentary by Hussie is getting a bit overdone, I think.

The 4 squares are all perfectly normal human relationships, you can see them pretty much anywhere. The only difference is, trolls add the world "romance" to it and obsess about the whole thing like fumbling teenagers pretty much forever.

Dave's commentary pretty much sums up the entire system because that's how fan interpretation goes a lot of the time. Nothing about the relationships is more or less interesting than any other kind of character development, but overlaying the cultural weight of "romance" on it frontloads all this societal baggage that gets in the way and hyperinflates its importance.

It seems like Dave's speech is pretty firmly addressed to the fourth wall as much as John. Rarely if ever do people get in shouting matches about who makes the best platonic best bros, but diamonds is that same relationship with "romance" added to it, so it's now SUPER IMPORTANT because of the R-word.

tl;dr, I guess: Life would be easier if people just liked who they liked, loved who they loved, and focused more on living than appearance.

That's what the message sounds like to me, at least.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 3418 3419 [3420] 3421 3422 ... 3524