Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3416 3417 [3418] 3419 3420 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5141890 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #51255 on: April 29, 2015, 03:32:06 pm »

Or, more likely, blown up with the rest of Alternia (and whatever got brought with her died with LoMaT). She could always have had some squirreled away in her captchalogue, I suppose, and her expertise might be helpful and... yeah alright fine
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #51256 on: April 29, 2015, 04:53:18 pm »

So, news update. He's changing the times he uploads his actual updates.
Is that significant at all?
Probably not, but mark down the date just in case.

Edit: Only after posting that do I see the news update is 3 days old already.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #51257 on: April 29, 2015, 05:04:23 pm »

« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 05:51:08 pm by penguinofhonor »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51258 on: April 29, 2015, 05:14:47 pm »

• Vriska is obviously lying about Arquiusprite.
What are you talking about, ARquiusprite is a totally rad dude.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #51259 on: April 29, 2015, 05:28:04 pm »

« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 05:51:15 pm by penguinofhonor »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51260 on: April 29, 2015, 05:41:47 pm »

Well he seems to be kind of useful with electronics and machinery and also robotics, since he's being put to work making Jane not be mind controlled. There probably is other stuff (besides the fact that he has to, in order for the Caliborn fight to happen), but I can't imagine what it would be.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #51261 on: April 29, 2015, 05:43:44 pm »

he's a combination of a STRONG horse dude with a knack for robotics and equius, like, come on, of course he's good at this.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #51262 on: April 29, 2015, 05:47:52 pm »

I, for one, am inclined to accept Vriska's explanation at face value. Seriously, dude's motherfuckin' amazeballs.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #51263 on: April 29, 2015, 06:06:53 pm »

« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 05:51:21 pm by penguinofhonor »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #51264 on: April 29, 2015, 06:15:13 pm »

I'm pretty certain her core reason for making him was "I saw him in the future and know he's important, so I made sure I was responsible for it." I don't think she could see him go into LE though because that seems like it happened in Caliborn's session. How does he get there actually?
How does Arquius get there? (asking because I'm not sure if you are speaking of him or Gamzee) I'm guessing he just follows the kids. I think it's curious that there were no trolls apart from Arquius and Gamzee in Caliborn's masterpiece, I wonder what happens to them.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #51265 on: April 29, 2015, 07:54:18 pm »

^date

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51266 on: April 29, 2015, 08:03:43 pm »

Actually John's using one of their devices right now. The popamatic vrillyhoo warhammer uses a tiny version of Vriska's doomsday concatenator and the flourite octet. It was the first weapon available (in non-hypothetical timelines, the first being Vriska's Ancestral Awakening Marquise cutlass) that did appreciable damage to Bec Noir.

Bluh bluh epileptic trees, Caliborn is currently wearing a Jack Noir body, illuminati confirmed.
Wha

so wait, how did "vriska's doomsday machines" => "cherub's ancient weapons"?

i don't understand

I went on an archive binge in the megamicrojigga-pause whatever... so I don't have a specific link for this. But:

John alchemizes a bunch of stuff together off-screen before he starts the Scratch. The stuff he has access to are a code for the octet, and the weapons on Liv Tyler, which were some of the trolls' ancestral weapons, zillyhoo, and caledscratch. The next time you see him, he uses the popamatic hammer on that big sungod-looking guardian during Cascade, but that dome on top of it uses the flourite octet and looks exactly like the massive concatenator that fell on V's lussus, shrunk down. Nothing else John has access to looked even remotely like that, and since he did the alchemizing offscreen I'd guarantee there was more to it that we're not supposed to have seen yet.

We do know there's some event where items get scattered along the timeline (Spades Slick has Jane's Crosbytop, the Felt have her picture of Jeff Foxworthy), so I'm assuming this comes with that.

I wasn't joking when I said epileptic trees...
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #51267 on: April 30, 2015, 03:44:38 am »

The MSPA RSS feed behaves strangely, and the last arrow link in the latest update leads to a blank page for me.
Truly, those are the ending times.

Anyway, I'm still happy about reunion time and barely annoyed by spidertroll.

And in my ever humble opinion Vriska's right about the Kernelsprites. Bringing back the cat and the fish is pretty secondary to saving the multiverse, and having two extra lives for the godtier players is more useful than two more soft targets.

If this is the timeline they attack Caliborn from (and how could it not be?) that does raise the question what happens to Karkat, Terezi, Vriska, Kanaya, the Mayor and Tavsprite. Do they get a parallel mission? Vriska at least stated to still have an iron in the fire.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #51268 on: April 30, 2015, 03:55:27 am »

Actually, the update pages seem to be randomly showing up as blank sometimes. I think it's server shenanigans.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #51269 on: April 30, 2015, 04:04:25 am »

Ha! After excessive F5ing there is an entire additional page! About the Pages! And then some more pages.
Thanks for the hint!
Pages: 1 ... 3416 3417 [3418] 3419 3420 ... 3524