Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3186 3187 [3188] 3189 3190 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5116659 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #47805 on: August 07, 2013, 03:21:30 pm »

Just hope that Jane never meets Erisolsprite, or we'll somehow end up with 64 copies of Sollux (AND Eridan) running around being 1/64 dead.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #47806 on: August 07, 2013, 03:30:18 pm »

update

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #47807 on: August 07, 2013, 03:50:21 pm »

On the ring: I think it will work as described. Problem? Brings the person life where their ghost is. So they would essentially be too far away to do anything. Or not. The furthest ring is weird like that.

UPDATE:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 07:39:34 pm by Mageziya »
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #47808 on: August 07, 2013, 04:50:44 pm »

Just hope that Jane never meets Erisolsprite, or we'll somehow end up with 64 copies of Sollux (AND Eridan) running around being 1/64 dead.

You're not shipping 32 Solluxes/Jane/32 Eridans OT65? Kids today.

But that is a very good question:which quantum state between complete deathness and absolute lifehood do prototyped gravestuffers- excuse me, dead people, inhibit? If Jane revived in Erisol's rough direction(assuming her rezzing power works on anything except a fresh kill), would the sprite be destroyed and deassembled to the, now living, component troll bodies or would simply an invisible flag switch from "DEAD." to "alive"? Would the act of reviving Sollux dead-self actually kill his blind-self(and make his now living dead-self blind)? Would it actually leave Erisol sprite unchanged but physically destroy Erighost and Blind Sollux, integrating their memories into the sprite and restoring zero to two dreamselves for it... somewhere? Do sprites even sleep?

Life powers seem to work on Carapaces, what if Jane used a few n-th walls to travel into the dying Troll universe and restore Sn0wman to life? Could she revive the troll's Bilious Slick? Could she revive English, restoring Calliope in his body? Could she revive the Kings or were they not even alive in their highly symbolically rendered manner?

« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 05:01:07 pm by Liber celi »

Meansdarling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47809 on: August 07, 2013, 08:36:15 pm »

So...

Does John time travel now? Along with space powers?

He can be anywhere, anywhen? Everywhere, all at once?

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #47810 on: August 07, 2013, 09:05:43 pm »

Those seem to be the effects of the weapon. Some can even argue that the weapon works by making the user the weapon itself. So in other words John likely IS the weapon.

The only problem is, John doesn't know how to control it. If he does, however, then suddenly, he will be a force to be reckoned with, greater than )(IC, Jade, and potentially Lord English. Though, that's the point of the weapon. He could undo Caliborn's/English's existence, cross universal on a grand scale. He do any sort of thing imaginable. He could stop Dream Jade's death, the Sufferer's execution, Jack's usurp, anything. However, I doubt Hussie would change those things. This is similar to how most other works perceive time travel, however, it would be on the scale of the timeline of genuine, total existence and interaction. The concept of Alpha timeline has always infuriated me, this is the type of time travel I like to see.

If he figures out how to take people with him, then nothing would be able to stop him. Nothing could catch him.

Fear John. Worship John. Praise John.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #47811 on: August 07, 2013, 09:49:49 pm »

y'know, I really liked time travel in this work. It had to be done a certain way, and there were concrete laws about how it worked.

Now john is saying nuts to that and is just tele-spamming everywhere

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #47812 on: August 07, 2013, 10:04:13 pm »

That's because those were functioning on different levels of abstraction from their base reality. Dave used sburb-level time travel which was fairly heavily restricted and had hardset rules. John is a few levels above that, because he got a cheat item that lets him override a lot of rules.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47813 on: August 07, 2013, 11:07:03 pm »

John isn't really time traveling so much as game traveling. Like, it only looks like time travel because he's jumping through different points in the game, and some of them are coincidentally in the past.

Also, update was great. Does anyone else feel Dave has gotten slightly less funny since his last walkaround appearance, though?

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #47814 on: August 07, 2013, 11:18:29 pm »

Uhhh, guys? I just noticed something, and well, I'm going to leave this here:
Spoiler: Logo Shenanigans (click to show/hide)
I did the best I could in Microsoft Paint. (Heh.)

The bottom one is a hypothetical to "Finish" the symbol. If there is an actual symbol that appears, it would likely only have 2 squares, not counting the internal spinny one.

Also pay attention to the color. Who happens to be the "Villain" per say from each session? A2: Gamzee (Purple). B1: Jade (Green). B2: Jane (Red).

I admit, I am not the original person to notice the color part, and I doubt the original person to notice the symbols fitting together.

All in all, what does it mean? The most I can think of is a C session. (Caliborn.)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 11:21:42 pm by Mageziya »

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #47815 on: August 08, 2013, 12:26:04 am »

omg you can fit flat objects against other flat objects. truly revolutionary.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #47816 on: August 08, 2013, 12:39:15 am »

These two John pages aren't actually linked with any other part of the comic.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #47817 on: August 08, 2013, 01:07:54 am »

These two John pages aren't actually linked with any other part of the comic.

wat

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #47818 on: August 08, 2013, 01:12:40 am »

That links to the un-Johnned versions of them.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #47819 on: August 08, 2013, 01:13:15 am »

I don't understand what you're saying then...
Pages: 1 ... 3186 3187 [3188] 3189 3190 ... 3524