Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2793 2794 [2795] 2796 2797 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5127310 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Hotstuck: [S][A6I3]
« Reply #41910 on: October 18, 2012, 10:23:58 pm »

I thought he was pretty okay until Mituna. Then it went back to "I fucking hate all the Aquarius guys".
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #41911 on: October 18, 2012, 10:29:10 pm »

I loved hating Cronus as soon as I saw him.

I was like "Oh fuck he's a Nice Guy! HAHAHA."

Also, Homestuck on youtube (a.k.a going into Octopimp's comment section):

Quote from: Karkat Vantas
WELL I COULD SAY ' WOW THAT WAS REALLY SOMETHING THAT MADE MY BLOODPUSHER MOVE UNNATURALLY FAST AND GIVE ME THESE UNWANTED FEELINGS OF AWE' BUT I AVE THE SHORT AND SWEET VERSION.

If you're going to roleplay a troll, at least get your organ names right. It's a "pump biscuit".

Quote from: Jaspers Frigglish Lalonde
wow..thats a first. karkat saying its ''cute''

Yes, because Karkat is a loud-ass motherfucker who fuckin' swears a whole fuckin' lot and that's his fuckin' character and he hates shit. He isn't the single most compassionate person in all of Homestuck and a great fan of TROLL ROMANTIC COMEDIES at all.

Quote from: Migglecraft
Well as far as I'm aware, Jasper talking is also a first. Unless of course you're supposed to be Guidestuck Jasper, in which case you're doing it all wrong.

What. Jaspers talked. A few times, actually.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 10:33:24 pm by Putnam »

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #41912 on: October 18, 2012, 11:37:05 pm »

Update.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #41913 on: October 18, 2012, 11:40:40 pm »

Update.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He's fucking shit up. Whether or not he's fucking shit up for or against him is to be seen.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41914 on: October 18, 2012, 11:41:28 pm »

All shit is to be fucked up. This is Homestuck.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #41915 on: October 19, 2012, 12:23:08 am »

Before he was introduced, I got the impression LE was an omnipotent demon who also happened to be extremely clever, what with how he works through proxies all the time and is never seen. He had an invisible hand and made stuff work in his favor without his direct involvement.

Nope. Laserbeamz out of his mouth. Kills dead people. Just about the least subtle thing anyone could ever do.

Why did Hussie build him up as some sort of spacetime pimp mastermind, and then do this?

/sigh

Whatever, where do these stupid treasure maps lead.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41916 on: October 19, 2012, 01:05:14 am »

Man, just look at all these updates lying all over the place up in here.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41917 on: October 19, 2012, 01:07:22 am »

Vriska's light-emblazoned compass rose makes me think this is a function of her Thief of Light powers.  Just as Rose was able to navigate as the Seer of Light, Vriska has "borrowed" navigation aid from LE.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41918 on: October 19, 2012, 01:10:51 am »

Before he was introduced, I got the impression LE was an omnipotent demon who also happened to be extremely clever, what with how he works through proxies all the time and is never seen. He had an invisible hand and made stuff work in his favor without his direct involvement.
Subtlety is Doc Scratch's job.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #41919 on: October 19, 2012, 01:22:18 am »

Nope. Laserbeamz out of his mouth. Kills dead people. Just about the least subtle thing anyone could ever do.

Why did Hussie build him up as some sort of spacetime pimp mastermind, and then do this?
My understanding is that Doc Scratch was the strategist. LE, on the other hand, is a master tactician - he seems to be actually quite good at comic up with tricks to bludgeon the spirit of the rules into submission with the letter, but if Vriska's opinion is accurate, he's not that good at working those tricks into the big picture, instead counting on them to win through sheer force of breaking the game. Right now, he's trying to tie up loose ends as quickly as possible - a reasonable thing to do, though he might not have anticipated the consequences or might simply think they're irrelevant since he can still kill anything he finds.

And, of course, there's always the possibility that giving definition and structure to the furthest ring will make it easier to find Calliope, who is hiding in a dream bubble somewhere and could well have been making use of the formlessness of space there as one of (presumably many) defenses. LE might actually find this to be crucial, rather than a side effect. This would, of course, undermine my first paragraph fairly heavily, but meh.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #41920 on: October 19, 2012, 01:28:45 am »

I think Lord English is really subtle and manipulating, but in the end he's got to come out and fuck some shit up. We've seen his subtlety, his manipulation, his pulling strings from the background. That has encompassed the duration of Earth's and Alternia's histories. Now it's time for him to reap the spoils of his manipulation and he doesn't really need to mess around anymore since he's already made sure that nobody can stop him.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41921 on: October 19, 2012, 01:38:55 am »

It's just an immature boy who wants things to be overly complex because he digs stupid games and has serious issues with the opposite sex due to his alternate ego/sister he never settled things with. Which is sorta cool, but we still gotta find out how he got all this power and how the Green Sun works in all this.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41922 on: October 19, 2012, 12:51:58 pm »

I think Lord English is really subtle and manipulating, but in the end he's got to come out and fuck some shit up. We've seen his subtlety, his manipulation, his pulling strings from the background. That has encompassed the duration of Earth's and Alternia's histories. Now it's time for him to reap the spoils of his manipulation and he doesn't really need to mess around anymore since he's already made sure that nobody can stop him.
Well, did LE really do any of the subtle manipulation? The closest to that we've seen from him was the uUs' game, everything else has been by people under his employ. LE doesn't scheme, he just blows everything up.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41923 on: October 19, 2012, 12:53:29 pm »

I wonder if Clint Eastwood would serve to calm Gamzee or just enrage him further.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41924 on: October 19, 2012, 12:57:20 pm »

Welp, while LE may be a tactical mastermind, that doesn't mean he's invincible to Fuck-ups. Even Napoleon made mistakes (IE Invading Russia.) and I would assume that green space deamon pimps are no exception. Good thing too. I'd prefer this to just having Lord English as the ultimate Villain Sue.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.
Pages: 1 ... 2793 2794 [2795] 2796 2797 ... 3524