Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2790 2791 [2792] 2793 2794 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5125199 times)

BlueMagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Blue admires magical items for their shininess
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Hotstuck: [S][A6I3]
« Reply #41865 on: October 16, 2012, 09:27:01 am »

What if Vriska is right? That there is no other boss? It seemed too obvious....
Blue cancels Type Coherent Post: Crying Over Fictional Characters

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41866 on: October 16, 2012, 09:45:58 am »

It only seems obvious because Vriska pointed it out. The only thing that could point out such a shoddy twist would be the number 9 on the end of SBurb.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41867 on: October 16, 2012, 10:37:38 am »

Vriska is about a gazallion and 6 solar sweeps old. You know, since she's been a ghost for eternity and all.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41868 on: October 16, 2012, 03:37:35 pm »

She's been ghost for about a year. The ancestors are the ones who have been a ghosts for eternity.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41869 on: October 16, 2012, 03:42:06 pm »

Meenah's been only a ghost for a couple hours. Time doesn't work the way you think it does in the bubbles.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41870 on: October 16, 2012, 04:01:48 pm »

Well, most of the time it does. Remember Jadesprite? She was in the afterlife for a couple of years, the same time her stuffed corpse sat in Grandpa Harley's study collecting dust.

Well, actually, I'm not sure whether that was ever outright stated. Maybe she also spent the eternity in the afterlife? Can't recall anything that would contradict that. :\

Still, there's nothing suggesting that Vriska would have spent more time in the afterlife than John's spent on the ship.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41871 on: October 16, 2012, 04:03:46 pm »

Still, there's nothing suggesting that Vriska would have spent more time in the afterlife than John's spent on the ship.
Absence of evidence makes a terrible basis for a theory. Unless you're going for absolutely crackpot, that is. Then go nuts.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41872 on: October 16, 2012, 04:14:20 pm »

Absence of evidence makes a terrible basis for a theory. Unless you're going for absolutely crackpot, that is. Then go nuts.

Counterpoint: That also makes the theory that she's already been dead for eternity a terrible theory. Indeed, that's kind of exactly what I'm proposing here. That although there is nothing directly contradicting the claim that she's already been dead for eternity, there is nothing supporting it either, and until we have some evidence, we should just assume she's the same age as John.

Unless you have a better "default theory"? :P

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41873 on: October 16, 2012, 04:17:08 pm »

I think the default is "Who cares, we're in the middle of exposition here, John and Tavros are having a fight fight, and damn Hussie for not updating any faster".

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41874 on: October 16, 2012, 04:25:15 pm »

When she said things like "8ut then you die, and time just goes on, and on........ then on some more."

That isn't the only thing she said but it is one of them. Well, they seem pretty supportive of "They've been there a long time!"
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41875 on: October 16, 2012, 04:27:43 pm »

I personally think a couple sweeps or so seems to be about right.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41876 on: October 16, 2012, 04:44:41 pm »

You guys are kind of forgetting that time and space are a little... odd... in the Furthest Ring.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41877 on: October 16, 2012, 04:50:05 pm »

People's perception of the flow of time isn't, though.

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41878 on: October 16, 2012, 05:52:10 pm »

She's been ghost for about a year. The ancestors are the ones who have been a ghosts for eternity.

Except for Meenah. She's somehow been dead for less time than the others have.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41879 on: October 16, 2012, 06:34:30 pm »

It's almost like the amount of time that passes for you is exactly the time you need to do your ghostly business!  This seems more and more like a perfect afterlife.

For instance, Aranea was dead for thousands of kinda-years.  Does she seem to mind?  No, because she was studying Alternia and enjoying witnessing all the complex threads and plots!  And probably composing exposition about Beforus/Beforans for anyone who cared to listen.

For Meenah that level of introspection and obsessing over an alternate universe would have been hell, so instead she spends a little time assaulting Roxy then gets to see Aranea right away.

It's probably based on Purgatory, but it's the nicest Purgatory conceivable.  Heck, maybe LE's ghost-murder wasn't evil after all - all those ghosts may have been done with their post-life wrap-up and were ready to actually stop existing!  Due to time being subjective here they could take as long as they wanted without being late for their annihilation.

(If I wish hard enough that everything's cool, that makes it slightly more true!)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 2790 2791 [2792] 2793 2794 ... 3524