Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2140 2141 [2142] 2143 2144 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5125006 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck: [S] ACT 6
« Reply #32115 on: November 23, 2011, 10:30:07 pm »

Unless Hussie lives in the Farthest Ring for some bullshit reason, where time and space have no meaning.

Or if he lives outside the story, hence fourth wall.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #32116 on: November 23, 2011, 10:35:20 pm »

Well, considering that the fourth wall that they crashed into goes straight into another fourth wall in Andrew's house, and that the only fourth wall we've seen other than those two is one in what is probably Lalonde's house in the Act 6 opener flash, which they're probably going to go through.
Thats working off assumtions, something I rarely ever do. We don't know what this other Fourth Wall is, where it leads, or what it shows. However, I think its unlikely that it is the one is Hussies study. B2's Fourth wall likely didn't exist till the reset, and therefore its effectively impossible for it to lead to B2. Unless Hussie lives in the Farthest Ring for some bullshit reason, where time and space have no meaning.

Not sure what I think about the new kids. Haven't formed an opinion about them yet.

Edit: Image dumps hells to the yes.

Wait, you think what's unlikely that it is the one in Hussie's study?

Because the one they crashed into is definitely the one in Hussie's study, as shown in the intermission 2 flash.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32117 on: November 23, 2011, 10:35:54 pm »

That guy in the Internet Summary staring in abject horror

Dude has a brotha's soul in him

brother from another mother to all my fine African bros
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32118 on: November 23, 2011, 10:38:49 pm »

Unless Hussie lives in the Farthest Ring for some bullshit reason, where time and space have no meaning.
I don't think that would have effect. If it WAS important, it would have likely been said before. I pretty assume that time flows normally everywhere but the Farthest Ring and beyond.

Because the one they crashed into is definitely the one in Hussie's study, as shown in the intermission 2 flash.
I think its unlikely the that Fourth Wall we last saw John and Jade hurlling towards is connected to the one we saw in the Act 6 animation.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 11:22:13 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #32119 on: November 23, 2011, 11:07:43 pm »

I don't think that would have effect. If it WAS important, it would have likely been said before. I pretty assume that time flows normally everywhere but the Farthest Ring and beyond.

I think its unlikely the that Fourth Wall we last saw John and Jade hurlling towards isn't connected to the one we saw in the Act 6 animation.

So... you're agreeing with me????

Okay, here's how I see it:

Jade and John, in the Prospit ship, crashed into the fourth wall, as seen in Cascade. After that, they end up in Andrew's study, for a very short time, as seen in Intermission 2. When they crash through the second fourth wall we see in intermission 2 (and earlier), they would probably go through to the one seen in the Act 6 flash.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32120 on: November 23, 2011, 11:10:16 pm »

Also, apparently sticking hussie's lips onto things is a thing.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32121 on: November 23, 2011, 11:21:53 pm »

No, I am saying just the opposite Putnam. I am saying that the fourth wall in act 6 is not connected to the one we saw John and Jade going towards. This is because I believe the B2 Fourth Wall was not created at the time. What happened there is a horror of grammer.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #32122 on: November 23, 2011, 11:24:49 pm »

No, I am saying just the opposite Putnam. I am saying that the fourth wall in act 6 is not connected to the one we saw John and Jade going towards. This is because I believe the B2 Fourth Wall was not created at the time. What happened there is a horror of grammer.

Yes, but that's operating under the assumption that time is linear in paradox space! The scratch universe has been created at that time, because the scratch had happened!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32123 on: November 24, 2011, 12:08:44 am »

Hmm... we never did find out how Nana knew all that stuff, did we? I wonder...

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32124 on: November 24, 2011, 12:36:20 am »

Hmm... we never did find out how Nana knew all that stuff, did we? I wonder...

Do you mean about the game? That was explicitly stated as being due to the prototyping; becoming a sprite imparts all sorts of knowledge about the game and various riddles.

This is because I believe the B2 Fourth Wall was not created at the time.

Time doesn't matter; after all, we had Liv Tyler (robobunny) introduced to the B1 session well before John reset the universe. B2 exists parallel to B1, not after, at least on a meta scale.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32125 on: November 24, 2011, 12:59:16 am »

None the less, I do not expect Jade and John to come of that Window. The theory is a bit inconsistant, at very least, in my opinion.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32126 on: November 24, 2011, 12:59:42 am »

Hussie exists outside of the Session universes (as far as we know), so that second fourth wall can lead to pretty much anywhere.
We'll just have to wait and pointlessly speculate.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #32127 on: November 24, 2011, 01:00:01 am »

What's interesting is that this book can't be a stable time loop without interference from the kids, so I guess that means we'll be encountering them before the new kids/guardians are created.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #32128 on: November 24, 2011, 01:04:20 am »

None the less, I do not expect Jade and John to come of that Window. The theory is a bit inconsistant, at very least, in my opinion.

I may say that, if the goal for the kids wasn't specifically described as escaping to the scratched universe!

Also, aqizzar, I think I may actually download and look at your troll mod for once >_>

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32129 on: November 24, 2011, 01:06:27 am »

Remember folks, Hussie is writing the comic.  That window Jade and John go through could take them anywhere, because he can always just add another window.  Hell, Jade might know how to build one.

Also, aqizzar, I think I may actually download and look at your troll mod for once >_>

The only thing in it worth noting is how I made the blood work, and I think you had a better solution.  I also futzed around the the appearance and personality mods, which succeeded in making them hideous and surly.  Never could make the horns interesting.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 2140 2141 [2142] 2143 2144 ... 3524