Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 1756 1757 [1758] 1759 1760 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5116451 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: why are you EVENING posing here
« Reply #26355 on: June 11, 2011, 04:50:16 pm »

Yes. There are some things that the world should not create.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26356 on: June 11, 2011, 04:52:48 pm »

This fandom is a frightening one.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26357 on: June 11, 2011, 04:52:58 pm »

Right now though, it's pretty obvious that most trolls are male though.  By defining males as ones that give genetic material to the egg, and female as the ones that form the egg, then only the mother grubs are female.  I'm not sure whether to consider ordinary trolls male or to consider the imperial drone male, and I'm going to ignore the idea that the imperial drone is relatively new, because it doesn't match with my personal ideals, and it's only a fan theory anyway.  It's pretty obvious that they consider themselves to be male or female, and there are probably bodily differences, but I'm guessing both "genders" have all of their organs.  Possibly in different amounts.

Completely and totally wrong.  Drones and "Mother Grubs" are not Trolls, it's a symbiotic web of different species.  More importantly we stopped talking about it, because it's ridiculous.

Back to Homestuck proper.  I just saw Harry Anderson on HBO, he is (or was, in the 1980s) John as a young man.  It's incredible, he was even wearing a teal-green suit and horn-rimmed glasses.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26358 on: June 11, 2011, 04:59:50 pm »

Right now though, it's pretty obvious that most trolls are male though.  By defining males as ones that give genetic material to the egg, and female as the ones that form the egg, then only the mother grubs are female.  I'm not sure whether to consider ordinary trolls male or to consider the imperial drone male, and I'm going to ignore the idea that the imperial drone is relatively new, because it doesn't match with my personal ideals, and it's only a fan theory anyway.  It's pretty obvious that they consider themselves to be male or female, and there are probably bodily differences, but I'm guessing both "genders" have all of their organs.  Possibly in different amounts.

Completely and totally wrong.  Drones and "Mother Grubs" are not Trolls, it's a symbiotic web of different species.  More importantly we stopped talking about it, because it's ridiculous.

Back to Homestuck proper.  I just saw Harry Anderson on HBO, he is (or was, in the 1980s) John as a young man.  It's incredible.

That doesn't really make sense, but I'm going to accept it as truth, because that was part of the plan.  Also, that's a pretty terrible reason to stop talking about anything in this thread.

"Anderson wrote a book called Games You Can't Lose: A Guide for Suckers, a collection of gags, cons, tricks and scams."  Comedian/magician IS basically John's dream job.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #26359 on: June 11, 2011, 05:17:37 pm »

This fandom is a frightening one.
Thats...

A very bastardized version..
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26360 on: June 11, 2011, 05:23:37 pm »

By defining males as ones that give genetic material to the egg, and female as the ones that form the egg, then only the mother grubs are female.  I'm not sure whether to consider ordinary trolls male or to consider the imperial drone male, and I'm going to ignore the idea that the imperial drone is relatively new, because it doesn't match with my personal ideals, and it's only a fan theory anyway.
Being male doesn't necessarily mean that they can fertilize stuff. For example, with bees, drones are females that can't fertilize anything and exist for the sole purpose of serving the queen. They aren't fertilized, so maybe the only difference between trolls and drones is that drones hadn't been fertilized and trolls had.
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26361 on: June 11, 2011, 06:02:48 pm »

Back to Homestuck proper.  I just saw Harry Anderson on HBO, he is (or was, in the 1980s) John as a young man.  It's incredible, he was even wearing a teal-green suit and horn-rimmed glasses.

It's like there's some.... sort of influencing involved.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Shinziril

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26362 on: June 11, 2011, 06:03:44 pm »

Err, honeybee drones are male and can fertilize with the queen?  I think you mean workers, who are sterile females who exist solely to serve the queen. 
Quote from: lolghurt
Quote from: Urist McTaverish
why is Dwarven science always on fire?
Because normal science is boring

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26363 on: June 11, 2011, 06:28:19 pm »

Err, honeybee drones are male and can fertilize with the queen?  I think you mean workers, who are sterile females who exist solely to serve the queen.
...I need to stop relying so hard on my memory alone. I've got the whole internet at my disposal, dammit.
But my point still remains, sorta. The only inconsistency is the name swap and. Um. Something about genders? You know what, screw troll genes.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26364 on: June 11, 2011, 06:37:29 pm »

...I need to stop relying so hard on my memory alone. I've got the whole internet at my disposal, dammit.
But my point still remains, sorta. The only inconsistency is the name swap and. Um. Something about genders? You know what, screw troll genes.
I think relying on memory alone is a noble venture that promotes actually knowing things instead of bumming off wikipedia.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26365 on: June 11, 2011, 06:43:27 pm »

Using memory, all bees are female except a few males who exist solely to pork the queen. the only difference between a queen and a worker bee is a diet of royal jelly?

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26366 on: June 11, 2011, 06:46:54 pm »

You confused me for a bit, because I think drones are the only males and are the ones who do the fertilizing.  Most workers are female, and I think have female organs similar to the queen, but for some reason aren't fertile.  I also seem to remember learning that a queen only needs to be fertilized once, and can store the genes for like, most of her life.  Obviously that wouldn't work for trolls though, because their entire society fertilizes the queen via the imperial drone, instead of the drone doing it on its own.  I consider all trolls male, because they supply mobile genetic material, which is something only males do normally.  Seahorses are a weird case, but I'm pretty sure the eggs are moved after being fertilized.

And don't trolls have carpenter drones too?

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #26367 on: June 11, 2011, 07:21:15 pm »

Redrom reproduction is quite similar to our own... means... but without a... erm... internal ending.

Blackrom requires them to both lose [blood/limb/extraneous body part/organ of some sort] and is carried out with serrated knives for that purpose. This act is called "Blood Dancing", and despite the violent intentions and emotions both trolls must survive or else the drone uses their entire body for material.

Both are viable means of reproduction. It is cultural influence that dictates that trolls must have both. Cultural in this instance meaning the Empress declared it and thus you shall obey or be crushed into a bloody pulp.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26368 on: June 11, 2011, 07:24:11 pm »

I was under the impression that it was simply strong reciprocating emotions that caused genetic material to be released. And that trolls who are <3< towards eachother would try to save their life if it was in danger, as the intent isn't to hate and hurt your rival but to hate and fight with them.

The two pale relationships seem focused around making sure blackdom doesn't end up killing other trolls so reproduction can take place.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26369 on: June 11, 2011, 07:24:54 pm »

I think their reproduction is pretty much based on emotion, too. I know there had to have been a reason for this, but I'll have to do some searching to find it.

Quote from: various people
bees bees bee2
This is getting confusing. Not that I haven't heard of any of this before, it's just that it's hard to remember what pieces of information go where in my brain to form the trufax.

Wanna make it a little more confusing? Pheromones.
I know that they can help identify the queen, among other things since there are different pheromones. I don't remember where I heard/saw/read it, but if a bee, or even a person, can somehow get their hands or feet on the queen's pheromones, the hive will treat you like you are her. They won't know the difference.
FUN FACT OF THE DAY for people who it never occurred to to read about how bees work.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 07:27:23 pm by applesauce machine »
Pages: 1 ... 1756 1757 [1758] 1759 1760 ... 3524