Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 889 890 [891] 892 893 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5129754 times)

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: MSPA: Jade is falling again
« Reply #13350 on: November 28, 2010, 01:42:11 am »

Jack also can't fit into his coat.

Considering how much power Jack Noir now has this is an incredibly silly reason to say that Jack Noir isn't Lord English.

Like he couldn't fit himself to a coat. Or couldn't make the coat fit to him.

It's not proof he isn't, but there's also not a jot of proof that he IS Lord English.  Especially considering that every Jack and presumably every King and Queen has the potential to be prototyped with a First Guardian.
Also known as Zuhayr.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13351 on: November 28, 2010, 01:42:23 am »

So is Jade in a snowy world, or in space? I am undecided.
I'm thinking Jades world will be a tropical island type deal. WV did draw the planets in his pod, so we have some idea of their nature.

I always thought it was clouds or islands, but those white smudges could be snow too.

Or even volcanic ash.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13352 on: November 28, 2010, 01:44:07 am »

I will forever associate the MAXIMUM TROLLING image with this thread and Homestuck.

If Jack IS Lord English, that opens some damn fine questions, like why does he need to create the Felt? Why change his name to Lord English and start making so many Pool puns? What was with the server that heralded his coming? Why does Spades Slick want him dead so bad?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #13353 on: November 28, 2010, 01:48:14 am »

It's not proof he isn't, but there's also not a jot of proof that he IS Lord English.  Especially considering that every Jack and presumably every King and Queen has the potential to be prototyped with a First Guardian.

Reading the Formspring stuff, it really looks like Andrew Hussie is deliberately avoiding confirmation just to avoid spoiling everything for certain.

I mean, come on. Two indestructible demons? Like that's going to happen will already have happened.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Outcast Orange

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETIMES_SQUID]
    • View Profile
    • The Outcast Orange
« Reply #13354 on: November 28, 2010, 01:48:42 am »

Uh....

1. Grab something with mouth.

2. Toss it into the kernel.

Have you ever tried throwing something with your mouth?

Teleport it above the sprite.
 Let it fall in.

Oh. Yeah that'd be it, huh?

You make it sound like navigating an object into a floating orb would be hard for something that can teleport objects to outer space.
[7:53:55 PM] Armok, why did you demand that I don't eat you?
[7:54:34 PM] [Armok]: woooooo

Burried Houses - Platform Explorer Demo H - Cloud Scream

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13355 on: November 28, 2010, 01:48:54 am »

I forgot about Slick really wanting to kill Lord English centuries in the future.  While that has the potential to be a really huge philosophical quandary, like Slick wanting to kill himself as a form of self-loathing for all he's done, recall: Slick runs into himself several times in the course of the Intermission, and every time he's quite amicable and impressed with himself.  Slick is basically the only person in the world that Slick actually respects.

I mean, come on. Two indestructible demons? Like that's going to happen will already have happened.

Theory: Bec-Jack is necessary, to defeat Lord English.  That was the whole point of this exercise, to create a being that could defeat the universe-destroying demon.  Only it went a little crazy.

Quote from: More Hussnasty
...Such as calling the rift a "scratch", which brought the demon into the session, where Scratch is the name of the guy who's job it is to pave the way for LE...

Note that Aradia appears to be talking to Scratch on this page. http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004505

She asks why he (we now know, Jack) is here. Scratch indicates it's none of his business.

He's such a wonderfully smug little genius, isn't he?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 01:50:32 am by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13356 on: November 28, 2010, 01:50:22 am »

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13357 on: November 28, 2010, 01:55:35 am »

The thought that there was not one but two indestructible demons running around didn't even occur to me for some reason. Very silly of me, I know. There's at least one more, by the way.

IDE/THEORY: White Queen is Lord English.

But yeah, it might not be a good idea to take Andrew's assertions of incompatible coat sizes at face value, considering he just basically admitted to misleading everyone about Lord Englishes true identity.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13358 on: November 28, 2010, 02:00:04 am »

Lord English is a Horrorterror who ate the white prototyping ring, thus becoming even more horror-terrible.

Totally calling it.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13359 on: November 28, 2010, 02:07:26 am »

I was going to quote another answer from the Formspring doohicky, when I realized how ridiculous that would be.  I count at least a dozen people right here running around with their hair on fire, analyzing implications and implying analysis about Jack being omnipotent and such means for the story.  Apparently, a lot of other people are doing the same thing, because as we sit here, Hussie is himself sitting in front of a computer furiously typing answers to these exact same questions.

Time to kick back with a little Sting, and wait to do the Monday Morning Comicbook Quarterbacking later.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13360 on: November 28, 2010, 02:23:39 am »

Fuck, Bro, Davesprite, NO! Please don't be dead Davesprite, please don't be injured Bro.  :'(
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13361 on: November 28, 2010, 03:01:15 am »

Wait a second.  Lord English has different eyes than fully prototyped Jack does.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13362 on: November 28, 2010, 03:03:34 am »

Aqizzar makes an excellent point, lets not speculate on the future of homestuck before we get ahead of ourselves.

That said, what exactly IS Becquerel's power, anyway? A layman could say "He's just fast," but considering he can move up, down, and across the time-space continuum, the thought is brought into question.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13363 on: November 28, 2010, 03:04:03 am »

Bec thinks with portals.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #13364 on: November 28, 2010, 03:04:55 am »

Wait a second.  Lord English has different eyes than fully prototyped Jack does.

If I recall correctly Lord English has never made an appearance in the comic.

That said, what exactly IS Becquerel's power, anyway? A layman could say "He's just fast," but considering he can move up, down, and across the time-space continuum, the thought is brought into question.

He is omnipotent. That is his power.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 889 890 [891] 892 893 ... 3524