Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 750 751 [752] 753 754 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5120450 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: THE INTERNET CAN'T HANDLE ME
« Reply #11265 on: October 26, 2010, 01:09:42 am »

Kinda looks like Iji to me.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11266 on: October 26, 2010, 01:48:07 am »

Oh jegus, I get off work and see this? I will not be getting any sleep tonight. I will spend all night at the Cage Shrine.

So much epic in this update.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #11267 on: October 26, 2010, 04:32:48 am »

Pretty cool, did about everything I could.
So, Lord English is someone Karkat knew before meeting the humans...
I wonder who?

So let's talk about this from eight pages and hours ago. Because aside from snippets from the future trolls (Aradia asplodes? How does that happen? Eridan's computer asplodes? How does that happen?) it's really the only new piece of information to talk about.

I get the feeling that Lord English is Jack Noir. Or at least a version of him. It's the only person outside of the group of trolls that Karkat would be able to recognize. Karkat's not talking to the trolls any differently, so I doubt Lord English could be one of them.

Obviously if it's Jack Noir then some session went horribly wrong and created him. Could very well be the kids' session. Not enough information to do anything besides wild speculation.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11268 on: October 26, 2010, 05:20:48 am »

Oh good God I love this so much.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11269 on: October 26, 2010, 05:23:51 am »

It's funny looking at the timestamps, and realizing that whole argument bit came and went in a flash and then everyone stopped talking after they saw the whole game-ish-thing.  But I just finished now, so I get to talk about it.  What to say, what to say...

The artistic style deserves more praise and analysis.  I think Aradia and Vriska really got the best deal out of the outside help, those sprite designs and expressions are fantastic.  Sure, almost all of them are, but those two especially.  Feferi and Eridan too, especially Eridan's freakout face.  On the other hand, I believe Nepeta looked goddamn retarded by any measure, and Sollux looks like he was drawn by a completely different art team.  I think it's his outlines being too thin or something, but he instantly reminded me of Beavis and Butthead.

There's a surprising dearth of wild speculation in here.  What will Aradia explode?  What will Eridan say to thoroughly piss off Rose?  And since when did Vriska and Feferi have anything to talk about?  Really, as adorable as that was, who saw that coming?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11270 on: October 26, 2010, 05:34:35 am »

Yeah, Nepeta looked... uh, Flapjack-ish, coming from someone who's only ever seen Flapjack whilst crossing through the room with the TV. In terms of expression, I mean, but that kid's face is apparently trying to eat him so it's difficult to say exactly what expression I mean.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11271 on: October 26, 2010, 05:47:06 am »

The sprites definitely kick ass, but Sollux does look really weird comparatively.  Kanaya also has a weird look to her.

Ninja:  Oh yeah, Nepeta looked weird too, although not as weird as some of them.

Eridan was really good and captured the seadweller look in a cool way, but he looks like a tuna or something.
Shoes...

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11272 on: October 26, 2010, 06:03:14 am »

This game is the best game ever. So much dialogue! ::::D

EDIT: oh god i recognized one of the musclebeast paintings
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 06:09:25 am by Soadreqm »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11273 on: October 26, 2010, 06:08:43 am »

So much dialogue! ::::D

And so little "gameplay".  Oh I enjoy it sure, but I'm sad that it simultaneously cuts the legs out from under any serious suggestion of a fangame, without really being a game.

But hey, turns out Vriska's crazy eye has a power besides seeing into cueballs.  And she can powerslide without rocket-shoes.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11274 on: October 26, 2010, 06:13:21 am »

Oh I enjoy it sure, but I'm sad that it simultaneously cuts the legs out from under any serious suggestion of a fangame, without really being a game.

Well, anyone interested in making a fangame now has pre-made sprites. Which really lowers the threshold for anyone wanting to make one. I'm expecting a couple of two-hours-with-RPGmaker affairs to pop up, at the very least.

Although I think I'd rather have a Mega Man knockoff. :P

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11275 on: October 26, 2010, 06:19:53 am »

I'm expecting a couple of two-hours-with-RPGmaker affairs to pop up, at the very least.

I intended to put a little more effort into it than that.  The character portraits are the best part thing on display, and hopefully the full art will make it's way into the art-threads on the forum soon enough.  I too think a Megaman+Metroidvania+Battletoads design ethos would best capture the spirit of the gameplay without being a significant technical challenge (say, GameMaker 8 ).  But hey, one pipedream at a time for me.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 06:22:09 am by Aqizzar »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11276 on: October 26, 2010, 08:22:05 am »

Now don't we all feel bad?  We bitched and moaned that Hussy was slacking off and it turned out he was making this special wonderful thing for us.
Shoes...

Deteramot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11277 on: October 26, 2010, 09:12:09 am »

I think I missed some things. I thought I read on here that Nannasprite was taken over by Doc Scratch, and yet all my searching revealed nothing.

I also read that Dave and Terezi meet up and get romantic.

Confirmation? Or was someone just trololololing?
I'm currently making a nice room for my legendary clerk. I always treat my legendaries with the greatest respect, giving them the best rooms and so on. Although the walls are mostly engraved with pictures of my miner starving to death after he fell down a well, so it's not too cheerful.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11278 on: October 26, 2010, 09:15:10 am »

Shoes...

Deteramot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11279 on: October 26, 2010, 09:19:50 am »

CTHULHU.

YOU DOUCHE.

I was kinda excited about that....

AND IT DOESN'T HELP THAT THE OTHER PARTS OF THAT COMMENT WERE TRUE.

DOUCHE.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 09:21:54 am by Deteramot »
I'm currently making a nice room for my legendary clerk. I always treat my legendaries with the greatest respect, giving them the best rooms and so on. Although the walls are mostly engraved with pictures of my miner starving to death after he fell down a well, so it's not too cheerful.
Pages: 1 ... 750 751 [752] 753 754 ... 3524