Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 689 690 [691] 692 693 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5117692 times)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: There is always a 'U'pdate!
« Reply #10350 on: October 13, 2010, 10:58:56 am »

Considering Sollux's eyes are solid blue/red and Equius' eyes appear to just be blue, her eyes aren't that creepy, honestly.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10351 on: October 13, 2010, 11:02:25 am »

We've never actually seen Equiius eyes though, just the blue shadows under them.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10352 on: October 13, 2010, 11:49:37 am »

Still though, I wonder why exactly Dave sent her that much. Especially since they may be past the point where they don't need boonbucks/boonbonds or can't use them anymore.

Because she told him to. Six hours in the future.

Deteramot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10353 on: October 13, 2010, 12:10:32 pm »

6 hours and 12 minutes, I believe.
I'm currently making a nice room for my legendary clerk. I always treat my legendaries with the greatest respect, giving them the best rooms and so on. Although the walls are mostly engraved with pictures of my miner starving to death after he fell down a well, so it's not too cheerful.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10354 on: October 13, 2010, 12:10:52 pm »

Although she said to only wire her 413, not 413,000,000,000,000,000,000.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10355 on: October 13, 2010, 12:12:57 pm »

413 boonbonds though, that's how the denominations work.
Shoes...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10356 on: October 13, 2010, 12:14:55 pm »

Dammit Hussie, you gotta define your terminology here.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #10357 on: October 13, 2010, 12:31:49 pm »

Something I just noticed.

On the page with the smellovision Prospit, the moon has seven towers. I was wondering who Sollux was shacking up with since I thought there were only going to be six and they were all occupied, but I guess he's got his own.

I can't remember if this detail was always on that page or not.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10358 on: October 13, 2010, 12:46:01 pm »

1,000,000 boondollars is a boonbuck.
1,000,000,000,000,000,000 boondollars is a boonbond.
Since Dave suggested sending Terezi "an even boonbank", I'm guessing that's 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 boondollars.

And I think we all know that Hussie will NEVER define the terminology. He will trickle out the words as he needs them. As entertaining as the troll romance exposition was, I don't think he's going to do another one for Sburban economy.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 12:49:12 pm by Soadreqm »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10359 on: October 13, 2010, 02:36:22 pm »

And I think we all know that Hussie will NEVER define the terminology. He will trickle out the words as he needs them. As entertaining as the troll romance exposition was, I don't think he's going to do another one for Sburban economy.

Speaking kinda seriously, consider the following.  The trolls acquired enough game-money to buy all the best "fraymotifs" for twelve players.  413 'boonbonds' is enough to make the blind girl go bugged eyed.  That kind of denomination doesn't sit around doing nothing in a story where practically ever object or term ever mentioned finds a use somewhere.

Man, why do so many nameless companies want money for a gif editor, that's retarded.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10360 on: October 13, 2010, 03:13:26 pm »

I thought about the money too. The trolls had twelve players (some of them already fairly wealthy in case that matters) adventuring for like six hundred hours, and they got all the best fraymotifs that boondollars could buy. Terezi thinks that 413 boonbonds is an absolutely preposterous amount of money. Dave spent three days in one day traveling through time and making the stock exchange his bitch. 413 boonbonds is apparently small change to him. Just how much does he have? What could he possibly use it on?

IDE/THEORY: Dave will buy Derse.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10361 on: October 13, 2010, 03:23:17 pm »

From who!? The queen's dead, and I doubt Jack has any intention of doing somthing that doesn't involve mass murder.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #10362 on: October 13, 2010, 03:25:43 pm »

Dave spent three days in one day traveling through time and making the stock exchange his bitch.

Infinite money exploits are awesome, aren't they.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10363 on: October 13, 2010, 03:47:44 pm »

From who!? The queen's dead, and I doubt Jack has any intention of doing somthing that doesn't involve mass murder.

From the in-game marketplace, dummy.

Also,
Quote from: Andrew
There is still some presumption in that breakdown though. 1,000,000 boondollars = 1 boonbuck, but there's nothing to suggest they continue to group in clusters of millions. They could progress in clusters of thousands after that.

The fact that a mint logically sounds like a larger denomination than a bank, thus eliminating banks from occupying the leftmost digits, is the strongest evidence for this. It also makes sense to group by 1000's in larger denominations since the figures become so astronomical.

Spoiler: Referring to this (click to show/hide)

Of course that horse-loving internet hobo can't just TELL us which is which. That would be FAR TOO SIMPLE.

Deteramot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10364 on: October 13, 2010, 03:56:45 pm »

I think it logically goes dollars, bucks, banks, bonds, mints. Mints seem, as big lips said, like the largest of those denominations. We know bonds have to go where they are in that diagram, because of the words of Terezi in the most recent update. And it does make logical sense to continue changing terms by millions, because it makes sense to keep things simple. We have thousands, millions, billions, trillions, quadrillions, quintillions, and so on. Because the term for Boondollars changed to boonbucks at 1 million boondollars, it makes logical sense that boonbucks will increase to the next stage at 1 million boonbucks.

Wait. Why am I trying to apply logic to Homestuck?

The answer: WTS mated with WPS mated with WFAHW.
I'm currently making a nice room for my legendary clerk. I always treat my legendaries with the greatest respect, giving them the best rooms and so on. Although the walls are mostly engraved with pictures of my miner starving to death after he fell down a well, so it's not too cheerful.
Pages: 1 ... 689 690 [691] 692 693 ... 3524