Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 684 685 [686] 687 688 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5118222 times)

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: There is always a 'U'pdate!
« Reply #10275 on: October 12, 2010, 07:47:59 am »

Oh noooo! Prospit! D:

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10276 on: October 12, 2010, 07:50:32 am »

So, now we have two universes where Prospit is destroyed and the fate of Derse is left unanswered. Another constant, perhaps?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10277 on: October 12, 2010, 02:00:45 pm »

No, Prospit just has a very punchable face.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #10278 on: October 12, 2010, 03:02:31 pm »

Interesting use of that particular color, I think.

So anyways, I was being completely vague here. Here's what I was getting at.

Now that we've seen Lord English do something of his own, we get to see that the colors and effects when he's at work look exactly the same as anything Doc Scratch and Becquerel do.

Several interesting consequences. His agents are all either borrowing or mimicking his power in some way, so their servitude is a bit more forced than simply swearing loyalty. This includes the Felt, Snowman, Doc Scratch via genetic code.

And Becquerel. I think we've bandied about a few theories that the First Guardians are servants of Lord English, or they are supposed to be, but I think this proves it. Not enough information to speculate about what's going to happen there, what with the revelation that the kids' session is not meant to create its own universe (Maybe the kids' session is designed to trap Lord English?), and Becquerel is a dog, but it will be interesting to see what happens with him going forward.

This also makes me wonder how the genetic code that created Becquerel (and presumably Doc Scratch as well) became locked in Rose's subconscious in the first place. I don't think we've found that out. But I guess this means there are multiple entities using stable time loops for competing ends. Nothing too earth shattering there.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10279 on: October 12, 2010, 03:12:06 pm »

If I remember right, it was actually Diamonds Droogs alternate self, the Draconian Dignitary that brought Becquerel to being. I don't think we actually know whether he was under orders from someone or something or if it was through his own will.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10280 on: October 12, 2010, 03:15:36 pm »

Nothing too earth shattering there.

Very cute.  If the Prospit shattering kaboom was indeed Lord English (edit: you saw nothing) in action, I'm actually a little surprised and underwhelmed.  The guy can apparently unmake time itself, if the "Rift" business is any indication.  If he can blow up the universe in one stroke anyway, why bother destroying any particular planet first?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 03:31:04 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10281 on: October 12, 2010, 03:25:51 pm »

Maybe he is looking for something?

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #10282 on: October 12, 2010, 03:28:15 pm »

Maybe he's just bein' a dick
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #10283 on: October 12, 2010, 03:31:20 pm »

If I remember right, it was actually Diamonds Droogs alternate self, the Draconian Dignitary that brought Becquerel to being. I don't think we actually know whether he was under orders from someone or something or if it was through his own will.

I think Jack Noir may have told him to do it. Draconian Dignitary and Courtyard Droll talked over walkie talkie, so the Midnight Crew style organization and communication is still there even if the names and suits and hats aren't. So it's a good assumption to make.

Why he did it, or why Jack ordered him to do it, still remains unanswered.

If the Prospit shattering kaboom was indeed Doc Scratch in action, I'm actually a little surprised and underwhelmed.  The guy can apparently unmake time itself, if the "Rift" business is any indication.  If he can blow up the universe in one stroke anyway, why bother destroying any particular planet first?

Maybe he wants to savor each bite. He's got all the time in the universe so he might as well enjoy himself as he eats every last part of it.

Whoa and hey look update.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10284 on: October 12, 2010, 03:32:21 pm »

Maybe he is looking for something?

Or he is looking for the trolls and is trying to eliminate any remaining dreamselves. Which doesn't quite make sense if Doc Scratch/Lord English is truly omnipotent. Then again, we don't know Doc Scratch's true strength.

Then again, mythology is full of omnipotent or near omnipotent entities using only a fraction of their full power for shits and giggles.

@Elegy: Exactly.

Theres nothing new in this new update, we're just seeing things from Terezeis perspective.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 03:34:23 pm by smjjames »

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #10285 on: October 12, 2010, 03:35:37 pm »

Yes there is. Karkat is wearing a short sleeve shirt.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10286 on: October 12, 2010, 03:36:04 pm »

Maybe he wants to savor each bite. He's got all the time in the universe so he might as well enjoy himself as he eats every last part of it.

Whoa and hey look update.

I actually edited that right as you responded to it.  Oops.  It gets a little confusing talking about Doc Scratch and Lord English in one conversation, because it's not entirely clear where one ends and the other begins.  What exactly can English do that the already nearly omniscient and omnipotent Scratch can't?  Be both of those things genuinely?  We'll see I guess.

And yeah, interesting update.  Apparently that blurry picture of "hero mode Gamzee" Hussie posted in his forum really is how Terezi "sees" things.  Unconscious Karkat is pretty good too.

Any bets on how long it'll be before biglips retroactively edits that?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #10287 on: October 12, 2010, 03:36:55 pm »

Oh look

Tavros is getting his new legs
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10288 on: October 12, 2010, 03:37:06 pm »

There is one other new thing in this update, that being proof that you can still dream even after your dream-self is dead. It makes sense anyway, but it's good to have it confirmed.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10289 on: October 12, 2010, 03:38:21 pm »

That and Gamzees shocked expression, which is only noteable because he almost always has the relaxed hippie expression.
Pages: 1 ... 684 685 [686] 687 688 ... 3524