Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 579 580 [581] 582 583 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5121178 times)

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: There Could Be An Update RIGHT NOW
« Reply #8700 on: September 19, 2010, 05:03:02 pm »

A Solar Sweep might not actually be the time it takes for the planet to make a full orbit around the star. We have things like the 12th dark season's equinox and bilunar pedigrees. I would actually venture a guess that Andrew didn't think that out and doesn't really give a shit. The star's big and mean, and the trolls are vulnerable to it.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8701 on: September 19, 2010, 05:06:39 pm »

"You belong to a RATHER OBSCURE CULT, which foretells of a BAND OF ROWDY AND CAPRICIOUS MINSTRELS which will rise one day on a MYTHICAL PARADISE PLANET that does not exist yet."

Gamzee created the Insane Clown Posse? :o

My mind. It is blown.
I'm more interested in the paradise planet bit. Seems all the aspects of Earth are like an Eden to them. And it actually is, we don't have the monsters of their planet. And depending on if Trolls are just sensitive to light or the Alternian sun is just very bright, we could also have a sun pleasant enough to survive under.
Earth also lacks people with crazy psychic powers. The trolls would have ruled the world without any trouble at all if they had been let in.

If the planet has very high inerta but low relative gravity, it might be able to sustain slow orbit around the star. I think. Space physics is weird and difficult.
Not possible. High inertia = high speed or high mass. High speed = far orbit, high mass = high gravity.

The trolls can't possibly be all that close to their sun with the length of their years... But that sun of theirs does NOT look normal. No ordinary star looks like that. Maybe there's some impossible psychic thing inside it. Besides, the intensity of a star's light does not correspond directly to it's mass. The two are related, but there are outliers.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8702 on: September 19, 2010, 05:07:01 pm »

I have alternate theory.  Andrew Hussie is not an astrophysicist, and made up Alternia's orbit structure the same way Star Wars can have planets that violate the laws of thermodynamics.  We've already seen his stellar treatment of asteroid impacts, Alternia's cosmology is par for the course in the science department.

GOOFY SCIENCY MAGIC
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8703 on: September 19, 2010, 05:13:43 pm »

Yes, let's argue about fictional planets.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8704 on: September 19, 2010, 05:15:22 pm »

Someone alchemized alternia's sun with a giant lightbulb that was also on fire.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #8705 on: September 19, 2010, 05:48:26 pm »

Update.

I totally fucking called this, too. John is Karkat's kismesis.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8706 on: September 19, 2010, 05:50:57 pm »

Act 5 Act 2 now, oh joy.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8707 on: September 19, 2010, 05:53:25 pm »

Wait, does this mean Hussie isn't restricted to however many acts he said he would do before finishing if he can pull this crap? Sweet. More possible MSPA.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8708 on: September 19, 2010, 05:54:24 pm »

I totally fucking called this, too. John is Karkat's kismesis.

Daww
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #8709 on: September 19, 2010, 05:56:09 pm »

Wait, does this mean Hussie isn't restricted to however many acts he said he would do before finishing if he can pull this crap? Sweet. More possible MSPA.

Act 6 Act 4 Act 3 is going to be sweet, I can already tell.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8710 on: September 19, 2010, 05:56:37 pm »

I'm slightly confused.....

Is that suppoused to be the former location of the betty crocker factory?.

Also, nice with the spaced out look on Karkats face at the end there.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8711 on: September 19, 2010, 06:01:01 pm »

So, Karkat finally found someone he hates more than himself. Romantic hatred/rivalry, GO!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8712 on: September 19, 2010, 06:01:46 pm »

Waiit a minute, look closely near the end of the movie, there are TWO craters, one is partially obscured by the smoke and looks brown.

Also, it looks like John lives (or lived) in Seattle, or at least Washington state somewhere.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8713 on: September 19, 2010, 06:02:18 pm »

Act 6 Act 4 Act 3 is going to be sweet, I can already tell.
I dunno, Act 5, Act 1 Act 6 is where things will really heat up.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: There is always a 'U'pdate!
« Reply #8714 on: September 19, 2010, 06:04:30 pm »

The background crater is the remains of the Betty Crocker factory, the foreground crater is the remains of John's neighborhood.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 579 580 [581] 582 583 ... 3524