Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5121550 times)

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: There Could Be An Update RIGHT NOW
« Reply #8685 on: September 19, 2010, 03:20:45 pm »

Maybe Doc Scratch started talking to Aradia to gloat? The trolls did just summon Lord English after all (well, not directly, but they had an important part to play). And Doc Scratch is an egotistical cueball. It sort of seems like something he might do to offer his insincere thanks.

Without more of the conversation it would just be speculation at this point. And I doubt we're going to get to read it.
I dunno, he seems more "I don't know what's going on, it's not really my business what my employer gets up to" than "sucks for you guys that he's here"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8686 on: September 19, 2010, 03:20:49 pm »

« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 03:23:13 pm by ToonyMan »

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #8687 on: September 19, 2010, 03:24:11 pm »

sad face.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8688 on: September 19, 2010, 03:25:00 pm »

Godmmit Hussie, You had this planned all along!

GC: YOU SM3LL L1K3 OR4NG3 CR34MS1CL3S
TG: what
TG: youre aliens do you even have orange creamsicles
GC: OF COURS3 WH4T K1ND OF 4WFUL C1V1L1Z4T1ON WOULDNT 1NV3NT OR4NG3 CR34MS1CL3S
GC: NOT ON3 1D W4NT 4NYTH1NG TO DO W1TH

"You belong to a RATHER OBSCURE CULT, which foretells of a BAND OF ROWDY AND CAPRICIOUS MINSTRELS which will rise one day on a MYTHICAL PARADISE PLANET that does not exist yet."
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 03:34:13 pm by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8689 on: September 19, 2010, 03:36:55 pm »

"You belong to a RATHER OBSCURE CULT, which foretells of a BAND OF ROWDY AND CAPRICIOUS MINSTRELS which will rise one day on a MYTHICAL PARADISE PLANET that does not exist yet."

Gamzee created the Insane Clown Posse? :o

My mind. It is blown.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #8690 on: September 19, 2010, 03:38:17 pm »

Maybe Doc Scratch started talking to Aradia to gloat? The trolls did just summon Lord English after all (well, not directly, but they had an important part to play). And Doc Scratch is an egotistical cueball. It sort of seems like something he might do to offer his insincere thanks.

Without more of the conversation it would just be speculation at this point. And I doubt we're going to get to read it.
I dunno, he seems more "I don't know what's going on, it's not really my business what my employer gets up to" than "sucks for you guys that he's here"

That's just a tiny snippet from a much longer conversation. I doubt the whole conversation is Doc Scratch talking about how much he doesn't know. It's not a pleasant conversational topic for him.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8691 on: September 19, 2010, 03:50:37 pm »

My mind. It is blown.
I'm more interested in the paradise planet bit. Seems all the aspects of Earth are like an Eden to them. And it actually is, we don't have the monsters of their planet. And depending on if Trolls are just sensitive to light or the Alternian sun is just very bright, we could also have a sun pleasant enough to survive under.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8692 on: September 19, 2010, 04:04:11 pm »

Well, even the trolls would need to have a star to provide some level of light, so their intent could just be to only be active at night, and we have plenty of that for half of the year.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Deteramot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8693 on: September 19, 2010, 04:07:14 pm »

My mind. It is blown.
I'm more interested in the paradise planet bit. Seems all the aspects of Earth are like an Eden to them. And it actually is, we don't have the monsters of their planet. And depending on if Trolls are just sensitive to light or the Alternian sun is just very bright, we could also have a sun pleasant enough to survive under.

Actually, that bothers me. Their star seemed like it was a red giant, which would make it less intense than Earth's star, unless they were absurdly close to it. But they obviously aren't absurdly close to it, in order for one year on their planet to equal 2.5 Earth years.

Just bothers me. Of course, the implication is that they are in a totally different universe, so maybe G is a different constant which allows for slower orbits while close to such a large object. Or something.
I'm currently making a nice room for my legendary clerk. I always treat my legendaries with the greatest respect, giving them the best rooms and so on. Although the walls are mostly engraved with pictures of my miner starving to death after he fell down a well, so it's not too cheerful.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8694 on: September 19, 2010, 04:11:25 pm »

But they obviously aren't absurdly close to it, in order for one year on their planet to equal 2.5 Earth years.

You assume orbit speed to be a constant. Why can't the planet move as damn slow as it wants to?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8695 on: September 19, 2010, 04:14:17 pm »

Side by slide, it looks as if Alternia's star is about twice the size of Earth's and red. That doesn't qualify it for red giant status, if I remember correctly. Alternia does indeed appear much closer to its star than Earth does to its own.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8696 on: September 19, 2010, 04:16:07 pm »

But they obviously aren't absurdly close to it, in order for one year on their planet to equal 2.5 Earth years.
You assume orbit speed to be a constant. Why can't the planet move as damn slow as it wants to?
And remember that scientists do encounter strange anomalies with space probes, suggesting that some laws of physics don't work the same out of our solar system. Whatever physics that would normally force a planet to orbit a star at some speed would work radically different there.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8697 on: September 19, 2010, 04:39:03 pm »

Because if it goes too slow, it falls in.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8698 on: September 19, 2010, 04:45:18 pm »

If the planet has very high inerta but low relative gravity, it might be able to sustain slow orbit around the star. I think. Space physics is weird and difficult.
No Gods, No Masters.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #8699 on: September 19, 2010, 04:59:06 pm »

Just bothers me. Of course, the implication is that they are in a totally different universe, so maybe G is a different constant which allows for slower orbits while close to such a large object. Or something.
Yea, if it's lower that explains slower orbit closer, the star being bigger and reder while not necessarily less bright, and how alternia can be biger but have lower gravity and larger animals and trolls being able to jump high and impossible architecture.

On the OTHER hand, in that case then how did galaxies and stars form in the first place? Even small deviations mean radicaly different erly development for universes, and we're talking abaut a large one.

Somone who knows more than me abaut astrophysics shuld examine this.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 3524